Run with Me

Runaway

Do Kyungsoo liked it being with him. He liked to circle his arms around his waist, burying his head onto his chest, cuddling with him. He liked to see that shy smile on his face whenever they held hands or deep blush on his cheeks whenever he kissed those pretty lips. He liked to sing him lullaby at nights, sending him to peaceful sleep without nightmares. He liked his scent, his warmth that lingered and radiated towards him.

Do Kyungsoo was sure about all of it, but Kim Jongin wasn’t stupid.

“ Do you….love me?”

To him, the older man’s his wings, his sun. He’s his breath, his universe.  He reached out his hands to save him from darkness, showing him something new- something he never know exist before- called love.

          Kyungsoo only smiled at him.

 

 

Kim Jongin thought maybe he’s indeed stupid.

          “ W-what are you doing?” Kyungsoo snapped, hand covering the red spot on the back of his neck.

Jongin’s taken aback.“ I-I-“

          “ Never do that again.”

          That’s the first time Jongin noticed the barrier Kyungsoo put around himself.

 

 

 

“ Touch me, hyung.”

          Jongin’s tired. Tired with all this uncertainty haunting over them.

          Kyungsoo looked away. “ I… can’t.”

 

 

 

 

Jongin ran. He ran as far as his legs could bring him away from Kyungsoo. He concealed, letting himself breaking all over again.

          “ Yo’re just pathetic like this. If he doesn’t like you, make him does.”

 

         

 


Time flows. Four years, two months, twelve days later, they met again.

          “ Americano please.”

          Kyungsoo’s heart sank as soon as he recognized that voice. He lifted his face and saw a familiar man in neat black shirt paying for his order. He walked past him before heading out. That scent- Kyungsoo’s eyes followed the figure disappearing into a latest BMW.

          “ What’s up?”

          “ No-nothing.”

          “ Eh, by the way, let’s go back. Sehun said the client’s already on his way.”

 

 

 


“ Hyung.”

          Kim Jongin’s sure had changed a lot since the last time Kyungsoo remember. He’s not longer the unstable boy he used to see but a confident young businessman. He’s a lot taller, with deeper voice and firm handshake.

          “ Jongin.”

          “ I’ve been looking for you.”

The same smile appeared across the younger’s face brought too much memories for Kyungsoo to handle.“ We’re working.”

          “ No. It’s already eight. Everybody’s going home now.”

          “ I still have more to do. You can go back home.” Kyungsoo turned his back but something stopped him. He could feel a gentle hold on his wrist.

          “ I miss you, hyung."
  
         " No," Kyungsoo's voice was barely audible. He put his free hand on his chest, it hurt so much he could barely breath but why? " I'm getting married."