01: Prologue

Transient Dreams

 

“I don’t want to go to sleep!” The eight year old girl contravened her parent’s orders by scrambling around the petite room, trying hard not to get captured. Due to her feeble little legs, she tripped over the scattered toys therefore, surrendering the little game of catch.

As the dad scooped her up, she kicked the air flailing her arms demanding to be put down this instance. She wanted to play more, and like any immature kid out there, she detested her bedtime more than anything else. “It’s too early,” she complained.  

“You have school tomorrow and you don’t want to fall asleep in class, do you?” The dad tucked the girl in bed, kissing her cheek before leaving. On the other hand, she mumbled incoherent words such as “I don’t want to go to school” or “What if a monster attacks me?” Her mom simply smiled at the remarks switching the lights off. “You’ll be fine sweetie.  Sweet dreams.”

Gradually, the girl fell into a deep slumber, too exhausted to protest further.

 

 

 

From a distance stood a castle fit for a princess and her prince. She looked around the woods nervously wanting to be in her mom’s hold. The frightful feeling of being lost felt so real, as a result, she sobbed until a young man around the age of seventeen asked her if she was alright. The girl shook her head saying that she wants to go home and see her parents again.

The young man laughed. “It’s okay Semi,  this is a dream. You can be and do whatever you want here.”

“Sir, who are you?” Semi asked looking down in obscurity. Her parents have always told her to never speak to strangers, and in a place like this, she was not certainly going to do so.

“I’m your guardian. Tell me your wish and I shall grant it,” he spoke softly.

She looked up finally noticing the man’s face. He was certainly handsome, but of course she was too young to realize that. All she wanted is to become a princess - and a princess she is.

“I want to be a princess with my own castle and a pretty blue dress.”

“Your wish is my command.” The boy held Semi’s tiny hand leading her to the castle that waits.