[NEWS] 100% Minwoo's Interview

☆ Fully Charged 100% Facts ☆ ▬ 백퍼센트 ▬

[121010] (NEWS) 100% MinWoo. Why did he pick the job of an idol even though he was an actor in the first place?

In the new 7 member boy idol group 100% 's leader MinWoo's background of him being an actor to singer.

MinWoo was in a KBS drama "Sharp 3" in 2006. He was in a role of the main character's friend and with that he had shone in the entertainment world. After that drama, he was in a movie "Crazy For Waiting" in 2007. And in 2009, a movie called "Where Are You Going?". With filming this movie, his face got known by people. But he has been acting for 3 years and after that he chose to go the road of becoming a singer. And he signed up for becoming a singer. Why is that?

In the most recent interview, hankyung.com BNT News met up with MinWoo. He said "With acting, I got greedy and with the 5 pieces of my acting work, I lost motivation to continue with this." talking about his past.

MinWoo also said "Ever since I was young, I always danced and I dreamt of becoming a singer, but I wasn't chasing it vaguely. Since, I was thinking of becoming an actor at that time." Then he explained "After that, the opportunity to act, made me start to act."

Futher more, he even confessed, "It gradually cause greed, turned upside down when I work. Even when I got ready, I fell down. And when I was at the photo shoot for the movie/drama poster, that fell down too. I was even thinking to change my nickname to an idol that acts, (acting-dol). And I almost changed my casting part of the piece." He was in the acting company since he was 24 and he could have taken the chance of being an idol.

But, MinWoo was hesitant to accept the proposal. If he went from being an Idol and then back to being an actor, it would have been burdensome and harder. He said "I rejected a lot of times, but later on, I accepted the offer, I said that I didn't want to have the title of an actor and debut with that." MinWoo was worried about his family and he didn't want them to get involved with the media just because of him switching jobs.

The unusual thing about MinWoo, is that with him having the dream of becoming an actor since his childhood, he graduated from an applied biology school.

Explaining this, MinWoo said "I had no interest in studies. But from my parents, if I wanted what I wanted to do, they told me that I should go to at least KyunBook University. And when I went to that school, without being worried, I just picked the subject that best matched my personality." Eventually, with MinWoo being a trainee hardly. And with honorable skills, that took him 3 years, he could debut.

At the end of September, with the first digital single of 100% 's "Bad Boy" , they can brilliantly debut and with the nickname of 'CD-like Idol' , and 'Fantastic Sharp Choreography'. With that they are getting a lot of interest from the media.

(via: BTN News)
(English Translated By:
)