비밀연애 #8

Secret Lover 비밀연애 [ STORY #3 ]

PART VIII


Jiyong groaned as he picked up the phone on the small table next to his bed. Jooyeon is still sleeping next to him. She kept crying last night, so he finally took her to his room so his frends won't be bothered. But eventually, after hours of crying, Jooyeon fell asleep on his bed and he doesn't have the heart to move her back to her room to sleep alone after what happened.
 
"yes?" He whispered, not wanting to wake up Jooyeon.
 
"Jiyong hyung, it's me Byunghee." 
 
"What do you want?" He sharply asked.
 
"I need to talk to you about Jooyeon. Can we meet somewhere? Please." Byunghee begged.
 
Jiyong sighed and glanced at his sleeping sister.
 
"Meet me at the Coffee Shop near the park in an hour." He said and end the call.
 
Jiyong hurriedly washed up and changed into a white t-shirt, a leather jacket, black skinny jeans and some sneakers before he heads out.
 
"Where are you going?" Minhyuk looked at him as he closed the fridge.
 
"I'm going to see Byunghee. Tell Jooyeon i'm buying coffee so she doesn't have to wait for me to eat." He said and closed the front door.
 
****
 
He tapped his finger as he watched Byunghee entered the coffee shop with a nervous expression.
 
"Hyung." He said, sitting across him.
 
"What do you want to say?" he asked.
 
Jiyong gawked when Byunghee stands up and kneeled in front of him.
 
"I'm sorry hyung. I really am. I've disappointed you, my friends... I've disappointed Jooyeon. My pride gets in the way and i hurt her. I'm really sorry hyung, let me have one more chance to be with her." He lowered his head.
 
Thankfully, no one was there so there's not a lot of audience aside from the barista.
 
"stand up." he told Byunghee.
 
He can see the sincerity in his eyes and he let out a sigh.
 
"tell me. Just tell me everything."
 
"i'm miserable hyung. I need her. People said we never know how precious something is until it's gone. Well it's true. I cried for days, weeks... and i can't stayed at home because every corner of my house reminds me of Jooyeon. I love her so much. and i just need one more chance to treat her right. It's okay if you hate me, but i need your blessing for me to let me treat her like how a wife should be treated." He said.
 
Byunghee bit his lips when Jiyong stared at him. But a moment later, a soft smile appeared on his lips.
 
"I know. I can see you regretted it from the loook in your eyes. and you didn't even hit me yesterday." Jiyong said and stared outside the window, sipping his coffee.
 
"She's still thinking we'll be leaving to U.S but if you can come to our apartment and talk to her, i think she'll like that. No, I kNOW She'll like that. She still loves you. She's just too afraid that you might hurt her again." He said.
 
"I promise, i swear i won't hurt her anymore." Byunghee said.
 
Jiyong chuckled and patted his shoulder.
 
"Well, i guess see you later. I hope you keep your promise cause the next time she came to me crying, i will never hesitate to kill you." He said.
 
Byunghee smiled gratefully and nod.
 
"Thank you." He whispered, wiping off the tears that fell down his cheeks.
 
*****
 
That afternoon, Jooyeon woke up with a weird feeling. A positively weird feeling and she wondered what would happen today. Jiyong seemed to be in a good mood, he even said he'll cancel the flight to U.S, much to her surprise considering how mad he was yesterday.
 
Minhyuk kept grinning like an idiot at her and exchange secret looks with Jiyong, which annoyed her. Seungri...he's being his overly-excited self, which confuse her.
 
"Hey, i bought you this." Jiyong put a huge shopping bag on the table.
 
"What is this? Where are we going?" She asked, taking out a piece of dress.
 
"try it on now. With the shoes and the necklace too!"He grinned and pushed her inside her room.
 
She let her hair loose and wear the black mini dress and the silver high heels that matched her silver necklace and earrings.
 
"What is this fo-- Byunghee oppa..." She stopped in the middle of the sentence when she saw Byunghee standing in the living room with her favorite flowers in his hand.
 
He nervously gave her the flower and clears his throat.
 
"You look beautiful, as always." He smiled.
 
Heat creeped up her cheeks when she saw his smile, the smile she has missed.
 
"Um, i want to talk to you,... is it okay if i take you out for dinner?" He stuttered.
 
She smiled at his nervousness and glanced at jiyong.
 
"Go. It'll be okay. Good luck." He said and pushed them outside.
 
They both chuckled at jiyong's childishness and caught each other's eyes.
 
"You do look beautiful, Jooyeon." He softly said.
 
"Thank you oppa."
 
"Let's go?" he offered his hand, which she took before they exited the building.

2012.10.21 sunday

by Seoulchae