Seungri Had a Little Zebra

Had a Little Zebra

Seungri’s loneliness was getting the better of him. He was now the proud owner of a veritable menagerie of stuffed animal. He didn’t want to be as proud or excited about them as he was, but he couldn’t help it. Like a small child in need of comfort; Seungri needed them to feel less alone while in his single apartment in Japan.

His most recent acquisition, a large zebra, had been a struggle to get to Japan, and TOP had called him almost immediately upon his arrival at his apartment in Japan to laugh at him. Seungri had endured it mostly because he was tired and he rarely got to talk to his hyung anymore because of filming schedules and the like.

When the zebra actually arrived in Japan, there was a note attached to it that said:


 

Seungri had a little zebra,

Whose fleece was black and white

Everywhere that Seungri went

the zebra was sure to go.


He was confused at first, but shrugged it off as he recognized the handwriting as Taeyang’s. He decided to just ignore it as being something that Taeyang found amusing, and continued on with his day.

After updating his ‘diary’ the next day, a picture of himself with his zebra and a short explanation of his day, he notices an e-mail from GD. He opens it, and inside are four lines and a picture of Daesung, Taeyang, and GD laughing and pointing.


It followed him to work one day,

which was against the rules.

It made the whole world laugh and point,

to see a zebra there.


Seungri just stares at the four lines and the picture, trying to understand what was going on. He was only a little offended that his friends were seemingly making fun of him about his animals. Seungri decides not to reply to the e-mail, believing that ignoring it and going to sleep would be a much better use of his time.

The next morning he wakes up to an e-mail from Daesung. At the top was a picture, most likely fan-taken, of his back at the airport. He was standing at baggage check and his zebra was next to him. The caption on the photo said something about how he couldn’t take the zebra with him. Below the picture was four lines:


 

And so the airline turned it out,

but still it lingered near

and waited patiently about

for Seungri to be near.


Seungri’s lip twitches up of its own accord. He didn’t want to find it funny; he wanted to be annoyed and offended, but their persistence, creativity, and attention were starting to get the better of him. He replied to Daesung with a short: Aren’t you so funny, hyung. and then continued on with his day.

At dinner he noticed a new e-mail from TOP, and groaned inwardly, trying to prepare himself before checking.


“Why does Seungri love the zebra so?”

the eager world does cry.

“Why, he misses his hyungs, you know!”

I did reply.


Seungri allows his mouth to twitch up into a grin. He couldn’t be mad at them. He writes a quick e-mail back: ‘Yah! I miss you so you should buy me presents and be good to me!’ He looks back over the rest of the lines that they had sent him. He grins to himself again and continues eating dinner.