Let This Go

[closed] lolforlove`s Oneshot Collection

Title: Let This Go
Characters: Kevin && Kibum (U-Kiss)
Ending: Sad


Woo Sunghyun, or Kevin, and Kim Kibum are half brothers, who were abandoned by their parents at a very young age. The two raised themselves, by themselves. Kevin was two years younger than Kibum, who was 20.
They lived in a middle-class apartment in the heart of Seoul. Kibum was currently working as an intern for a low-budget magazine while Kevin was studying the arts.
"Kibum hyung.." mumbled Kevin. "Wake up." He shook his older brother out of his sleep. The room was dark, the only light source being the gloomy sunlight seeping through the curtain cracks.
"Mm." Kibum groaned. 
"YAH! YAH!" yelled Kevin. 
Kibum sat up and walked over to the bathroom while Kevin got breakfast ready.

----


"So, I heard there`s a new girl moving in next  door."Kevin said while chewing his food.
"Mmmmmm." Kibum said.
"Do you wanna visit them sometime, give them a welcoming tour?" Kevin asked, smiling brightly.
"Sure, why not." Kibum was obviously irritated at his brother for waking him at the ungodly hour. The two were quiet for a while, until Kevin stood up and brought his plate to the sink. The clanking sound of the porcelain against the steel echoed across the almost-empty room.
"I`ll be visiting alone." Kevin walked out the door into the building corridor. 
Kibum sighed. He knew his brother would understand sooner or later. It was a hard life. Kibum knew their parents were constantly sending letters, but he ignored it all. *They made their choice when they left us at the orphanage* thought Kibum.

----

Kevin waited outside aparment 312. *He`s like this every morning...* He knocked on the wooden door and stepped back.
He heard the sounds of locks clicking, then the door opened. A beautiful girl with auburn curls and gray eyes stood before him. Her hair looked messy, and she wasn`t exactly bright on this day. But despite all those things, Kevin thought she was the prettiest girl he ever laid eyes on.
"Hi, good morning!" she yawned. She gave a slight bow. "I`m Jung Jisoo."
"I`m Woo Kevin." he bowed before her.
"So, um, Kevin-ssi, what brings you here?"  
"Well I just wanted to welcome you to the building. It`s not everyday we get a new neighbor." he explained.
"Oh, well. Thanks for the welcome. I`ll see you around, okay?" she smiled.
"Of course. he said. Goodbye~" Kevin turned around as she closed the door.
Kevin walked to back to his own apartment, opening the door. Kibum stood in front of him, all ready for work.
"Kevin." Kibum said. "I just want to apol--- "
"Yeah, hyung. No need." Kevin waved him off like it was no big deal. And it wasn`t one, really. Kibum would be like a robot every morning, and Kevin would complain, but they`d get over it in two seconds. That`s how brothers are when they`re all each other got.
"Go get to work!" he yelled at Kibum.
"Right." Kibum walked past him. "I`ll be home at seven, okay?"
"Sure." Kevin nodded.

-----

Kibum, exhausted from running from office cubicle to office cubicle all day, walked onto the elevator. The doors started to close.
"Can you hold the doors, please?" A voice said.
Kibum stopped the elevator doors smoothly as the girl went in. She was dazzling, and her hair was bunched up in a cute ponytail.
"3."she stated the floor she lived on, not looking up from her phone.
"Same as me."he laughed.
Her gray eyes shifted  to him. "Hi, I`m Jung Jisoo. "
"Hi, I`m Kim Kibum." Kibum bowed slightly.
"Oh." There was a moment of silence. 
"Well, thanks by the way." she gestured to the doors.
"Oh, no problem at all." he said quickly.
The doors opened, and she skipped off. Kibum stayed inside the metal prism, thinking. Jisoo turned around. 
"Aren`t you coming?" she laughed.
"Huh?" Oh, yeah. he stepped out into the hallway. 
The two walked to their doors.
"I`ll see you around." he said as he opened the door to 311, while she opened 312. 
"Yeah." she smiled. The two walked into their own apartments, thinking about each other.
Kibum entered the room to the smell of kimchi fried rice.
"Wow, Kevin." he praised his brother, who was in the kitchen, setting the tables.
"Thank you, thank you." Kevin dramatically said. The two started laughing.
"So, I met this girl." Kibum said, sitting down on the wooden dining chair.
"Really?" Kevin asked, sitting down across him. "Who?"
"Well, her name is Jung Jisoo." Kibum said.
"Wait, that`s our new neighbor!" Kevin tried to sound excited to hear his brother is into someone. How could he tell? He was smiling like an idiot from the moment he walked in.
"Cool." Kibum said, chomping down the food.
"Yeah..." Kevin`s appetite had disappeared. 
"I think I`m gonna ask her out." 
Kevin almost choked on his food. "Wha---ow!" he changed his words. He wanted his brother to be happy, didn`t he? "Straight to asking her out~" he forced a smile.
Kibum laughed. "Yeah, I guess." He started eating happily while Kevin thought deeply.

-The Next Morning-

Jisoo walked out her door to see Kibum. "Um, ann...yeong? (informal  hello)." she said.
"Hi." Kibum smiled. "Er, I know this is sudden, but since you`re new, do you want to hang out a bit? Later, maybe?"
"Sure, why not?" she blushed slightly. *Yes!* she thought.
"Great~ So I`ll see you!" he said brightly. The two chatted all the way to the elevators, not stopping until the building`s exit.

---Later that night---

Kevin`s eyes scanned his schoolbook, even if he was far from learning anything. Kibum and Jisoo came in. 
"Jisoo-noona!" exclaimed Kevin happily. "Hi~"
"Hi, Kevin~" Jisoo giggled. 
"Welcome to the place~" Kibum said, following Jisoo into the room. "We`ve lived here all our lives. We can`t bear to leave, you know..."
Jisoo nodded in understanding.
"Kevin-ah,we just came to tell you we`re eating out~"
"Mmkay~" Kevin masked his disappointment of not being able to spend time with Jisoo.
"So we`ll see you later !" Kibum said.
"Yeah. Sure." 

---

The two sat in a Japanese restaurant, happily sharing stories. 
Kibum laughed. "So, what do you want?" he asked, handing a menu to Jisoo.
"I ll get the..." she scanned the menu. "California Maki please." she smiled.
"So you ve been to California?" he asked.
"Actually, I grew up there... "
"Why`d you move back here?"
"…"
"Tell me. It s okay."
"Well, I mean, there I was, the daughter of the ambassador of South Korea to the US, and I realized... it s not fair for me to be treated like a queen. So I moved back to Seoul, got a simple apartment and I m living life." She chuckled a bit.
The rest of the date was filled with happy chatter, and they couldn`t stop talking. 
Not that they wanted to.

---

Kevin lay in his bed, thinking of Jisoo. He then felt a sudden urge to strangle his hyung. 
*What are you thinking, idiot?* he scolded himself.
He heard the door open. Kibum was home.
"Kibum hyung..." he said.
"OMONA." Kibum put his hand over his chest. "You scared me. What is it?"
"Well... are you... never mind... "
"What is it?" Kibum repeated, concerned.
Kevin just pretended he was already asleep. It was all he could do to keep his brother from getting hurt. He heard Kibum walked back out to his own room and Kevin tried to sleep.  

--

Kibum and Jisoo had constantly been going out, while Kevin started acting like a robot.
Kibum was always asking him how he felt, if he thought he was ill or something.
Kevin ignored him. All the time.
Kibum missed his brother, the old Kevin. The funny, playful one. What had happened?
Kevin felt the urge to apologize, but decided against it.
Then one morning, Kibum left without saying goodbye. 

---

Kevin and Jisoo ate dinner together since Kibum hadn t gotten home yet.
It was the first time that Kevin was genuinely happy.
There was a knock on the door. Something told Kevin that there wasn t any good news out there. He stood up and cautiously opened the door. A policeman stood before him. 
"Does a Kevin Woo live here? The brother of a Kim Kibum?" the man asked.
"Er, yes." Kevin said nervously.
The officer pulled out an old anklet that Kibum always wore. "I`m so sorry."
"... Who..." 
"We caught the suspect and he`s being questioned right now." 
"HOW?! "
"Drive-by shooting... Your brother was a brave man. He saved a life. "
"Kevin?" Jisoo stood up fon the kitchen and walked over to Kevin. "What`s going on?"
Kevin looked at the policeman. The regal officer nodded. "I`ll let you talk things through." The man left.
"What was that about?" She asked.
"You should sit down," he said, his voice slightly cracking.
Jisoo did what she was told. "What`s wrong?"
"Kibum is..." 
"Is...?"
"... g-g-g-gone." His voice cracked again.
hung in shock. She started gasping, and he could see tears forming in her eyes. She then buried her face in
Kevin`s chest. Kevin held her close and quietly released a tear or two.
He regretted everything he did to cause his brother that pain. *Mian... I love you hyung.* he thought.

---

Jisoo had stayed at Kibum`s, well just Kevin s now, ever since she heard about what happened. She rarely moved or spoke. Kevin took care of her, all that. He didn t mind one bit. 
He got breakfast ready, and was about to enter the room, when he heard grunting and sounds of pain. Then a scream. He burst into the room. 
The sight he saw horrified him. There lay Jisoo, sitting in the corner of the room, blood around her. Her wrists were slit, and she was unconsious. Her hair was wet with fresh blood and stuck to her face. 
"JISOO!" he yelled. He picked up the girl in his arms. "I`m not gonna lose you. Not after I lost Kibum hyung. NO."

---

Kevin looked at the hospital bed. 
"Nghh". Jisoo groaned. She fidgeted a bit, then slowly opened her eyes. Kevin.  She smiled slightly, then reached for Kevin`s hand.
Kevin stood up and walked away. 
"Kevin, wait! "Jisoo mustered up the only strength she had left to raise her arm up.
Kevin froze and turned around. 
"I didn`t do anything. Why are you mad?" she asked.
"Didn t do anything?" Kevin scoffed. "You tried to kill yourself, Jisoo!"
"You don t understand !" 
"No, Jisoo, you don t understand !" Kevin shouted. "Trying to kill yourself? You ve sunk lower than any sewer rat!"
Jisoo s lips quivered as Kevin continued.
"Why would you when you re the only one left that matters in my life! I love you!"
"But I love Kibum."
"You know what? I think Kibum might have loved you back, but after this little stunt, he`s probably ashamed to have loved you now." Kevin walked out the room, leaving Jisoo in tears.

---

Jisoo was finally released from the hospital, and Kevin was quiet and rigid the whole car ride. 
"So Kevin, to celebrate my release--" 
"What`s so good about you being released?" he asked coldly.
Jisoo fell quiet. 

---

For the next week, Jisoo stayed in her room. Hands shaking, she took out a piece of paper and started writing a note. She folded it in half, and walked to the bathroom. *Mianeh.*
---

Kevin slowly walked into Jisoo`s room, which was Kibum`s old room. She wasn`t on her bed. A note was.
It read,


Kevin,
I love you too. But I still love him. As much as I hate to hurt you, this is something I have to do. You were right. I am ashaming him. But if I have to shame him to be with him, that s what I`ll do. I m sorry. 

Kevin gasped and ran to the bathroom.
Sitting in the shower stall was Jisoo, whose wrists were slit AGAIN, and  her blood spilled all over the floor. Her wet clothes were stained with blood, too.
Kevin didn`t bother taking her to the hospital. He pondered for a moment, thinking if he should save the girl he loved, when she clearly loved someone else. Someone who was dead. She loved him, and she needed to be with him. Jisoo was slowly growing paler and paler, then she was gone. Kevin called an ambulance, and as the medics took her body and brought it to the hospital, Kevin stayed where he was. He realized that he just did the hardest thing he ever thought he`d have to do.
He let the love of his life go.