Chapter 22

Bodyguard

 

When Taemin woke up, he felt a slight pain in his lower back but it was a good pain. It was a reminder of what happened with Minho last night. He slowly got out of bed and went to take a shower, when he looked in the mirror; he saw the marks that Minho left, he quickly took a shower and went downstairs to make breakfast. It was still early in the morning but they had school so Taemin went upstairs and tried to wake Minho up, only to see him already wearing his uniform.

“Good morning, Minho” Taemin said as he wrapped his arms around Minho’s waist. Minho ruffled his hair and kissed it, smiled as he heard Taemin giggling.

“I made some breakfast downstairs, you can eat first while I change” Minho watched as Taemin limped towards the closet to grab his clothes, he went to the washroom and grabbed a bottle.

“Minnie, if it hurts too much, take this. It’s painkillers so you won’t hurt too much” Taemin nodded and grabbed the bottle, heading towards the washroom to change. Minho went downstairs and started to eat his food, by the time he was halfway done, Taemin came down the stairs with an uncomfortable expression since every step gave him a slight pain in the back. He quickly took the painkiller and hoped that it would relieve the pain. Minho grabbed Taemin and dragged him towards his lap, feeding him his breakfast and loving look at Taemin’s expression. It was a pretty simple morning and that was what Taemin and Minho wanted, if they could, they would want to do this every day.

When they arrived at school, people were much kinder and gentler towards Taemin. They knew that it was Minho’s former friends that caused all the trouble, Key had also threatened anyone that would hurt his baby would regret it badly. Some people were genuinely friendly with Taemin while some were just out of fear, but Minho didn’t mind as long as Taemin didn’t get hurt in any way. Throughout the whole day, Minho was very careful of Taemin. Anyone that approached him would receive a glare from Minho and Key would stare threatening as he stood at by Taemin’s side. As usual, Taemin remained oblivious and was just happy that he was able to get many new friends. When it was finally time to go home, Taemin was already jumping around, forgetting about his pain since he had found out that he had made so many new friends. Minho saw the smile on Taemin’s face and the way it glowed as he bounced on the sidewalk was just beautiful.

“Minnie, if I told you that I want you to be with me forever, would you?” Taemin stopped bouncing and looked at Minho.

“Why the sudden question, Minho? Worried that I might leave you?” Taemin teased, he saw the expression on Minho’s face change and he got worried.

“What’s wrong, Minho? Don’t scare me, tell me what’s wrong” Taemin got closer and held Minho’s hands, entwining them with his.

“Yeah I am, Minnie. You are too perfect for me. I’m afraid that one day you’ll realize that and I’ll end up losing you. I almost lost you once at the pool; I don’t think I can go through that again. I wouldn’t be able to bear seeing you with another man, nor would I able to live without you” Taemin was stunned; he had never heard Minho say anything like that before.

“Minho, the person I love and would want to spend my life with would be you. You were my...first love” Taemin shyly said. Minho chuckled as he saw Taemin’s reddening face. He gently lifted Taemin’s chin and connected their lips. It was a beautiful sight and little did Minho and Taemin know, a crowd had gathered around them, watching their lovey dovey moment.

“All right, show’s over! Time for everyone to get their asses home!” a voice appeared in the middle of the crowd causing Minho and Taemin to break from the kiss, blushing as they had just noticed the audience. The crowd parted and Key and Jonghyun came walking forward,

“Umma, did everyone hear everything we said?” Taemin tried not to look around as he could feel eyes on him. He hid his face in Minho’s face and smiled when he felt arms wrapping tightly around his waist.

“How could you expect people not to? It was like a real life drama airing in front of their eyes! Even I was captivated by my son’s adorableness when I realized that I should be breaking this up instead of joining them” Key waved his hand gesturing at the crowd that was slowly disappearing, leaving them to their own privacy again.

“Minho, you’d better take care of Taemin, if anything happens to him, our friendship would mean nothing to me anymore. I won’t even stop Key from attacking” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key’s waist and Minho saw a scary smile appearing on Key’s face. He quickly nodded and promised that he would do nothing to make Taemin cry.

“Umma, appa! It’s been a while since we’ve went eaten together as a family. Why don’t we go out tonight?” Key and Jonghyun chose the place while Taemin and Minho chose the time and all four went home to change and prepare for dinner.

“Minnie, just out of curiosity, what would you do if I told you I wanted to break up?” Minho suddenly asked as they both were in their room doing their final touches before leaving the house. Taemin had an expression on his face as if he was deep in thoughts.

“Hmm...I never thought about it. I’ll probably lock myself in the room and cry my eyes out” Taemin giggled as he tried to imagine it.

 

Key and Jonghyun were getting ready to leave the house when they got a phonecall.

“Umma!! M-Minho, h-he, he” Taemin was sobbing and was hiccupping, barely able to form words.

“That bastard! Don’t worry baby! Umma and appa are on their way!” Key dragged the clueless Jonghyun out the door and into the car, speeding towards Minho’s house.