Chapter 7

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

“Kangjun-ah!” I called out.

I search everywhere, but I couldn’t find him. I walked into the walkthrough aquarium. It was huge. My jaw dropped as I looked around the building. It looked so pretty in here. Seeing dolphins, starfishes and different kinds of fish. I even found one that looked like Nemo from Finding Nemo. As I walked further into the building, I spotted a familiar figure.

“YAH! Kangjun-ah!” I yelled out.

He turned around and smiled, “Eo! Minjung-ah!”

“Why are you here by yourself? Something wrong?” I questioned.

He laughed, “No no, it’s just, this is my favorite part of the zoo.”

“Aaaah, Jinjja?” I asked again.

He nodded. I stood beside him and we both admired what was around us. There weren’t many people around. I noticed Kangjun staring.

“Yah! What are you looking at?” I asked. “Is there something on my face?”

He shook his head, “Ani. It’s nothing.”

He started walking off.

“Let’s go back to Jinae and TK.” he suggested.

I caught up to him and walked back to where Jinae and TK. To our surprise though, they weren’t there. I decided to call Jinae. After a few rings, she answered.

“Yah! Where are you?” I questioned.

“Food court. TK suddenly got hungry.” she commented.

“Arasseo. Wait for me and Kangjun.” I suggested.

“Eung.” she replied and hung up.

Kangjun and I headed to the food court. I wasn’t surprised to see Jinae eating also.

Kangjun laughed, “You’re eating again?” He asked Jinae.

Jinae just smiled.

“How can you eat so much but never gain weight?” I asked in amazement.

Again, Jinae just smiled as she kept eating. I just shook my head as I laughed. I glanced over at TK and noticed the same thing that happened at the mall. He watched her as if he was an angel watching over her. He must really like her. Jinae finished eating and we started wandering around the zoo again. We took a bunch of pictures and videos. Our smiles going from ear to ear; enjoying each others company. Time passed by so quickly, it was already almost 8pm.

“Hey, are you guys going home straight?” Kangjun asked.

“I don’t want to go home yet though.” I pouted.

“Same here.” Kangjun agreed.

“OMO! Jinae, can we come over to your house?” I smiled brightly.

She nodded eagerly and we headed out way to her house.

After half an hour or so, we reached her house. As we entered, Jeongmin ran up to me.

“MINJUNG NOONA!” he yelled.

I picked him up as he got closer to me.

“Jeongminnie! How are you?” I asked.

“I’m good Noona.” he smiled happily.

I carried him to the living room and put him on the couch.

“Where’s your Maru hyung?” I asked him.

“He’s in his room.” he pointed.

“Thank you.” I replied and pinched his cheeks.

I made up an excuse to go upstairs to see Maru.

“Jinae, can I get your guitar?” I asked.

She nodded, “Go ahead.”

I walked up and took the guitar. I passed by Maru’s room door. I hesitated. I wasn’t sure if I should knock on the door and say hi; or just leave him be. I walked up slowly positioning my fist against the door. I was about to knock when the doorknob started turning. I quickly ran towards the stairs when someone called for me.

“Minjung noona?” Maru questioned.

I turned around with an awkward smile, “Annyeong Maru-yah.”

“Since when did you get here?” he questioned.

“Just now.” I replied.

Suddenly we heard Jeongmin crying downstairs.

“Aiish, he’s crying again.” he said; irritated.

He went back into his room without another word. I went downstairs and found Jeongmin on the ground crying.

“Why is he crying?” I questioned.

“I told him to go to sleep then this happened.” Jinae replied.

I walked over to Jeongmin and tried comforting him.

“Jeongminnie!” I smiled.

He was still crying. I sat down on the ground; cross-legged. I made him sit on my lap.

“Uljima! Uljima!” I chanted.

I wiped away his tears and tried making him laugh with funny faces. It eventually worked.

“Waaaah, Minjung-ah, you could be a mother already.” Kangjun commented.

I laughed, ”Aigoooooo, we’re too young to think about that.”

“Minjung-ah, can you try making Jeongmin go to sleep?” Jinae questioned.

I nodded and carried Jeongmin to his room.

“Noona. I don’t want to sleep.” Jeongmin complained.

“You need sleep though.” I commented.

“I don’t want to.” he said again.

“Do you want chocolate?” I questioned.

He nodded eagerly.

“Okay, let’s make a deal. You go to sleep first and when you wake up, I’ll give you chocolate.” I smiled.

He stopped smiling but agreed anyways. He laid down as I tuck him to bed. I sung him to sleep until he finally fell asleep. I slowly got off the bed and out the door. I was trying my best not to wake him up. I quietly closed the door behind me and turned around. All I saw was Maru’s face inches away from mine. I almost yelled but I covered my mouth before I could.

I whispered, “Yah! Be quiet. Jeongmin’s sleeping and don’t scare me like that.”

Maru laughed quietly. He followed me to the living where Jinae, TK and Kangjun were talking. Kangjun was trying to play the guitar.

“Yah, Kangjun-ah. Do you know how to play?” I questioned.

He shook his head, “Teach me.” He smiled.

I pointed at myself, “Me? Wae?”

“Jinae told me you were really good.” Kangjun commented.

I laughed, “Arasseo.”

I sat beside Kangjun. I taught him a few chords, showing him where each finger should be. I tried to hide my laughter as he made a few mistakes. He kept forgetting which chord was what. Mixing the G chord with the C chord, etc.

“I give up!” Kangjun yells in frustration.

I hit him lightly telling him to be quiet since Jeongmin was sleeping.

“Sorry!” Kangjun whispered.

“Don’t give up, eo? Just keep practicing.” I smiled to Kangjun.

Kangjun smiled back, “Arraseo.”

Jinae and TK were sitting on the couch laughing about something I don’t even know. I was sitting on the floor as I leaned on the couch; my legs stretched out while Kangjun kept practicing some chords on the guitar. It was getting late so TK, Kangjun and I decided to go home. Kangjun and TK walked me home since it was dark out. I thanked them as I got home and waved them goodbye.

________________________________________________________________________

AN: SORRY! It took awhile for me to update ): im soo sorry! lol. i hope you keep reading tho. I'll probably update more often (: THANK YOU FOR READING, LOVELY READERS (":