Chapter 1

I Need You More Than You Think

Gayoon's POV

I finally arrive at school after a long walk... Aish. I wouldn't be coming to this stupid school if it weren't for Grandpa... He knows that I hate it here, but apparently the education is "amazing"... Well guess what? The person who I hate the most goes to this school! Still amazing, right?!

As I walk into the gates, I catch people staring and smirking at me. I got used to it - it's been happening to me for 3 months now. I've gotten tired of it, but I'm going to stick with it. If I were to stand up for myself, everyone would be ganging up on me, so I see no point. 

I walk to my locker and open it. Faaah. Seriously! I pull out the rotten fruits out of my locker and threw it into the closest bin. While I was doing that, I caught Lee Sungjong and Lee Sungyeol lock my locker. "Yah!" I yelled at them as they ran away. Urh, seriously! What have I done wrong this whole time?!

Tears start to form in my eyes as I decide to just walk around the school. I can't cry... I'm in this all alone, and I can't cry... People will see that I'm just a crybaby. I walk outside, and sit on the bench beside the fountain. Aigoo, this is where I met her. Kim Jae Yoon, the best person I had ever known.

She was like an angel of pure perfection - she was beautiful, kind and smart. Everything that a boy would want. Obviously, she had a boyfriend...Nam Woohyun. THAT BASTARD broke up with her one night, and she went through depression. that's right... I was there on the night my best friend died...

I remember every moment I spent with that girl, and I'm telling you. Not a second was wasted. I was a "loser" before she came to this school, and when she came, I actually started talking to more and more people! Now I realise they only spoke to me because she was my friend... 

Jae Yoon even helped me confess to the boy that I have always had a crush on - Kim Myungsoo. Now that I've seen the real Myungsoo, I have so much regrets.

"Gayoon Ah", says a voice behind me. I'm surprised someone actually speaks to me now. I turn around. "What do you want, Kim Myungsoo?" I answered. He sighed. "Yah, why did you change all of a sudden?" he asks taking hold of my right hand. "Let me go!" I yell at him pushing him away.

He wouldn't let go. "Gayoon Ah, tell me what's wrong... Why are you acting like this? Other than the fact that you lost your best friend, why do you act like this?" I sighed. Tears were forming into my eyes... It hurts to feel that he actually cares for me... 

"Answer me, Gayoon... I'm your boyfriend, right?" that's right, Jae Yoon helped me get together with this idiot. "Yah! Leave me alone! I don't need someone like you anymore! Just leave me alone!!" I shout at him. Myungsoo stands there shocked and puzzled. "Yah... Heo Gayoon, the smart, pretty girl I used to date...changed?" he asks.

"For what reason?..." I do not reply to his question. "It doesn't matter. I'll still love you." he says. Suddenly, tears ran down my face, and I run to the girls' bathroom. Aigoo, what happened to the strong and brave Heo Gayoon I knew 3 months ago? Eotokke. I really am useless and broken...

 

 

Author's POV

Gayoon sighs as she looks into the mirror. 'I wish that Jae Yoon was here to cheer me up...' she thinks, as she remembers her birthday 5 months ago.

;Flashback;

Gayoon was really tired on her birthday, especially after walking to school from such a long distance. As she walks into the gates, people greet her "Happy Birthday~" and some even give her gifts. She thanks them one by one, and then suddenly receives a text message from Jae Yoon: "Yo'! Happy Birthday, Unnie! Meet me by the fountain NOW~! Palli!" 

Gayoon smiles as she follows her best friend's instructions. When she makes her way out, she sees Jae Yoon, her best friend, holding balloons in both hands, smiling, and Myungsoo, her boyfriend, holding a guitar, smiling.

"Heo Gayoon, this is for you~!" she shouts, and shebegins to sing "Genie" by SNSD while Myungsoo plays it on the guitar. Gayoon smiles and watches the two closest people to her do something for her on her birthday. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEO GAYOON~!" they both shout.

---------

Later on, Gayoon opens her locker and finds a HUUUGEE teddy bear for her from Jae Yoon.

;End of Flashback;

 

 

'All that I find in my locker are rotten fruits now...' she thinks, then walks out of the bathroom. 'I hate this life. I wish I could just die!'

---

End of Chapter 1. how was it?! ^ ^