Just a moment

Parking lot party

 

The streetlight flickered through the windows.

The air felt suffocating as the humidity clutched around their lungs making it hard to breathe on this way too heated summer evening.

Himchan sighed warm puffs of air dancing their way through his lips.

The cotton of his shirt clung to his body all sticky and damp.

"Do you want to drive somewhere ?"  the husky voice of his leader and best friend traveled to his ear.

Himchan smirked a little.

"No here is fine." he said pressing his head onto the headrest of the passenger seat.

 

Yongguk nodded his eyes starring off into the distance to some random spot in the darkness that surrounded them.

It was nice sitting with Himchan like this. Doing nothing at all and only enjoying each others presence.

It was long since they had had some time to themselves and it was precious to both of them.

 

Yongguk heard some rustling and turned his head a little seeing Himchan going through his backpack.

He smiled when he saw the other drawing a can of beer from it.

"Want a drink?" Himchan smiled at him waving the beer in his hand.
The leader chuckled.

"Sure." he said watching his friend opening the can white foam bubbling out and over the others hand as soon as the vacum was released from the metallic container.

He threw the door open holding the beer dripping object out of the car.
The liquid spilled onto the asphalt, leaving sticky puddles behind and he took a huge slug before offering it over.
Yongguks hand gestured towards the door, pointing at a pack of tissues that was stuffed into the doors side.

The black haired boy handed one to him and he wrapped it around the can, not really fond of the idea of holding the beer drenched object in his already sweaty hands.

 

The liquid was warm and flat as it ran down his throat not quite as refreshing as the cans print had promised.

 

Instead of using one of tissue the slightly younger boy ran his tongue over his now sticky fingers, off the mess he'd made while his friend eyed him.
"Gross!" the leader said his nose winkled in disgust and Himchan laughed.

 

"So what are we doing now?" the black haired boy asked and Yongguk shrug his shoulders, placing the can in one of the beverage holders.


He plugged in his I-pod to the stereo, going through the songs until he found one with a deep bass and relaxing beat.
He turned the volume up, adjusted the bass and leant back in his seat while Himchan wiggled on his seat more or less moving to the music as well as possible while sitting.
Yongguk smiled.

"Wanna party?" he asked and Himchan shook his head taking an ice scraper from beyond the seat to use as a microphone as he lip synced to the lyrics.

Yongguk rapped along the lines, his English coming out rather amusing, having Himchan shaken with laughter.

 

"Do you have food here?" Himchan said when the song switched and Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows looking around the car, then pointed to the backseat.
"There should be some of Daehyuns cookies left."
Himchan looked at the spot his friend pointed to, stretching his arm to reach for the pack of cookies but not quiet able to get a hold of it.
He got off the seat, crawling through the area between the seats, his in the air he kept wiggling it to the music and Yongguk watched him with a slightly displeased expression on his face.
"Could you please take your out off my face?" he asked, pressing himself against the door.
Himchan laughed.
"But my is hot hyung, appreciate the sight!" he said as he finally got a hold off the cookies and dropped back on the seat.

Yongguk rolled his eyes, waving his hand in front of his face in hope to cool down his burning skin a little.

"See it makes you hot!" Himchan laughed and Yongguks hand met the younger ones head.
"It's ing over 95° F!" Yongguk whined and grabbed one of the CD covers to fan himself.

The black haired boy took a cookie from the pack and started on the crispy object.
Yongguk eyed him.
"You eat like a little kid." He said holding his hand out for the other to hand him a cookie as well.
Himchan held out the pack and streched in his seat, the cookie still between his lips.
"Can't you turn on the AC?" he asked pulling off the sticky cotton from his chest.
Yongguk shook his head as he bit into the cookie.
"Not if you want to get home later. I don't think the battery would appreciate it." he answered, swallowing half the cookie already while Himchan kept soaking his cookie with his salvia.

"Wanna call up the others?" Himchan asked and finally took a real bit of his cookie.
"And how are they supposed to get here when we took the car?" Yongguk replied, eyes focused on his I-pod as he scanned the songs.
"Ah right." Himchan pressed himself into the seat again, adjusting it into a lying position.

"Are you gonna sleep now?" Yongguk asked, placing the gadget back between their seats, deep hip hop beats blasting from the speakers now.
Himchan shook his head, one of his legs hanging out of the car as he lay on the seat more or less comfortable with his eyes closed.

"You're supposed to entertain me here." Yongguk complained, putting his seat into a similar position as Himchans, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Entertain yourself I'm beat." the black haired boy retoured and wiped the sweat off his forehead as if to underline his point.
Both of them sighed in unison and Yongguk chuckled on the fact.

 

Somehow the moment was perfection.
Even doing nothing, suffering from heat and humidity with Himchan by his side he was happy just like that.

He got startled as his mobile started to vibrate intruding his peace of mind.
Himchan turned down the music as Yongguk slid his phone open holding it up to his ear.

"Hyung~" the whining voice of the maknae drew from the speaker.
Yongguks lips drew a smile and Himchan rolled his eyes.
"You promised to buy ice cream! Where are you? I'm dying here!" Yongguk smiled as his eyes wandered to the spot next to Himchans feet where ice cream wrapping pilled up.
Himchan grinned.
"Sorry We'll be right back with tones of ice cream ok?" The leader said, his voice soft as he spoke to the youngest member.

"Hurry hyung!" Zelo whined again and Yongguk answered with a short -Ok- before hanging up.

 

"I guess we'll be going now." He said looking at Himchan who had a little judging expression displaying on his handsome features.

"You really need to stop giving in to him so easily."
Yongguk chuckled.
"We're two hours late and you eat his ice cream so I guess it's ok to give in at this point."
Himchan shook his head, not quite happy about ending their alone time yet.
"Whatever. Let's go then." He mumbled, pouting just lightly.
Yongguk started the car and looked at his friend.

"Oh come on Channie~ don't be jealous!" he sing sang.

 

"Just drive and shut up." Himchan replied, sticking his tongue out before both of them laughed.