Anything Could Happen

Rose in the Battlefield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Then like in all the sad and cliché K-drama, it started to rain as Boah and Jaejoong leave the melancholy graveyard. Instead of being greeted damped hair and skin-clutching clothes, a heavy shade of black umbrella was looming over their head. Jaejoong looked up to find a very fresh-face man, who had stylish black suit and a pair of aviator over his eyes. His hair was styled in a spunky spike. In one hand he held out the umbrella and the other hand was casually tucked inside his trouser’s pocket. Behind him were two men, equally dressed in serious suits.

“Boah,” The man stepped in between them.

“Park Yoochun, what are you doing here?” Boah glared at the other man.

“Escorting you back, of course.” Yoochun’s voice was confidence.

“I’m capable of going back on my own thank you very much.” Boah tiredly said. Her eyes were red from the crying. No words could describe her physique that had been drained by the emotional turmoil Jaejoong witnessed at Yonghwa’s grave.

“I don’t think you can drive.” Yoochun led her back to her car.

Jaejoong has an urge to inch towards Boah. He didn’t want to experience whatever wrath that Yunho had. Although the runaway was his own doing, but thinking about facing a grown man in bad mood is already bad enough; he didn’t want to face a mafia boss in a bad mood. At that same moment, Jaejoong wanted to curse Boah for her ability to escape any fury from Yunho. He, in turn, had become the sacrificial lamb.

“Sir, please follow us,” the two men directed him toward a car that park not far away from the entrance of the graveyard.

The formal language made Jaejoong’s stomach stirred. He found it hard to swallow anything─ even his own saliva. Perhaps, it was the aura that was emitting from the parked car. Jaejoong was dreading for what Yunho had in store for him. Anything could happen; when your life in another person’s hand.

The smell of the rain was soothing his nerve, but the cold air was battering his face. His breaths were ragged and short with little puffs of smokes floating from his delicate mouth. The goosebumps on his arms were rubbing against the flimsy material of his sweater.

The guard opened the door and the warm air was inviting him in. It tempted Jaejoong to enter the car, but the presence that seated in the far end was what caught him. Yunho’s eyes were gazing out the windows; watching the raindrops sliding down the surface. It was a beautiful picturesque scene, but when Yunho’s gaze turned to him, Jaejoong felt like his million and one worries had come back to haunt him. The air began to smell dangerous as if crocodiles were snapping at Jaejoong’s heels while he balanced himself on a tightrope without the harness.

Without any protest, Jaejoong placed himself beside Yunho. The car began to roll; defening the shatter sound of the rain outside. The warm air didn’t balance out Jaejoong’s temperature. His body involuntarily shiver out of coldness. He tried to lessen the action as he rigidly sat still. Suddenly, a soft layer of wool was wrapped around his thin shoulder like a heavy shield would protect him from anything. The scent from the wool coat was pungent and rich of expensive cologne. It was addicting and Jaejoong couldn’t help but inhaling the scent. He turned around to find a pair of almond eyes looking at him and they were getting closer as Yunho moved himself toward Jaejoong’s personal space. Jaejoong could taste the dominance on his lips. He was so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter