Owing You - Final

Owing You

 

Taemin was at home lying on his bed, super bored, not knowing what do to pass the time when his cellphone suddenly rang. He took it and noticed the guy he liked had texted him.

From: Prince Choi Minho <3

“Hey gorgeous, what are you up to :)?”

Taemin blushed. That was normal any time he’d receive a text from the brunet. Minho, besides being a great and close friend, was someone with a golden heart, always concerned about everyone and their whereabouts. People used to call him The Shepherd saying he took good care of his flock, comparing his constant concern about others with the dedicated care sheep flocks were taken care of.

Taemin was the most honest possible in his reply:

“Nothing! I’m bored to death!”

He got his reply seconds later:

“I think I may have the cure for your boredom :)”

“Oh yeah?”

Taemin tried not to show all of his enthusiasm.

“Dinner. Tonight. My place. How does that sound? :b”

Taemin’s will was to reply “oh, god, please, yes!!”, but he refrained from doing so in his answer.

“Sure, sounds great! I’ll be there at 7 p.m.”

The blonde was in such good spirits that he jumped out of the bed and even fell, but he didn’t even feel the pain. Until he looked at his alarm clock and realized it was already 6:30 p.m..

He ran like crazy around his room, changing clothes 1001 times, until he decided for some jean shorts with nankeen suspenders, a white printed t-shirt, black and white low sneakers, his new ear piercing, leather bracelets and a shark tooth necklace. Chic, but casual. He also took some time to apply a little bit of black eyeliner, like his diva best friend Key had taught him to, even tough he rarely did such a blatant thing (not that he thought Minho would notice something like that).

He walked towards his place and mid-way a car’s horn honked out of the blue, startling the blonde, making him sprain his foot when he was going to round a corner. After the small accident and with an injured foot he reached Minho’s house with only a 5 minute delay. He rang the bell.

“Hey, has something happened?” Minho asked as soon as he opened the door. “You’re usually earlier than the time you say you’ll arrive!”

“No, no, I just got distracted with time!” he replied, ruffling his blonde hair. He had decided not to tell the brunet about his hurt foot, because he knew how worried he would be.

“Come on in” Minho invited.

Before Taemin could take another step, Minho stopped him with a hand on his shoulders and closed the distance between their faces.

“Is that… makeup?”

Taemin nodded meekly, a tinge of pink covering his cheeks.

“It suits you like a glove” Minho complimented, twitching his lips in a big smile.

The blonde Lee couldn’t help but blush even more. After all, Minho had noticed the smallest of details. It was truly because of that way of being that Taemin had fell in love with Minho in the first place. He knew the Choi boy didn’t nurture any special feelings for anyone, but he was so insecure he didn’t even hope Minho could come to like him as something more than a friend. If only he knew how wrong he was…

They finally got themselves inside and the dinner Minho was preparing was already advanced. They were then in the kitchen, talking about anything and everything, and Minho would slowly inch closer to Taemin, until they were settled side by side, leaning on the counter in front of the stove. At a certain point in time, they fell silent and simply looked intensely at each other in the eye until, without prior notice, Minho started unhurriedly bending forward towards Taemin’s face, never breaking the visual contact and with a wonderful smile on his face.

The blonde’s mind was racing like crazy, but he couldn’t stop looking into the brunet’s captivating eyes that got closer with time.

Suddenly, some oil jumped out of the frying pan directly to Minho’s slender hand, who yelled from pain. Taemin reacted promptly, shoving Minho to the sink and pushing his hand directly into the cold water, the previous situation completely forgotten.

An ice pack later and they were having a pleasant time dinning. When they got up from the table, Taemin felt his sneaker clutching his foot. God damned him, his foot had swollen up! He made his utmost effort to disguise his discomfort while they washed the dishes, but each time he rested his foot on the floor it was a trial not to wince with pain. It was already pretty late when they finished the task and Taemin got so wet Minho had to lend him one of his hoodies (Taemin’s favorite, the forest green one, not that he expected Minho to remember him saying that once) and offered to walk him home.

More than once Taemin politely refused the offer, for he knew he wouldn’t be able to undergo a whole stroll with an injured foot. If we were to go home alone, he could hobble all he wanted, but not with Choi Minho beside him who was oblivious to his accident. In the end, the blonde wasn’t able to refuse, because Minho was already pushing him outside the door.

It was exactly 15 minutes from one house to the other. The first 5 minutes Taemin was able to endure, but after that time he started to succumb to the grip his shoe was submitting his foot to, limping once in every while. Minho was obviously not dumb and, at a certain part in the way he stopped and stood still looking at Taemin, who continued walking forward with some difficulty.

“When were you thinking on telling me that your foot is hurting?”

Taemin was caught in the act, but he wouldn’t act all weak and guilty in front of Minho.

“But my foot isn’t hurting…” he said slowly, turning back to face the brunet.

“Yeah, right, and that’s precisely why you're hobbling” he retorted coldly.

His tone of voice hurt Taemin and he felt ashamed for lying to the guy he liked, opting for avoiding his harsh look and rather focus on some random pattern on the floor that suddenly seemed tremendously interesting.

Sighing, he leisurely walked towards the tall blonde and without even a word held him bridal style, surprising him.

“M-Minho put me down!” Taemin shrieked, shaken by the sudden touch and proximity.

“No way I’m letting you walk around like that with a wounded foot!” he started walking, ignoring Taemin’s attempts to stop him.

The blonde complained and objected to being carried until Minho stopped mid-way and asked with a playful smile:

“Do you ever shut up?”

Taemin, caught offhanded, just looked at him, mouth agape in utter astonishment.

Smiling smugly at himself, Minho kept walking until he stopped once again in his tracks out of the blue. Taemin looked up in disbelief at him and they stood like that for some moments in silence, until Minho simply leaned forward and lightly pecked Taemin’s plump and awaiting lips.

“I was owing you this one from earlier” and he smirked at the flustered blonde he held in his arms.

It was impossible for Taemin not to be completely in love with smug Choi Minho.

 


Very short! And fluffy! And lame ._.

Comment please? <3