Chapter 2

Because Of You

Eunhyuk finally arrived home. He walked in and slipped his shoes off.

"Sora?" Eunhyuk called.

"Hyuk. In here." Sora's voice came from the kitchen.

Eunhyuk walked into the kitchen. Sora, his mom and his dad were sitting at the dining table. Eunhyuk slowly made his way to the table and sat down next to Sora.

"Hyukjae,we have decided... We'll be splitting." Eunhyuk's father said.

Eunhyuk looked at his parents, not a single hit of surprise on his face.

"Hyukjae?" Eunhyuk's mother said gently.

Eunhyuk scoffed then shook his head.

"What. Are you disrespecting us?" Eunhyuk's father asked.

"N-No Father." Eunhyuk said quickly. He mentally kicked himself for forgetting his father's extremely bad temper.

Eunhyuk rose from the floor and began to leave the room.

"Hyukjae. Sit back down. We're not finished." Eunhyuk's mother said softly.

Eunhyuk continued walking, not caring about his father's temper. Eunhyuk was at the doorway by the time his father had gotten completely mad.

"LEE HYUKJAE, SIT YOU BACK DOWN, RIGHT NOW!"

"Make me." Eunhyuk snapped, "What else do you have to talk about? Like I didn't expect this? After the 11 years of fighting I had to hear?"

Eunhyuk's mother looked down at her lap.

"Hyukjae... get over here, right now." Eunhyuk's father said.

"No. I'm sick of being scared of you and always hiding!" Eunhyuk yelled. Eunhyuk had finally snapped, after 11 years. He was finally saying what was on his mind.

"HYUK-"

"You, Dad, are a TERRIBLE father!" Eunhyuk yelled and walked out the front door, closing it with a slam.

"That brat." Eunhyuk's father muttered.

"Dad... he's right. You're a terrible father. And an even worse husband." Sora said before getting up and exiting the house as well.

Eunhyuk's father looked down on his wife, who was bruised all over.

"See what giving them freedom does?" He said and walked away, muttering to himself about how he should've killed them when he had the chance.

Eunhyuk's mother looked out the window, thinking to herself.

 

"Hyuk, where are you going?" Sora called after her brother.

"Just stay out of Dad's way. I'll be back before 10." Eunhyuk answered then walked off.

 

Eunhyuk walked until he reached Sungmin's house.

"Hey Hyuk." Sungmin greeted, "How'd it go."

"Eh, it was nothing surprising." Eunhyuk said with a shrug.

"What was it?" Sungmin asked.

"I guess they thought I'd start crying. Or that I'd be surprised." Eunhyuk said.

"Wait... Did they announce a divorce?" Sungmin asked, surprised that his crybaby friend wasn't crying over something like that.

"Yeah." Eunhyuk said plainly.

"Oh, Hyukkie, I'm sorry." Sungmin said and hugged Eunhyuk.

"I'm not surprised one bit though." Eunhyuk said.

Sungmin let go of Eunhyuk, "What?"

"They've been fighting since I was 6. For me, the question wasn't IF they'd split, it was WHEN would they." Eunhyuk said to his friend.

"But, it still must hurt to have your parents break up."

Eunhyuk shrugged, "Yeah, I guess, but I just knew it was going to happen."

"Are they the reason why you don't believe love exists?" Sungmin suddenly asked.

"Them? I don't know." Eunhyuk said and kicked at the grass.

"Have you ever felt as if love existed?" Sungmin asked.

Eunhyuk was quiet.

"Okay. Sorry. Wanna go up to my room?" Sungmin said and started up the driveway to the front door.

"Sure." Eunhyuk said and followed Sungmin.

 

Chapter 2!!!
Yay!
It's pretty short... but... It's an important chapter, I guess.

Thank you all so much for reading and subscribing! ♥