Afraid

To fall in love with life again.

Ever since his break up, Jongup had been a total wreck. Daehyun hated seeing the boy like that, but he’d never really been good at comforting others, so all he could do was stick around and make sure that the younger didn’t hurt himself, accidentially or not. The first time Jongup directed his anger at the wall right behind Daehyun, he had been shocked, taking a few seconds before carefully pulling Jongup away from the wall. He had silently bandaged his bloody fists that time, and the times that followed.

Just in general he’d been around the younger a lot. Silently. Mostly he simply didn’t know what to say, and considering his poor knowledge about relationships and feelings he was too afraid to say something wrong.

He knew he probably made a lot of mistakes while trying to help Jongup over the break up, what with taking him to bars and letting him drink alcohol, but it was the only way of comforting someone Daehyun knew, other than sleeping with them, and he was sure the younger wouldn’t want anything like that, not right after a break up. So Daehyun silently stood by his side as much as possible, patching up his wounds, saving him from himself, saying a few, awkwardly comforting words here and there.

He didn’t even understand why he did that in the first place. He didn’t know the younger very well, he didn’t know his life, his past, anything. But for some reason he couldn’t endure seeing the younger so lost, so sad, so… broken. It pained him, and he was more than surprised to find himself around Jongup all the time, for the first time in his life caring for someone else without expecting something in return. For the first time in his life spending more than a day with someone else without expecting to get them into bed.

It was weird and new and it scared Daehyun out of his mind, but then Jongup would smile shyly and thank him and sometimes he would even hug him, and suddenly Daehyun wasn’t afraid anymore.

 

 

 

 


A drabble! Really short~

I'm in a creative mood these days, I'm writing a lot! I hope you liked it! ^^

Leave me pretty comments for more DaeJong! Just kidding, haha ;)

Love you all ♥