Watashi dake Mitsumete

Only Look at me

I. Yamapi

You wonder how the hell this whole thing ended up with no kisses but tears and slamming doors. You wonder how the hell you ruined the whole thing by walking away when she pleaded, kicking and screaming, telling you, “I love you, no one else.”

You don’t want to believe her because she likes another guy, right?

She always glances at that man’s direction every time they step backstage, or go out for drinks. They just coincidentally had to be there at the same place at the same time.

Hell, you even believe that the witch of dark tan skin and long hair, pretty legs and mixed origins had something to do with it.

But you’re angry and calling her best friend a witch is mean. Meisa isn’t mean, she’s just being…overprotective…or so that’s what she tells you.

You can see it in Maki’s eyes, how they sparkle and shine every time that man steps into the room and sings a song about love.

You don’t want that at all, no way, because Maki belongs to you.

She should know better than to look at another man.

You’re not used to seeing her with another man and it tightens your heart that she doesn’t look at you the same way she used to.

You miss her and you want to do something about it, soon.

But you feel out of place, like a third wheel now, being dragged to the concert because your mother and little sister just happens to love that group, the one with that man that Maki oh so adores.

You fake a smile and shake his hand, telling him, “Hey, I enjoyed your concert. Very awesome job you guys did out there.”

That man smiles back, naively, offering drinks and praising your group in return.

And then she walks into the room with Meisa, looking dazzling as always. That pretty faced boy’s face brightens up and he excuses himself, waltzing towards the woman of your dreams.

You growl behind your teeth and decide to cool off somewhere else, away from that scene.


II. Maki

You aren’t sure what he wants. Was it a commitment, you wonder or a kiss? He squeezes you like you belong to him, yet he hasn’t even asked you out on a proper date yet. What right does he have to tell you that ‘Cha-eh-jun-gu isn’t right for you’?

You laugh at his attempt and correct him, because that’s just who you are and you like to , like always, “Jaejoong, Tomo, Jaejoong.”

“Whatever.” He says before pouting and giving you that annoying look you detest.

You don’t want to be involved with this kind of relationship, because a jealous man will just lead to blood and tears, you always believe.

Meisa suggests that Jaejoong is a good man and that he will “call you his little princess and make you happy.”

You wonder and wonder until one day, backstage, you glance at him and immediately feel warm.

You feel different, your heart skip a few beats the moment his foreign tongue slips out your name, “Maki.”

You want to swoon, but swooning and kyah-ing isn’t what you do. You’re cool and composed, well kind of... Yamapi describes you to be adorable and clumsy and sometimes a bit too truthful.

But that’s the thing; Jaejoong likes that type of girl, cute, clumsy and truthful right? (Or was that Yamapi, you wonder) Oh well, Meisa says he’s into those types of girls, she even tells you his secret, “Jaejoong likes you Ma-tan. I showed him a picture and he thinks you’re really cute.”

You let out a stifled laugh behind your hand, flustered at the simple comment, but still go at all lengths to make yourself look presentable, wearing your favorite golden dress and knee length stilettos.

You flutter your eyes at the Korean man and wrap your fingers around his when he pulls you in for a firm handshake.

You start to make comparisons, without even noticing, making lists, how his moobs is a bit bigger than Tomo’s, or how his voice a slightly lower, his face smoother and more feminine looking, his lips beautiful soft and curved into dorky smiles. His hair is short, much shorter than yours and Tomo-kun’s combined.

And you like him immediately.

“Care to join me for some champagne?” Jaejoong asks you. You don’t hesitate to nod your head and go with the flow. Relax, you say to yourself. He actually likes the clumsy girls.


III. Jaejoong

You feel nervous because there is this Japanese guy that looks like you, with an ugly perm you notice, breathing over your shoulder. This Japanese guy, you’ve read about in the newspaper, you saw on the Korean NEWS channel how he got mauled by a bunch of your country’s female fans, has that look of “I’m-going-to-beat-the-daylight-savings-out-of-you.”

You smirk at him because he looks like a jackass who doesn’t know what he’s going to get himself into.

You start to get annoyed because you really don’t know why he’s all up on your business when you haven’t even talked to him yet.

And it becomes apparent, because when that pretty girl Meisa-yodongseng has been talking about saunters over and gives off all her charms to you, you suddenly know, forming an ‘o’ on your lips.

“Jaejoong-oopah…” She attempts, perfectly you smile, bringing your attention away from Yamapi’s glares. You nod and firmly take her little trembling hands into yours before giving it a good shake,

“Ah, Maki-chan, right?”

Her smile doubles and even though she tries to hide it behind , you have perfect hearing and detect that little gleeful squeal of a secret fangirl.

You admit, she is way too cute to give up on and Yamapi has good taste, because right now, as you stand there sparkling like a pretty idol with flawless skin and angelic smiles, she’s stumbling and fumbling with words.

You remember Meisa telling you that she’s quite clumsy, but is very professional. Right now, all you see is another fangirl, but you don’t mind, because one, he’s secretly a fan and two; Hana-kimi was his favorite drama of the season.

You decide to be a little generous at the end, but before you let her go, you play a little game with Yamapi-hyung.


IV. Meisa

You witness it all. The moment Jaejoong-san pulls Maki’s fingers to his lips; Yamapi is practically biting his lips before exploding. You look at Yunho-kun and both shrug at the scene. You frown when Maki frowns and you’re about to head on over but someone gets a hold of your wrist,

“Let them handle the situation” Yunho whispers into your ear.

You agree to let Maki handle things on her own but the moment she hears her best friend cry, tears dropping and nose red, you’re on the hunt, “Who’s the bastard that made her cry?!”

You like Jaejoong more than you like Yamapig, so you blame the guy with the ugly perm, glaring him down as you try to calm Maki-chan down.

No one is hurt, no blood, no bruises, nothing. Just angry faces on two men and one tear faced girl.

Everyone is quiet until one of them speaks up. You’re surprised to find him apologize first. First to Jaejoong-kun and then to you; after that, he stares longingly at Maki-chan in silence before sulking off in the corner.

Yunho is irritated and begins lecturing Jaejoong in Korean. You pick up a few words you learn from them, something about “Idiot” and “Maki-chan” and “cry.”

Jaejoong’s head is down and he apologizes to everyone, “It was a joke, I didn’t mean for it to get that far.”

You forgive Jaejoong, and you kind of forgive Yamapig. Maki-chan finally becalms to your sweet words, “Neh, Jaejoong-kun isn’t a bad guy. He—”

Maki-chan wipes her tears, thank you for your concern before going after Yamapi, who decides to head out through the exit.

Well you tried. Jaejoong would have been a much better choice, would have made her so much more happier, but old feelings never go away.

Maki-chan always had an eye on Yamapi anyway.


~owari