Chapter 1

A Kiss for a Thief

Jonghyun P.O.V
I sat beside my dad in the horse carriage, looking out of the tiny window on the side. The whole morning we had been preparing our twelve horses and was now on the way into the town. I had been unusually tired that morning, and I had no idea why. The feeling you get when your mind have had enough sleep but your body says completely different. You don't feel you're in the right body.
I rested my elbow on a tiny patch in front of the window and rested the side of my head against it. You could easily hear the horseshoes hitting the cobblestones, on the two leading horses in front of the carriage, which some guy named Chin Ho was leading.
"Jonghyun?" I heard my dad's voice weakly from my left. I turned my head to him. I knew that look on his face. He wasn't proud of me and I knew that, but it was so clear that I was sure everybody could see it. I couldn't lie about being his son either, since I look like his much younger twin.
"Yes father?"
"When we get to the town, I want you to get the horses at the field I've been ordering for today, can you do that?" he asked, making it clear that I should think about what happened last time we were at a market like this. It wasn't my fault that someone had forgot to close the gate, and it couldn't have been me, because I was with Key at that time.
"Yes father."

The market was already full of people, but they for sure noticed when our carriage entered. I lowered my head as I stepped out of the carriage, and went straight to the field, where the horses should be delivered in a matter of minutes.
As I stood there, guiding the horses into the field and afterwards filling up the drinking buckets some meters away, a young couple - obviously with their full of money - came up to take a look.
"Sir?" the woman asked, seeking for my attention, but before I could give it to her, my father stood in between us, ready to shake hands with her. He treated me like the people he hired; and that wasn't really good.
Actually my only job was to make the horses ready, so I had to figure something out to do the rest of the day. And since Key was unable to come this year, I had to find something I could do alone.
Soon my eyes fell on a small stall some stalls away. Though it didn't look super tempting, I went there anyway.
Homemade necklaces, bracelets, earrings and so on. Mostly made out of iron or some kind of metal; I had never really been good in school, especially not science. I bought a nice necklace with a nicely formed piece of, what she said, aluminum, what would make it lighter.
After looking at some other stalls, buying something here and there; I decided to go back to my father, and see if he had something I could kill the time with. We had to be here the whole day; seven hours in total.
"Father?"
"Oh, Jonghyun, good. I was just about to look for you." I looked asking at him, "we've already sold the horses, so I was about to go home, do you come?"
We had only been there three and a half hour; it must have been a good sale this time. I nodded to my dad and followed him to the carriage.

Taemin P.O.V
The market had now been in town for three days, but there haven't been anything that was worth stealing; or borrowing without giving back, as I called it.
I had noticed this guy who had been walking around the first day; and today he was here again. No doubt about he had a lot of money, since he came in a carriage. But you could also see it on his appearance. I started following him around; keeping a safe distance. When he had money, he must have something worth 'borrowing', right?
After watching him paying at stalls, I figured out where he had his money. I was about to sneak up to him, when I got distracted by some guy, who was waving to the rich-guy I was following. They seemed happy to see each other, and soon they hugged only a couple of meters in front of me.
"Key! Why are you here?! You said you were unable to come this year!" the rich-guy said, smiling like some idiot.
"I found out how to come anyway, but I hear you've already sold the horses, am I right?" the guy, Key I guess, said. The rich-guy nodded. I followed their conversation, and when they started walking around together, I decided to follow them both. Rich guys have rich friends, right?
Just as I thought, Key was just as well-paid as the rich-guy. Chit-chatting so I was about to puke, seriously. It was like they hadn't seen each other for several years!
It wasn't safe for me to 'borrow' anything when they were two, and especially not these two. But I kept following them, maybe I could find out who they were, beside "Key and the rich-guy".
"Jjong! Your dad is looking for you!" Key shouted when the rich-guy had visited the toilet not so far away. Jjong couldn't be his full first name, it must be some nickname. Jongwoon, maybe? Key wasn't the other guy's first name either, that's for sure! I had no Idea what his name was though.
My eyes fell back on Key and soon Jjong was by his side. They went to some field further down the path, and here they met, what I guess, Jjong's dad. I immediately recognized him; Mr. Kim. One of the town's richest males. He had a horse farm, if I remembered correctly. Now I knew that the rich-guy was called Jjong, and Kim as his last name.

Key leaned to Jjong, while he obviously was looking at me. After whispering something, Jjong looked at me too, making eye contact for only a couple of seconds. I figured out that it was time for me to leave, so I turned around and started walking away.
The roles had been switched, now it was them who was following me. I increased my speed, turned around some corners and before I stopped by a stall I pulled my hood over my head, so it almost covered my face. I started looking at the things by the stall, and saw out of the corner of my eye, Key and Jjong stand lost in the middle of the path.
"We lost him," Key said and looked around, I turned my back against them.
"You go that way, I'll go this way," Jjong said and pointed out the two directions. Key nodded and walked away. I kept standing as before, holding a piece of jewelry in my hand, while my eyes followed Jjong walking right pass me. If I wasn't wrong, I didn't breathe at that point.
Suddenly he turned around and our eyes met. His eyebrows were narrowed and his gaze cold. We kept the eye contact for half a minute or something, before I turned around, put the jewelry in my pocket and left.
"H-" he was about to shout after me, but got interrupted by something or someone. I looked over my shoulder, and saw him still looking after me, while talking to a woman in front of him.
Interesting, maybe we'll see each other again, Jjong.