"You're Right"

"Pinky Promise"

 

After years of chasing after her. 
 
After years of picking up the broken pieces.
 
Anita, finally said yes.
 
Minwoo has been begging Anita to go out with him. But over past relationships, she's been emotionally scarred ever since.
Her last boyfriend practically traumatized her. He would abuse her, call her names, force her to do stuff. 
 
But Minwoo was always there. He was the only one that would still follow her. He would comfort her through every break up. No matter how many times she's rejected him, he would still chase 
her.
 
He was in love with her.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was a typical romantic date, all planned out by Minwoo.
It would all start out from having lunch together and then a nice walk on the beach.
 
While walking along the shore, the sun was setting.
 
"This is nice, don't you think Anita?" Minwoo turned to Anita, who's arms were locked within Minwoo's.
"Yeah." She simply replied.
 
"You know, I still can't believe you said yes. You have no idea how much this means to me." Minwoo started to look down and blush.
Seeing Minwoo's gleeful expression, she just gave him a broken smile in return.
 
"What's wrong Anita? Are you not having fun?" They stopped walking.
 
"No, I'm fine.." She let go of Minwoo and turned the other way.
 
Without any hesitation, Minwoo turned her around to face him.
He leaned in so his face was only a few inches away from hers.
 
"Anita, please tell me what's wrong."
 
Losing to his eyes, she gave in and confessed.
"Minwoo, I don't deserve you." 
 
"What!" 
 
"I mean, you've been wasting your time following someone like me all this time. I don't deserve your kindness, nor your love. You deserve someone better." She escaped from his hands and started to walk
off. 
 
"Anita wait!" Minwoo started to walk after her.
 
With a painful regretful look on her face, she made no intention to slow down nor stop.
 
"Anita!" Minwoo's tone was different. It shocked Anita enough to make her stopped. Never in her life, has she heard Minwoo's voice raise.
"Anita, if you're not going to stop. Then at least listen." Minwoo took in a deep breath. "You're right." Minwoo started. As he started to talk he slowly kept on getting closer to Anita.
Inch by inch.
 
"You don't deserve me. You're right." Minwoo said.
 
Anita's eyes widen. She started to tear up and smile.
"Yeah, I know. I'm always right. This is the first time I've been taken out and had a great time. I just want to thank y----"
 
Minwoo spun Anita around and kissed her lips.
He pulled her in by her waist. His hands on both of her cheeks.
 
When he let go of her.
"Anita, you say that I don't deserve to be with you, but I think I do have a right to be with the someone I love right?" He hugged her tightly. "That someone is you." 
 
For a brief moment her heart started to feel numb. It's as if the pieces in her heart was restoring itself.
 
"Minwoo..." She managed to speak.
"I love you." He said.
 
Her ears and face all lit up in a bright red.
"Wh-what?" She stuttered.
 
"I love you. I've always have, believe me. You have no idea how much it pained me to see you cry or hurt in any way. Those guys who've broke that heart of yours, I want to fix. I want to make you happy, I 
want to show the world what an amazing person you are. Anita, I would be the luckiest man in the entire world if I had you as my girl. So please, choose me. I may not be the best look---"
 
Anita just chuckled and smiled.
She then, held out her pinky.
 
Minwoo was dumbfounded.
 
"What is this?" He said with an arched brow.
 
"Ha ha, remember how  when we were little kids, you would always hold out your pinky whenever you wanted to make a promise?" 
Thinking back Minwoo finally remembered.
 
He smiled at her.
He gladly held out his pinky and joined it with hers.
 
"I, No Minwoo, will promise to care and love you in every way possible." 
 
She started to tear up again with a big smile from ear to ear. 
"Not with just words, but with my actions." He leaned in and kissed once more.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The sand, the waves, the turtles, and crabs, the shells and so fourth, were the only things that could see what the new couple wrote into the sand.
 
"Minwoo + Anita Forever."
 
The cheesy couple then, just happily laughed their way home.
Never letting each other go.
 
In the end, the pinky promise was never ever, and I mean ever. . . 
 
Broken.