Final

Out Cold

 

He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. Beneath his closed eyelids, I could see his eyes moving. If only I knew what he was dreaming of. Smiling, I held out a hand and traced my fingertips down his nose, over his eyebrows, down his jaw and finally tracing the lines of his shapely lips. Leaning down, I placed a soft kiss to his lips before sitting up, heading to the bathroom.

The bathroom held many memories of me and Jay. I remember first moving in, and decorating this room first. It was red, white and black. The bathtub was pure white, as was the shower, sink, toilet and tiles on the floor. On one wall was a red and black flowery wallpaper, the others were white. Many ornaments decorated the room. The cupboards under the sink and countertops were jet black and glittery. Smiling around the room I ran a bath, pouring lots of bubbles in. whilst my bath was running I tiptoed to the bedroom again and took of my pyjamas which consisted of just Jay’s t-shirt. Rooting around in the draw I found a towel and continued into the bathroom. After waiting another minute, the tub was full and bubbly – just the way I liked it. Stepping into the tub and sitting down slowly, I released a breath of relief. The hot water soothed my skin, the bubbles covered the parts of my body that weren’t in the water. Sinking down deeper I held my breath and ducked my head under. My eyes squeezed tightly shut, I shook my head and released the air in my mouth as a flow of bubbles to the surface. Sitting up again, I gasped for air. I grabbed the shampoo from a small shelf by the bathtub and coated my hair in the strawberry scented goo.

After washing my hair and body I lay in the tub, not moving. My eyes kept closing, and after fighting the tiredness for a while I gave in, letting my eyes close.

I woke to the sound of the toilet flushing. I sat up quickly and felt a rush go to my head.

“Hey baby.” Jay smiled and winked, zipping up his jeans.

“Unghghh.” I replied unintelligibly.

“You were asleep.” He looked me up and down. All the bubbles had gone and my skin was all wrinkly.

“No , Jay.” I stared at him. He was shirtless and his body was just amazing. His tattoos shone in contrast to his pale skin.

“Come on, wrinkly.” he held out a hand, grinning.

Glaring, I took his hand and as he was about to pull me up I gave a sharp tug, making him come crashing down into the water with me.

“Yah!” he shouted. His face was dripping wet and his expression wasn’t pleased. I couldn’t contain my giggles. Seeing his eyebrows race I jumped out of the bath and ran into the bathroom. I heard him get up and chase behind me. Laughing like crazy, I dodged him and continued to run around like a crazy lady. I glanced a look behind and saw he had stripped off his jeans and was running after me in his boxers, leaving a wet trail behind him. Turning around I ran straight into a wall before jay caught me in a bear hug.

“Got ya.” He laughed. “Are you okay? Did you hit your head?” he giggled. I turned to face him and he looked at my forehead before bursting into hysterical laughter, rolling on the floor. I looked to my right into the mirror hanging on the wall and noticed the red mark right in the middle of my forehead.

“Yah!” I shouted and gave him a soft kick in the nuts. He groaned in pain.

“Oh you're gonna get it.” He smirked, before chasing me down the hallway once again. Running madly I didn’t notice the water on the floor and I lost my footing, and slipped falling face first onto the floor.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I woke up, my head feeling fuzzy. I tried to sit up but a woman – a nurse? pushed me back down lightly.

“You don’t want to do that just yet, sweetie.” She said politely.

“What? Where am I? Who are you? How did I get here?” questions poured out of my mouth.

“Sweetie, you're in hospital, I heard you had a nasty fall, you’ve been out cold for a few days.” She replied smoothly.

“A fall? What kind of fall? When? How? Where’s my mum?” I asked quickly, as if the words couldn’t come out of my mouth faster.

“I'm not sure of the details but I believe you were being chased by your boyfriend and slipped.”

Before I could reply a soft knock came from the door. The nurse walked over and opened it, whispering something to the person before shutting it quietly.

“Ah, you have a visitor. Poor dear has been here every day.” She smiled before leaving the room.

Just as the door shut, it opened again revealing a very attractive man in jeans and a t-shirt.

“Oh god, baby, I'm so sorry, will you forgive me? I love you so much baby, I’ll do anything for you, please, please forgive me.” He held my hands in his and bowed his head.

I pulled my hands from his and looked at him in shock.

“Who are you?” I asked.