Why I Like You (A Louis Tomlinson One-Shot)

Why I Like You (A Louis Tomlinson One-Shot

 

“Why do you like me?”

Why do I like him? Is it because he’s smart, because he’s handsome, because he’s kind?

I lay in bed, my mind racing with possibilities.

Louis William Tomlinson

World-wide superstar

And yet also the best boyfriend I would ever ask for.

The cheeky boy I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on him.

Have I ever prayed for love? Of course I have.

Which teenage girl doesn’t lay in bed thinking who might be her  prince.

Little did I know it would be a boy I knew since I was 5.

The boy I lost contact with when he joined the x-factor.

The boy I bumped into one day at work and subsequently got the shock of my life.

I thought love was going to be special, and yet I fell for my childhood best friend.

Life never allows your life to go the way you thought it would.

But yet I was thankful for falling for this boy, Louis William Tomlinson.

Because despite anything, he is the thing I’m most thankful for in my life.

I’m not the prettiest, not the smartest, not the sweetest, and yet he chose me over his millions of beautiful fangirls.

Why do I like Louis? Because he’s the one who could cheer me up after a bad day.

My mind reeled to the day I got back my Oxford University rejection letter.

My hands shook and my whole body trembled when I saw the letter from the school of my dreams in my letterbox.

Louis held me as I opened the letter with the speed of a snail.

And then I saw the two words that made me weep.

“I’m sorry”

I refused to read on after that, knowing the next words.

I was rejected.

From Oxford.

I allowed a tear to escape.

Then a tear became a fountain of tears.

The letter was soaked, yet I couldn’t care less.

Louis just held me, soothing me by rubbing my back slowly.

And then he started talking.

“It’s alright love. You got into Julliard did you not?”

I just nodded weakly.

“Julliard is the best music college in this world, is it not love?”

I nodded hesitantly

“Well there you go love. You got into Julliard and it’s Oxford’s loss, you’re going to be amazing there.”

“But…Ox…Oxfor-”

“Stop it love, you’re an amazing actress, and Oxford’s programme lost out”

“And hey, I’ll be right there with you”

I let myself smile.

“Well, that’s that beautiful smile I know and love.”

Louis’ words, though was everything anybody could say, meant so much to me when they came out of his mouth.

The sincerity in his voice when he said I was amazing.

The cheeky faces he made at me for the rest of the day, and bringing me out to ensure that I wouldn’t sit at home and weep, it made me smile.

Louis made me smile.

Why did I like him? Louis shared my tears of joy and tears of sorrow with me.

The day I got my first movie deal.

I stood anxiously by the phone, waiting for the phone call that would change my life.

“Ring…ring…!” the shrill sound of the telephone reverberated through the air.

I scrambled from my seat and fell onto the beanbag beside the telephone.

Hands trembling, I picked up the phone whilst Louis held me.

“Hello?”

“Yes?”

“Is this… Ms Allyson Meyer?”

“Yes?”

“Well Ms Allyson Meyer, I’m Sean Paul and I have some news for you.”

As Louis stared intently at me, I mouthed “the director”

He just gave me a thumbs up and a reassuring pat as I continued the conversation.

“Al…alright”

“Well, you did audition for the part of Abigail Snow?”

“I did”

“Well, Ms Meyer, you’d be happy to know that you got the part of Abigail, opposite Louis Tomlinson”

“Thank You, thank you, thank you!”

He chuckled and continued: “Well, I think you’d be amazing for this role. Rehearsals start in two weeks, and I’ll send you the script later on.”

“Alright, Mr Paul”

“Well Goodbye Ms Meyer”

“Bye”

When I put down the phone, I let out a shrill scream as I jumped around like a little kid. I was grinning as I suddenly remembered something the director had said. That I was acting with Louis…Tomlinson? My boyfriend…?

I turned to him curiously, and just as if he read my mind, he answered for me.

“Yeah babe, I auditioned for the part of Jayson and I got it. I thought you would be more comfortable acting with someone you knew well”

“Thanks Lou Bear. Love you” I replied, pulling him in for a large bear hug.

“Love you too al” He said muffled as he kissed me.

I smiled as I realized I had everything I wanted right there.  

Those are why I like… no love Louis William Tomlinson.