1. Introduction

100 themes MBLAQ fic challenge!

 

I guess Mir and I weren’t supposed to meet. But if I hadn’t tried, I know I would have regretted it. Maybe not as much as I regret talking to him, though.

 

Every morning, before going to work, I always went to the little coffee shop at the end of the street. It wasn’t crowded and I loved the atmosphere of tranquility that was emanating from it. Only a few regulars were coming here and most of them were lonely, sitting alone at their regular table. Not that anybody cared about that, we were all coming here to take some resting time after all.

 

That’s why, when he passed the door of the coffee shop, all eyes were on him. He was a stranger for us. Well, I have to admit we were all strangers to each other, but after all this time being together without really being together, some kind of link was uniting us. Or maybe it was just in my head.

 

Anyway, when he pushed the door open and straightly walked towards the counter, not a single sound could be heard in the whole shop. Everybody was looking at him, not in a rude way, we were just curious about that new person. He commanded a frappuccino and sat at one of the empty tables. At the exact moment he sat, for the rest of the people here, he was becoming a new regular, a new person who was part of our weird family and to who they would never talk to. Nobody would ever pay attention to him again.

 

Nobody, except for me. I was somehow fascinated by him, though I couldn’t find why. Sure, he was handsome, but not handsome enough for me to look at him so intensely and not handsome enough for me to want to know him. Why would I change my habits for a guy like him? It was ridiculous. Yet, I took more time than usual to finish my coffee. I let him leave before me and I watched him crossing the street quickly and disappearing behind one of those huge building. I stood up and went to my work, not thinking about the incident again.

 

But the next morning, he came back. And the morning after. And for the whole month. Every day, just like every other person here, he sat quietly at his table and took sips of his frappuccino, before leaving and disappearing behind that huge building. Every day, I would take more time to drink my coffee and I would just look at him, fascinated. For the first time since the day I started coming to this shop, I wanted to know someone here. But it was kind of against the rule, so I didn’t do anything.

 

Months passed by and we continued our little ritual. I sometimes wondered if he had noticed that I was always looking at him. I don’t think he had, he was too busy reading his book while sipping his cup. The more I was looking at him, the more I wanted to know him. Until one day, I couldn’t take it.

 

He passed the door, just like every other morning, commanded his frappuccino and sat at his table. Only, this time, I went to rejoin him. I simply sat next to him at first. He gave me a glance, but didn’t mind me and continued reading. I sighed and gave him my hand.

 

‘’Hi, I’m Lee Joon!’’

 

He looked at my hand, thinking whether he should shake it or not. He finally accepted it shyly.

 

‘’I’m Bang Mir. Nice to meet you.’’

 

He didn’t add anything else but he waited for me to say something. So I did. And we talked for a few hours. I had missed a whole day of work, but I didn’t care. Passing my day with Mir was one of the best ideas I’ve ever had. But after all these hours, the shop had to close, so we had to go our separate way. During our conversation, I had learned that he was living two streets from here, which is why he would always cross here. I suggested escorting him to his house, which he gladly accepted. Ah, how much I wish I hadn’t suggested that…

 

We crossed the road quickly but when we were on the other side, I realized I had forgotten my wallet at that shop. I told him to wait for me, that it wouldn’t take long. I ran in the middle of the road and heard a car honking before feeling a sharp pain in my whole body. The last thing I saw was Mir above me, yelling some incomprehensible things at the passers. Then I closed my eyes and let my last breathe out.

 

I sometimes wonder if I would still be alive if I hadn’t talk to Mir that day. Or if he simply had never entered the little coffee shop at the end of the street. But all I know is that, even if it’s strange, if I was given the chance to go back then, I wouldn’t change a single thing.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I know it isn't good but I really wanted to get rid of that topic because I wasn't inspired by it X) well, leave your comments guys :D