As much as she wanted to stay

As much as she wanted to stay
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ae5qRWPCg

 

 

“I can’t do this anymore.”

The words echoed in and out of her head as she stared at Kai. Trying to register what he had just said, she slightly shook her head. “I don’t understand, what do you mean?”

Kai took a step back and fell down onto the couch. He took a deep breath and buried his face into the palms of his hands. “I want to break up.”

Now those words made a little more sense. Is that why he had been ignoring her for the past week? Sun Jung couldn’t believe it, why did he want to break up with her? Kai wanting to break up with her made no sense to her either even though everything made sense. She was going to go crazy. “Why?” She asked. “Why is it that you want to break up with me?”

“We’re just not going anywhere.” He said whispering the words that slowly burned her.

“What do you mean? Did I do something wrong? Is it because of me?” Tears stung her eyes and a big knot was starting to form in , forbidding her to ask anymore stupid questions.

Kai slowly looked up and stared at her with his deep brown eyes that no longer sparkled. He shook his head and sat back against the couch just staring at her.

Sun Jung stood there wondering what he was thinking about and why he hadn’t answered her question. It was bothering her and she wanted to ask more questions to why he wanted to break up with her. “Kai…”

“I’m seeing someone else.” He told her with a low, steady voice.

Her heart stopped and she froze there just gazing at those dark hazy eyes that were just staring back at her. Her knees weakened as her body trembled. She held her breath to try to hold herself up but she failed to when a sob slipped past her lips.

“Sun Jung…”

“With who?” Her voice was small and fragile. Tears sat at the very edge of her eyes and Sun Jung fought to keep them from falling. She didn’t want to cry in front of Kai, no, not in front of that cruel man.

“Soo Yun.”

“For how long?”

“For about a few months now.”

Her head was spinning and her chest felt heavy. What was happening again? That’s right, her boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend had just confessed to her that he was seeing someone behind her back while the two of them were dating. What did she do to deserve this? Was she not good enough for him? She didn’t understand why Kai would betray her like this, he loved her didn’t he? Loved, he loved her so he used to love her but not anymore. Kai was now in love with that Soo Yun so that was why he had told her that he couldn’t be with her anymore. It hurt. It hurt deeply and she felt like her heart had been cut into pieces. “How could you?”

“I’m…sorry.”

“Is this why you have been ignoring me for the past week?” She waited for an answer but suddenly felt tired of waiting. Sun Jung softly chuckled at that question and shook her head. “No, that’s why you have been ignoring me for the past few months because you found someone different, right?” She turned to look at Kai with a sad smile. “It would have been nice if you told me because then I wouldn’t have wasted my time waiting up for you.” Her smile slowly faded, her lips quivered and the tears began to fall. “You should have told me.”

“I…” Kai let out a heavy sigh and turned away.

“You should have told me. You should have told me Kai! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What difference does it make? You would have found out!” He screamed back at her, his chest heaving for air. “This is why I can’t stand you! All you can do is just scream, scream and scream at me!” Kai stood up and kicked the coffee table. “I’m sick of this, I’m sick of you. Why do you have to ask so many damn questions? I want to break up and I’m seeing someone else so that’s the end of it. What more do you want me to say?”

“I want you to tell me that you love me! I want you to tell me that everything is going to be okay because…I lost my baby…your baby…our baby.” Sun Jung started to cry. She couldn’t help it but to cry at the fact that the man that she loved so much cheated on her. She wanted to cry because she messed up. She fell and lost their baby before she could even tell him that she was pregnant. She stayed up waiting for him every night and catered to him even though he treated her badly. Right now she really wished that she hadn’t moved in with him. No, she wished that she hadn’t met him, ever.

She saw the guilt that was quickly written on his face. He looked surprised, disappointed and sad. Sun Jung didn’t want to believe that a man like him would feel the way she felt. No, he would never feel the pain that she was going through. Su

Please log in to read the full chapter