Final

Trembling Steps

 

Trembling Steps

 

Note: I decided to made it one shot and sorry if it’s too short ><. Thank you for subscribing and commenting. I hope I didn’t disappoint you guys. Sorry for late update. All this fic is on Kyungsoo POV.

==========

 

"My entire body walks, only seeing you"

 

 “Baekhyun hyung!” I called him and knocked his room. I heard footsteps came from the room and the door opened.

“Yes Kyung?” Baekhyun hyung smiled which I gladly replied, excited.

“Hyung, you promised me we w ill go to the store together. Our food supply is all used up, can you go with me today hyung?”

“U-uh sorry Kyung…I can’t today, I need to help Chanyeol with his project, I’m sorry.” Baekhyun hyung replied, smiled apologetically.

My smiled flattened.

“Oh”

“I promised I would go with you next time. Sorry Kyung!” I knew Baekhyun hyung felt guilty to me but I just…disappointed.

“It’s fine, I’ll go now. Bye hyung!” I turned my heels and walked towards the door, before Baekhyun hyung could say anything.

“Kyung-”

“Kyungsoo, wait for me!”

I turned back and saw Joonmyeon hyung rushed to my side, panting. I looked at him, confused, but he just smiling –as always-.

“I’ll accompany you to the store, let’s go!”

He held my hand, and I couldn’t help but smiled.

 

----------

 

“This one or this one?” Joonmyeon hyung brought two box of cereal, a confused look clear on his face.

“This one, Sehun likes chocolate.” I said and he nodded.

“Okay.” He placed the box in trolley and walked back to the cereal section, putted back the other one.

I chuckled. Shopping with Joonmyeon hyung really not bad. Maybe I must tell him to accompany me more.

“Why laughs?” he asked when he’s back.

“Next time we should go shopping more, it’s fun!” I smiled and he laughed.

“Of course. You’re with the guardian, you know?”

I nodded, approved.

“Let’s pay and go home. The children are waiting for their meal, Mr. Guardian”

 

----------

“Please come closer

So you can see my love"

 

 

It’s our day break and I decided to made a cake. Actually it’s Baekhyun hyung favorite, so I would made a bigger one for Baekhyun.

“Flour. Eggs. Butter. Chocolate…” I mumbled the ingredients and prepared the equipment.

“What are you doing Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun voice made me raised my head from the recipe.

“Making a cake hyung. Do you want to cook with me?” I smiled and he nodded, replied the smile.

“Mixer the egg first hyung.” I gave him a bowl and the mixer.

“Aye Aye ma’am!” he gave a salute and I laughed.

 

We made the cake happily. A little mess because of a flour-battle, but the cake full-baked and the taste is good. I smiled in satisfy, and so did Baekhyun.

“Hey Kyungsoo.” Bakhyun called.

“Yes hyung?”

I faced him and I felt his hand brushed on my corner lips.

Oh God.

I blushed madly and Baekhyun noticed it. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

“You still have a flour on your lips, silly.”

Okay. I felt my head redden like a tomato right now.

How nice if not his hand, but his pair of his soft lips-

I slapped my head. Good Kyungsoo, now you are day dreaming about Baekhyun hyung in front of himself. Stupid!

“Why are you slapping your head Kyung? Is that anything wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“N-No hyung! Everything is under control, no need to worries!” I gave him a wide grin.

He nodded and smiled.

“So... Let’s bring this to them! They will definitely like it, especially Chanyeol!” He said excitedly.

“Chanyeol hyung?”

“Yes, he really likes cake, don’t you remember?”

 

Why is it always Chanyeol for Baekhyun hyung?

 

I nodded and followed Baekhyun hyung, made our way to the family room.

 

----------

 

"Again today, I walk toward you with tearful steps

 I wait for the day that I will touch your heart”

 

 

“Okay, let’s take a break for 10 minutes” The instructor said and we all nodded, out of breath.

I took my bottle and drank, before turned to Baekhyun hyung.

“Hyung, let’s talked.”

He nodded and followed me out from the room, leaving the member who looking at us curiously.

I stopped in the empty corridor, turned back to faced the latter.

“What is it Kyung?” Baekhyun hyung asked, curious.

 

Talk, Kyungsoo. Talk. Before it’s too late.

 

“H-Hyung I-I…” I stuttered.

 

Don’t be a coward Do Kyungsoo. Talk.

 

“H-Hyung, I like you, no. I love you.” I confessed, didn’t look to Baekhyun eyes.

“I love you hyung, I always watching you. I always try to make you know about my feeling towards you. I always feel the pang if you talked about Chanyeol hyung. I-I…”

 

“Kyungsoo…”

 

I looked at Baekhyun, who smiled bitterly.

 

Please, don't say-

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

----------

 

"The more I cover up my two eyes, I see you clearer

The more I block my ears, I hear you all day."

 

 

 “Kyungsoo, may I come in?” Joonmyeon hyung knocked my door.

I didn’t answer, just sobbing silently.

I heard the door opened. Joonmyeon hyung entered my room, walked to me and squatted in front of me.

“Sssh…Don’t cry.” He wiped away my tears, and looked at me with concerned look.

“What happen, Kyungsoo?” Joonmyeon asked and cupped my face.

“Baek-Baekhyun hyung…Baekhyun hyung reject me hyung.” I answered while sobbing.

Joonmyeon hyung sighed. “Baekhyun and Chanyeol are dating, Kyungsoo.”

I looked at him with shock. “You know it too?”

He nodded. “Of course, I’m a guardian, remember?”

I laughed bitterly, and he sighed again. “Listen, love is not always meant that you must have the person that you love, Kyungsoo. Baekhyun is happy with Chanyeol, and you should be happy too.”

“I know hyung, I just…shock, maybe?”

Joonmyeon hyung caressed my cheek softly and smiled.

“I can help you, Kyung.”

“Help for?” I looked at him confusedly.

His gazes soften and reached my hands.

“I love you Do Kyungsoo.”

My eyes widen. “H-Hyung I-”

“I know you doesn’t love me back. But I will make you, if you give me a chance. I’ll help you to forget Baekhyun and I promise, I’ll make you happy.”

I looked down, avoided Joonmyeon hyung eyes.

“I’m not forcing you Kyung. You can reject if you want.” He stood up, his voice full of sadness.

“Hyung…” I mumbled, but loud enough to Joonmyeon to hear.

“Yes?”

I raised my head and looked at him without doubt. I nodded, and he gave me his genuine smile.

Joonmyeon hyung reached out his hand to me.

 

“Take my hand, and your love will be save.”

 

I smiled and didn’t hesitate to take it.

“Thank you, Mr. Guardian.”