One man, one table and a bunch of food.

You are what you eat

 

One man, one table and a bunch of food.


A perfect night, cool, smooth and filled with the intoxicating smell of freshly made rice, chicken, sauce and whatnot. A single candle light lit up, it's soft, swaying light reflecting in Daehyun's loving, brown eyes, taking in the beauty in front of him. The smooth curve of the crispy chicken's well-build leg and it's nice , that almost leaves Daehyun breathless. The desirable, fresh colors of the salad's evening gown, it's slightly wet dress making the man bite his lower, full lip, giving it more tint than it already has, making it match the small round tomatoes, Zelo would have loved to call his, but this was Daehyun's date, and he wouldn't let the maknae ruin it.

 

his lips unconsciously, Daehyun's eyes slides over the small bowl of rice, every grain of rice the perfect size, the color a magnificent, clear white, until they reach the sauce, simmering still slightly in the cool night, beige, lazy bubbles popping every now and then, giving the hypnotized man goosebumps and a short shiver.

The icy touch from the cold glass of white wine doesn't help Daehyun's shiver situation, and soon a down right shudder runs through his body, starting from his spine and goes all the way to the tip of his toes, leaving even more goosebumps on it's way.

 

Carefully the silverware is picked up, it's slender handle feeling just right in Daehyun's sweaty hands, the coolness soothing his on-edge nerves. His heartbeat is fast, as his fork slowly nears it's target, namely the roasted chicken.

Steam bursts forth as soon as the first cut is made, heating up Daehyun's already hot hands. Something close to dew appears on the before shining silverware, but Daehyun has no eyes for it. The pure, whitish meat, not too dry nor too moist, but a place in between.

 

Gushing most of the chicken on his plate, Daehyun moves on to the rice, taking a hold of the, with blue stripes decorated, bowl and takes a spoonful white lump of salty goodness. The creamy sauce soon follows, dripping delicately onto the tablecloth, as it's moved across table. Daehyun scoops it up with his index finger, giving himself the time to watch the thick liquid slide down his skin in a slow, irregular movement, before finally taking it to his mouth, his tongue along the slimy trail. With deliberate, round swirls of his tongue, everything has gone from his finger and has ended in his mouth, mixing with the salvia he has tried so hard to keep under control – obviously he failed.

 

Adding a few crunchy salad leaves and some squishy, pure-red tomatoes, Daehyun finally lets himself have a taste with more than just his eyes – although that was already heavenly enough to satisfy Daehyun's weak heart. Poking his fork into a piece of chicken so lovely Daehyun almost can't contain his joy, he softly smudge some gravy onto it, before, finally, slipping it into his mouth.

 

An explosion of flavors erupts on the surface of Daehyun's tongue, and a moan, accompanied by another swift across his suddenly hot lips, leaves his throat.

His pink tongue swirls around the hot, fleshy piece of meat, carefully off all the creamy flavor of the sauce, before getting to the godly treat itself. When he does, tentatively biting down on the soft material, Daehyun vaguely wonders, with the tiny part of his brain that hasn't been captured by the awesome, how he's still alive or at least conscious.

 

The meat practically melts on his mind-blown tongue. His teeth sink right through the sturdy but soft flesh, and another moan escapes him.

Swallowing the chicken, Daehyun's mouth is on fire, the flavor lingering in his every teeth and every drop of spit.

Picking up his slim glass, rotating it carefully just once, he mixed the wine with the aftertaste, and the result is absolutely world devouring. For a moment Daehyun's breath is stolen, his tongue desperately searching for more of the amazing mixture. His eyelids slides shut and his mouth fall halfway open, no air leaving or entering, only the taste present in Daehyun's mind, body and soul. If I die, I would die happy, he decides, slowly reopening his eyes, to the gorgeous sight of a star filled night outside his windows. Daehyun's heart grows to twice it's normal size, moving his tongue across his pearly white teeth, off some sauce and taking another sip of wine, his nose filled with the smell from the ever-ready chicken and the fresh, green salad, and his eyes captured by the stars. The candle flickers softly, as Daehyun lets out the shaky breath he has kept to himself.

 

One man, one table, and a bunch of food. 

A/N: I'm super tired, but I can tell you, I have never had so much fun writing. Daehyun and his love for food really needs more appreciation!! 
I admit this is a bit short, but I'm too tired to make it longer.. I know I didn't even describe the salad, but we shouldn't make this to ual, should we now? eue