ONESHOT

Dealing with Sasaeng Fans

Changmin follows Yunho and their manager out of the salon. As usual, screams and camera flashes assault his eyes. He quickly slips on a pair of sunglasses and adjusts a better grip on his bag. Who knew what item of his fan he’ll find in his bag. He hears sotries of other idol finding lace underwear or even a used pad. He, involuntarily, shudders in revulsion. The company car is already at the front.  Changmin, Yunho, and their manager quickly maneuver their way through the crowd. Just as they reach the edge, a female hand reaches out and grabs his t-shirt. A faceless girl screams her name and how much she loves her “Changmin-oppa”. The manager looks back to see the incident taking place. He hurries back and untangles Changmin’s t-shirt from the fangirl’s tight grip. As soon as he is free, Changmin hurries to the company car. Inside, awaits a concerned Yunho.

He asks, “Are you okay, Changmin? That fangirl didn’t hurt you, did she?”

Shakily, Changmin replies, “Y-y-yeah, I’m fine. It wasn’t too bad this time.”

Changmin sinks back into his thoughts as Yunho accepts his answer. TVXQ and many idol groups had problems with their sasaeng fans. They try to ask them to stop. They try to reason with them. They even try pleading. But, the sasaeng fans kept pestering and invading their privacy. Honestly, he knows that they want the idols to remember them but, really? Stealing personal belongings, shoving underwear everywhere, assaulting them? The list just goes on and on. He tried to just ignore them, but the situation just keeps getting worst and worst. And then that issue with JYJ and their sasaeng fans. He knows how much Yoochun disliked sasaeng fans when they were DB5K. Changmin gets shaken out of his thoughts when Yunho informs them of their arrival at the dorm.

Giving him a concerned look Yunho asks, “Anything bothering you, Changmin-ah? You’ve been awfully quiet during the whole car ride. You sure you are okay from that crazy fangirl?”

“I’m fine, Yunho-hyung. There is no need to worry. I’ll be at the Super Junior dorm.”

Changmin escapes his hyung’s powerful gaze. The Super Junior dorm are close by. What better way to clear his mind then playing video games with Kyuhyunnie!

Unfortunately, sasaeng fans gather around TVXQ’s dorm. They cheer and scream when Changmin peers through the front door. Dang, he is going to have to sneak out the back. The problem is the fans had practically all the exits covered. They were really organized. If one fan spots him, the rest will be informed and come running. Did they not sleep, got to school, or eat? He checks a back exit. If he could jumps over the alley wall, he could escape the fans. The wall seems pretty easy to climb over. A few jutting bricks could be used as stepping stones. The jump down would be easy as long as he didn’t twist his ankle. With a deep breath, Changmin covers himself and bolts out the door. He scrambles over the wall and jumps down. He gives a small grunt as he uses his hands to steady himself. Without looking back, he runs toward the Super Junior dorms.

Leeteuk opens the door and welcomes Changmin inside. Changmin nods his head in thanks when Leeteuk gives a gasp.

“Changmin-ah! Your hands are bleeding.”

Indeed, the scrapes on Changmin’s hands were oozing a little bit of blood. He must have done it when he was jumping over the wall.

Leeteuk continues, “Wait here! I’ll get the first-aid kit.”

By now, the Suju members that were in the dorm had come to investigate what the commotion was about. Changmin glances up when a towel is shoved in his face. He gratefully takes it from Kyuhyun and applies pressure to his hands. Leeteuk rushes in with the first-aid kit and starts applying disinfectant and bandages. Changmin winces as the hydrogen peroxide makes his scrapes sting.

Kyuhyun asks, “Well, what happened? How did you receive these cuts, Changmin?”

Changmin answers, “The usual sasaeng fans were waiting outside the TVXQ dorms. I wanted to see Kyuhyun really bad. In the end, I had to climb over a wall to escape them.”

Alarmed, Leeteuk explains, “That’s dangerous! You should have stayed in the dorm.”

“No way! I’m human, too. I have needs. I’m not some caged animal that can be observed at through a glass window. Sometimes this whole sasaeng fan thing really irks me. They give me no sense of privacy. Whatever happened to my personal bubble?!”

With that, Changmin storms to Kyuhyun’s room. Kyuhyun turns to Leeteuk.

“You really shouldn’t have said it. Sasaeng fans really bother Changmin. It doesn’t help that their presence remind him of JYJ’s scandal.”

Leeteuk puts up his hands in mock surrender, “Sorry about that. I’ll have to apologize to Changmin later. Try and calm him down, please?”

Kyuhyun gives an evil chuckle, “Of course, I will. My Changminnie is so cute when he is angry. The way his eyes scrunch up and one side of his lips pulls up.”

Leeteuk quickly stops Kyuhyun, “Please. We don’t need to hear how lovey-dovey you are.”

Kyuhyun retaliates, “Why? Missing Kangin that desperately, Leeteuk-hyung? You are just jealous.”

Red in the face, Leeteuk sputters, “NO! I’m not jealous.”

Leeteuk walks away grumbling about evil maknaes and how he really should call Kangin. Kyuhyun smiles. He turns and quickly heads toward his bedroom. Sure, an angry Changmin is cute, but a giggling Changmin is even cuter. Opening the door, he spots Changmin sprawled across his bed.

“Is Changminnie angry about what Leeteuk-hyung said?”

Changmin gives a glare to Kyuhyun. “No. Just annoyed by the sasaeng fans.”

“Awww…don’t worry about them. They are just a part of the idol life. Those poor girls are crazy about you and just want your attention. Just ignore them.”

Kyuhyun slips into the bed and wraps his arms around Changmin. Changmin snuggles closer to Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyunnie, can I ask your opinion on something?”

“Sure, honey. Anything for you.”

“Stop being so sappy.”

“It’s just how I am with you. And you know you like it. Now, what was the question you were going to ask me?”

“How do you deal with the sasaeng fans?”

“Well, Super Junior doesn’t have as much as you and Yunho. Most of the ELFs are very considerate and try their best to protect us. But, we do have some. I just follow the rest of the members as quickly as possible through the crowd. Whenever I find something disgusting like blood, I give it to my manager to handle. But, most of all, I try to understand. These girls just want our attention. I give them a little, but sometimes I feel really annoyed. And that is when I ignore them. I try to focus on the rest of the fans. The ones who want to hear us sing and perform.”

“It doesn’t sound like you really deal with them.”

“You’re right. I don’t really deal with them. They do make life interesting.”

“Do you ever get used to them?”

“No.”

The couple settles into silence. Changmin deep in thought and Kyuhyun listening to Changmin’s breathing.

Kyuhyun asks, “Wanna play some video games?”

“No..not really.”

“Oh? You really don’t want to play or are you afraid that I am going to kick your like last time.”

“No! I kicked your last time.”

Kyuhyun raises one eyebrow, “Really?”

Changmin races out of the room, “I get to be Player 1 and I’ll show you who is boss!”

Chuckling, Kyuhyun follow Changmin out of the room. Hopefully, video games will keep Changmin busy and happy. He was really looking forward to seeing that cute smile with mismatched eyes.


Like this fic? The idea behind this fic was Sasaeng fans and how they bother our beloved idols. Back when they were 5, DBSK would sometimes complain about the Sasaeng fans and ask advice from their sunbaes on how to deal with them. But now, it seems it has not stopped and just continued. If you watch the videos, it is quite disturbing how stalker-like the sasaeng fans are.  Makes me wonder how the idols survive with a hard schedule plus sasaeng fans. *sigh* Kpop Idol HWAITING!

As tempting as it was to write a sad ending, I figured some Changkyu fluff would be far better.