Final

Goodbye, My Alien Bunny

Try listening to it while reading - Because it's you by Davichi


“What are you doing here in my room?” I shouted and pointed my fingers out at a guy dressed in army pants. He was clearly in my room and he was trying to take away my alien bunny!

“I-I just want to-”

“Don’t touch my Mr. Shishimato!" I warned him with a glare. "Give it to me!” I got angry and snatched my bunny from him. He was dumbfounded but he tried to take it back, so I hid my precious bunny behind my back.

“Wait…how do you know that bunny’s name was Mr. Shishimato?” He asked.

“I-I-I don’t know. That name just crossed my mind when I wanted to name it.” I said, realizing that I didn’t even know how the bunny had the name Shishimato.

I looked at the guy curiously. “Who are you and how did you managed to get into my house?”

“The door was somehow unlocked. I came here for my bunny. That bunny." He gestured towards the bunny hidden behind me. "Can I have it back?” He held his hand out, trying to ask politely for the bunny.

“Your bunny?" I smirked. "It’s belongs to me. I found it at the park, under the cherry tree. Now would you mind getting out of my house right now?!” I demanded and pull him by his red top, heading out if my room towards the main door.

He removed my hand from his top and stopped. “No, it belongs to me. I put it under the cherry tree for a while last two nights ago because I had to buy something to eat. When I came back, my bunny was gone.” He explained and yes, it made sense.

The bunny was found by me last two nights while I was having a walk in the park. I gave up, knowing that he was the rightful owner of the bunny. “What’s your name?” I asked him skeptically.

“I’m Shishimato.”

"Okay, I admit defeat. I guess this is really yours then." I hugged the bunny and gave it a last look at it.

I didn’t want to let the bunny go. It was so unique and I had fallen in love with it. It had a red mask covering its mouth and the bunny itself was black. I slowly handed the bunny to the guy and he smiled sincerely at me, giving me butterflies in the stomach.

“Thank you.” He said but he still hadn’t made his way out of my house yet. I raised my eyebrow and showed him the exit.

“Actually, I haven’t got a place to stay. You see, I’m not from here and I need a place to stay for two years. Can I-" He rubbed his nape. "Can I stay here with you?”

I was shocked at his request. How can a guy like him hasd no place to stay? A part of me said that I should let him stay because I’m alone and I need company but a part of me said that I shouldn’t suffer future consequences.

“You can have this bunny until my two years period here will end. Please, I need somewhere to stay.” He made a cute face, trying to convince me to let him stay by offering the bunny. Finally, I said yes to his answer.

“But first, can we change your name to something more Korean? How about the name Yongguk? Is it okay? I think it suits you.” I suggested as I took him to living room. He sat down and I went to the kitchen to get him something to drink and we sat next to each other.

“That’s sounds good to me. What's your name?"

"Hyerin. Bang Hyerin."

That was how my relationship with Yongguk started out. Blame that bunny for it for being cute. Ever since the day we met, I found my life changing to something I never thought would happen.

I lived with him under the same roof and for the first two weeks, I tried to dig up on his background but he insisted on not telling me. I only managed to know his birthday I let that slide as he didn’t show any bad traits in him that could endangered me.

His treatment towards me was very amusing. During our first five months together, he was unemployed and whenever I got back from work, he would welcome me home. I would cook for him and he did all the chores I was unable to do. We spent doing many things together almost every day and I always looked forward to do things with him.

Each day, I felt myself falling for him.

He was a gentleman and very sweet. Whenever I felt down, he was there to soothe me. He even had a tendency to sulk whenever I ignored him. Sometimes, when I’m with him, I wanted more than just being housemates. I wanted him to feel the same way as I do…love.

One night, when I was about to sleep in my room, hugging the bunny Mr. Shishismato, I heard my bedroom door creaked open. He climbed up my bed and lay down beside me. He had both his hand under his head, looking at the ceiling.

“Yongguk, why aren’t you sleeping at your room?” I said in a concerned tone and turned around to face him.

“You know, I’ve been thinking a lot…about us.” He turned his head to look me in the eyes. His voice was not the rough normal ones he used when we talk to each other, it was softer and deep. “I don’t know what this feeling I'm experiencing because I’m not use to things like this."

I felt my heart beating fast as I waited for him to continue. His eyes gazed upon my face and I held Mr. Shishimato close to my face.

“This feeling always comes to me whenever we were together. I tried ignoring it but I can't. Hyerin, I guess that I might have fallen for you. I think I'm sure that I love you…”

I felt my cheeks redden and I turned my back towards him. I pull the blanket and covered myself with it. It was something I didn't expect. He finally confessed and I'm glad he did.

“Hyerin…” He tried to remove the blanket and I heard him chuckled as he tried poking me. I gripped on it harder. At last, he just wrapped his arms around me and whispered something.

“Would you be my girlfriend? If it’s a yes, then don’t move. Let’s stay like this tonight.”

The next morning, it started out awkward for me but he managed to make me act normal after we went out for dinner and bought couple rings. I had my first kiss at Namsan Tower while we enjoyed the scenic view of Seoul.

He surprised me with a long kiss in front of many people. I still remember he back hugged me and rested his chin on my shoulders as we exchange greasy lines.

The periods of two years together were full with laughter, tears and memories.

We had attempted many things a couple does like wearing couple tees, going on a vacation and I had even introduced him to my friends, B.A.P and they welcomed him to the group.

As days passed, not all the time I spent with him was happy moments. We even fought just because I said that I wanted a family. He was against it hard and he couldn’t come up with a logical reason for it.

“Why can’t we have a family, Yongguk?” I had asked him on the day I just got back from my friend’s house, visiting their newborn baby.

“We just can’t have a family. Is it not enough for you to have me?” He held me close to his and ran his fingers through my hair. “I love you and I promised that I'll make you happy with anything but not this."

He curled a strand of hair behind my ears and rested his forehead on mine. "I don't want you to share your love for anyone else."

I had pulled myself away from him, went inside my room and locked myself in. He didn't even bother to comfort me and I stayed mad at him for 3 days before getting back together. That happened during our last year together.

Who knew that we could go seperate ways after that? I always had thought that Yongguk and I would live happily ever after, but that was not meant to be.

One day, when I got home from grocery shopping alone, I found out that Yongguk wasn't home. I searched the whole house and the area. He was not to be found neither was bunny Mr.Shishimato.

Sweats had covered me as I ran all day searching for them. I was desperate and worried on finding them. I prayed that he didn't leave me alone since all his belongings were not in his room. The last place where I searched for him was at the park where I found Mr. Shishimato.

There, I saw the bunny been placed under the same cheery tree. I hugged it tight as soon as I got my hands on it. As I look back at Mr. Shisimato, I found a voive recorder taped behind it.

I listened to the recording.

Anyeong, Bang Hyerin...

It's me, Yongguk. By the time you listen to this, I have left and I had to go back to where I belong which is on Planet Mato. Truth to be said, I'm not from Earth. I'm a living creature which resembles human and the only thing that makes us unhuman is that we can't mate like how humans mate. You must be wondering about my true intentions here on Earth right? I was sent here to learn about the humans and how they act when they fall in love. My future wife insisted on it because she wanted me to be like men on Earth. She wanted me to treat her like how men on Earth treat their partner. I was forced to fulfill her request by my own parents whom were the one who set me up on the crazy marriage with a woman I don't even love. The bunny was a gift I took with me from Mato to give it to someone who was willing to help me learn.

Instead, I fell in love with you the moment we met. You are the most wonderful woman I have ever met in my life. You're beautiful in your own way; your voice, your charm and everything about you. I'm thankful for the love we share. I want to be with you forever but we’re different, that what was why we couldn’t have a family. I should have realized it earlier that we weren’t meant to be but I took the risk of loving you. I'm sorry for causing you pain. I'm sorry if this love hurt. I wish you could move on and forget me. Please be happy. I always love you, Hyerin. Goodbye, my love.

The moment the recording ended, I cried all my heart out realizing that he was gone, he will never come back and he will marry someone else and spend his life with her.

I was broken and I couldn't be fixed for a long time. The impact of the sudden leave was hard for me to take. Everyday I would cry myself to bed and at certain times, I wouldn't dare to look at Mr. Shishimato because it reminded me of him. Sometimes, I felt as if he was hugging me in my sleep and heard his voice but it turned out that there was no one.

I won’t eat, sleep and sometimes I skipped work, got drunk at clubs and I flirted with guys I don’t even know.  However, with the help of B.A.P, I managed to be my old self. The woman which made Yongguk fell for.

Now, it was time to start a new life.

"Hyerin, should we leave now?" Daehyun said as I opened the door to my house. After a year of being broken, I guessed it was time to move on.

"Yeah, we should." I smile and him weakly.

"Be strong, Hyerin. Life needs to move on. I'm sure Yongguk doesn't want you to be like this." Daehyun said as he lifted my luggage.

"But before we go, I need to see it for one last time."

I opened the door to my room and took a last look at it. My heart could not bear to not say goodbye to it. So I let myself climbed on bed to bid farewell.

I stared at the alien bunny while I lied on my bed. Slowly, I traced my finger from its nose to its stomach and poked it. Without noticing, a tear slipped my eye as I said, "I love you, Mr. Shishimato. Goodbye…"

 

THE END

 


Do subscribe & comment. I wish to know what you think of this oneshot. Thanks for reading <3