Chapter Due

I Saw Him (Hiatus)

 

It was a Tuesday. It would’ve been a normal Tuesday if no one was hyped up over the news from the weekend. They were even more excited hearing the star of the rumors was heading back to the school. Even though he still had to live at the hospital for the next week he was happy to come back to familiar grounds. The only problem, the kids.
 
 It’s an obvious situation, that repeats itself daily. Kids would huddle up in corners of the hallways, gossiping away about what they heard moments before class ended. The kids would then separate and form a new crowd somewhere else, spreading the same story, just a little bit exaggerated. Then, it would repeat, and be across the school in a matter of ten minutes. This, Donghae didn’t mind. What he did mind was when it was about him, and he didn’t even have to think twice that it was.
 
 Donghae sighed and looked out of the tinted window of his mother’s car. All the kids were fussing around the front gates of his school. Some were pushing their faces in front of the video cameras which the annoying press held. Others were jumping with excitement. If they weren’t doing that, the kids were talking up the news reporters. Donghae could tell more than eighty-percent of the school’s population ( Which included teachers) were at the front gates. 
 
 As Donghae put his hand on the door handle, the driver gently grabbed the boy’s shoulders. Donghae unconsciously tensed.
 
 “ Your mother wants to know if you are sure.” The driver announced.
 
  “ I’m positive, and no matter what she says, I’m not joining.” Donghae explained stepping out of the vehicle, harshly shaking the hand off his shoulder. 
 
 The moment his car door opened, Donghae was swarmed by the reporters and camera crew. His gaze quickly scanned over all the unfamiliar faces. His ears picked up sound, but nothing was clearly made out. Donghae bit his lip, ducked down, crawled in between and around legs until he was out of the group. He didn’t waste even a moment to get up and sprint up to the doors of his school. The press did not have any ability to come onto the campus, but there were still a bunch of gossip-crazed-lunatics in his school. 
 
 All Donghae wanted was to get to his class, safely, happily, and normally. Even if it was noted impossible for obvious reasons, he still wished he had been able to have a simple day coming back to school.
 
 But what part of Donghae’s life has ever been simple?
 
 Donghae swung his classroom door opened, only to have four pairs of eyes glance up at him in astonishment. Donghae’s face flushed a bit as he closed the door, and stumbled over to his seat. Okay, so he didn’t hate attention: He was a big attention seeker in his school, but he liked when he could control it. He liked dancing in hallways and making a fool out of himself. He didn’t like being the talk of the school because of a terrifying day of his life, which shouldn’t matter to anyone else.
 
 They should just deal with it.
 
 “ Donghae!” One of the kids exclaimed. Donghae raised his head to look over, to see Leeteuk. Donghae smiled and quickly hugged the older boy. 
 
 Leeteuk was his best friend in the school, and acted as his guardian angel since childhood. They’ve always been together, through almost everything. If they weren’t together, you could bet the confided the secrets of the moments to each other the minute after it happened. Leeteuk was out of town that weekend, so Donghae knew, if he could he would have been there, right next to Heechul
 
 Heechul was his other best friend from childhood. Leeteuk actually introduced the two to each other, and Heechul had become like a protective brother ever since. When Donghae announced he was moving out of his mother’s home, Heechul didn’t waste a second announcing he had a free room. The free room, was at that time, a room for his kitty. Heechul  tends to spoil those he loves.
 
 Both of them visited him at the hospital Sunday night, and Monday evening. They were so hyped up explaining every detail of the school day, Donghae didn’t even realize he was missing it. Everything that happened Heechul knew, every note that could have been taken Leeteuk had memorized. 
 
 “ You moving out of the hospital?” Leeteuk asked quietly, as they made their way to the seats in the back corner.
 
 “ I can’t.” Donghae mumbled, his lips twisting into a small pout. 
 
 “ Why not?“ Leeteuk chuckled and patted his head, gently playing with a few strands of hair. That is, he was, until he felt Donghae tense.
 
 “ Th-that’s why.” Donghae whispered, as memories of the night flooded back to him. The memories of being pulled back harshly by his hair, the knife against his neck, every memory was too vivid for his liking.
 
 “ What?” Leeteuk asked, his hand falling limp.
 
 “ They were testing me for brain damage, and I freaked when a doctor pulled my hair.” Donghae explained quietly. He pulled his legs up to his chest.
 
 “ That’s going to happen. They shouldn’t keep you in there. The night was traumatizing. Of course it’s not going to go right away.” Leeteuk whined.
 
 Donghae chuckled. “ It’s not as scary when you do it though. You just shocked me the first second.”
 
 Leeteuk laughed and brought his hand back up to Donghae’s hair, it lightly.
 
 “ That’s because you know me.” Leeteuk reminded him with a wink. Donghae nodded and brushed his head against Leeteuk hand’s some more.  “ God Hae, you’re like a cat.”
 
 “ B-but it felt good.” Donghae blushed. Leeteuk chuckled and shook his head. 
 
 “ Well I got to go to my classroom, see you at lunch?” Leeteuk asked.
 
 “ Always. Oh and Leeteuk, I kicked the doctor when he touched my hair.” Donghae noted.
 
 “ You kicked him?”
 
 “ Where the sun don’t shine.”
 
 Leeteuk laughed loudly, causing everyone’s eyes to snap towards them. Leeteuk awkwardly bowed in apology and walked out. Donghae giggled and slid into his seat normally, pulling out his school supplies. When he had pulled out a pencil two arms placed themselves on the side of the desk, a head upon them. Donghae glanced over to see one of the students from his class.
 
“ What do you want?” Donghae asked, as he slowed down his for some reason rapid heart-rate.
 
 “ I know who that stalker was.”
 
 “ You know you sound like a stalker yourself.”
 
 The boy chuckled and shrugged. “ I’m a pretty hot stalker though right?”
 
 Donghae coughed and raised his eyebrow. “ Excuse me?”
 
 “ Eh, worth a shot. Anyway,  I do know. You want info?” 
 
 “ I learned more than enough from the police thanks.”
 
 “ Good, ‘cause I actually didn’t know.”
 
 Donghae looked over. “ Then why-”
 
 “ Just wanted a reason to talk to you.”
 
 “ You could of acted concern instead, like most people do.” Donghae noted. The boy grinned sheepishly.
 
 “ Well I’m not like most people.”
 
 “ Obviously. Most people also say what their name is before starting a conversation.”
 
 “ Name’s Eunhyuk.”
 
 “ And you expect me to believe that?”
 
 The boy, now named Eunhyuk chuckled. “ I was hoping you would. I don’t use my real name, so it doesn’t really matter.”
 
 “ What ever.”
 
 Eunhyuk smiled and glanced around for a few moments, before returning his gaze to Donghae. “ The teacher is going to be ten minutes late.”
 
 “ That’s splendid.” Donghae replied.
 
 And as a reply, Eunhyuk winked.
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So yeah, second chapter, is terrible. I'm aware. The plot will actually, completely start next chapter I believe.

 I apologize for the delay. Everyone's been wanting me to do something, and I wrote this chapter, but then I didn't like it so I deleted it, and rewrote it when I had time ( Still don't like it)
 
 Hope you guys enjoyed it though. I worked hard, and hope it showed.