Final

Memories

Hey, Ryeowook-ah... When you're not here, it is difficult to live on. It's hard to accept the reality you know? It's a huge blow to me. To you. To us. It's unbelievable that you won't come here anymore.

I never play any games since then, you know? Silly, right? I'm still waiting, you know, even now. I miss your laugh and smiles. I miss you. I really do.

I just want you to know that I will be here.

I will always be here.

 

Love, 

Kyuhyun

 

________

 

A cold breeze caused Kyuhyun to shiver suddenly. He sighed as he put the pen on the table beside the ink-bottle, grinning sadly to the written paper in front of him. As usual, he folded and put the letter on the floor, along with hundreds other, scattered randomly around the whole attic. Following the pattern of habits he laid down on the freezing floor, trying to get comfortable with his bed.

It wasn't because there was no bed around. The master bed was downstairs, neat and tidy, untouched. He liked it that way, sleeping on the rough surface of their secret chamber's floor. 

All he want to feel was Ryeowook's suffering. 

Ryeowook's last suffering.

It had been two years since he died in this house, panting for breath. Kyuhyun should have known that it was dangerous for him to leave Ryeowook alone at home after such a long storm, but still he went to work. It was too late now, right? The smaller man won't--at any rate--rise from his grave.

Kyuhyun barely even eat lately; his hyungs teamed up and came to the house daily to force-feed him. He really wanted to go with Ryeowook, to his death, but was too afraid to let the life Ryeowook was so fond of disappear. And Kyuhyun still felt terribly sorry for Ryeowook's death, even though it was not really his fault. He has a weak immune system from when he was a baby, so it was not so surprising for him to die in such a young age. His parents didn't seem to be that shocked either, more resigned when they weep for his death. The only one really suffered from his death was Kyuhun, his lover. Him and him only.

Kyuhyun groaned as he streched his arms. He remembered being in the same position with Ryeowook few years ago.

 

"Kyu..."

"Hmmm?"

The older snuggled onto Kyuhyun's chest and sighed. "If I were to die..."

"Don't say stupid things," Kyuhyun cut him.

"No, listen," Ryeowook said. "If I were to die earlier... I'll become the stars and watch you from above, okay?"

Kyuhyun froze for a moment, pained. He bit his bottom lip bitterly, chewing it until the copper taste reached his tongue. "...I will too."

Ryeowook looked up at him, half in amusement and half in disbelief. But he smiled cheerfully as a lonely tear fell out his eye, hugging the younger tight. "Okay."

 

And Kyuhyun looked at the dark blue sky through the window, to the stars shining bright, smiling. 

"Night, Ryeowook-ah."

 

______

 

Here are the usual notes:

-Leave a comment on how you feel about this. Do you like it?

-Upvote if you like this story :)

 

Edited 24.09.2017