Biggest Mistake

Biggest Mistake (one-shot)

I should be happy for him right? I should be happy that finally, my best friend is happy. He finally found the love of his life. I should be happy... for him but I can't bring myelf to feel that way. It's the complete opposite. It hurts. It hurts so much, to see the man you love happy in someone else's arms. It hurts to see the man you love, love someone else. What did I ever to in my past life to deserve this kind of punishment? It's me who have been there for him from the start. Why can't he see my effort, why can't he realize that I love him. Why can't he love me back. Why?

I feel my tears fall freely and I immediately wiped it away with my hand. Stop. Stop falling. Damn it! Why won't it stop! I gaze at the view in front of me. The sea is very dark, lonely, and sad. It matches my mood. I closed my eyes as I let the cold breeze embrace me.

"Hyesun?"

My eyes snapped open at the all too familiar voice. NO! Why is he here? He can't... he can't see me like this! I quickly wiped my tears away and took a deep breath before facing him. "Hey Yixing!" I faked a wide smile.

"What's up? You don't look too good." He replied, worry evident in his face and voice. he stepped closer and reached for my face. I flinched a little but he didn't withdrew his hand. "Have you been crying?" He asked.

I looked down to hide my face. "A-aniyo-o." Great, my voice just cracked. Lay, please leave me alone. I'm begging you.

"Hey." He called gently and made me look at him with his hands. "Did something happen? Are you hurt or anything? Come on, tell me."

"No, I'm okay Yixing, it's nothing really. Not worth knowing." Lay I'm begging you, get out of my sight or I might.. I might.. I can't hold in my feelings anymore. I might confess and regret it later.

"Come on Heeyeon, of course it is worth knowing. You can tell me anything, I'm your best friend."

BEST.FRIEND. It just took two words for my rope to break. I harshly snapped his hand away and faced him, he was startled by my action. I faced him with streams of tears cascading down my cheeks. "Yes Zhang Yixing! You're my best friend! And I made the biggest mistake of my life by falling in love with my best friend!"

I quickly brought my hands up and covered my mouth. ! ! No! I didn't... I didn't just tell him that.. did I?" he's looking at me with a shocked expression and even I, myself, am shocked.

"W-what do you mean by--"

"It's nothing." I cut him off. "I-i'm going out for a walk." I said and rushed past him. Before I could reach the door, I felt his hands circle around my wrist and pulled me back; facing him again.

"No, you answer me. What the hell is the meaning of that?" His voice was cold and stern and he's looking at me intently. He's reading me again; like he always does when I'm lying. I wonder how he manages to sense it when I'm not telling the truth.

"I-I- to-told you. I-it's nothing." I winced at the pain on my wirst, his grip is too tight. "You're hurting me Yixing." He didn't let go; not even loosened his hold but his expression softened, but it also showed hurt.

"You're also hurting me by lying to me. It hurts more."

"It may hurt more Yixing... but do you know what hurts the most?" I asked him and I can taste the salty tears as it touched my lips. I can't hold back now. I can't stop my mouth. I can't stop my heart. I can't stop loving him. "It's to see the person you love the most, the person you love more than your life, love somebody else. I really want to be happy for you Yixing. I really do but... I'm sorry. I can't bring myself to feel that way. I'm... I'm the worst best friend ever.."

He chuckled and I looked at him in puzzlement. He smiled at me. That dimpled smile that got me off the edge. "I can't leave you Hyesun." He stated, still grinning like an idiot. Okay, I take that back, he's far from looking like an idiot. He's so beautiful but that's not the point! How could he laugh at me after breaking my heart?. "Not when you've got it all wrong. I didn't confess to her."

"But I--"

"I was.. let's just say that I asked for her help.

"Asked.for.her.help?" I narrowed my gaze at him.

He sighed and ruflled his hair in what seemed to be annoyance and confusion. He dragged me and made me sit on the bed then he pulled the chair from the dresser and sat in front of me.

"Listen to me okay? I asked for Ji-ah's help because I wanted to confess to someone. Since she knows that person very well, I asked her to act like how the girl I would confess to would act if first, she rejects me and second, if she accepts my confession. I was just...what do you call this..uhmm.. practicing my lines." He explained. But that didn't lift the burden in my heart. Even if that girl rejects him or not; he still doesn't love me like I love him.

I looked down. "It's still the same, you still love another girl." He reached for my face and made me look at him again. His gaze is gentle and calm.

"No, it's not the same cause you're the one I love."

 

 

"If you heard my confession, how come you didn't know that it was you?" He asked. We're now lying on the bed, facing each other, our legs tangled, his right arm draped over my waist while I'm caressing his face with my hand. "I mean, even if I was talking to Ji-ah, I was still using your name."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Maybe I was a litlle too late. I only heard the I love you part and that really made me stop walking for a moment. Then when I the corner, I saw Ji-ah suddenly hug you and say I love you too." I closed my eyes as I remembered how hurt I was when I saw that scene. I felt his hand rubbing my arm.

"But you know what?" he asked and I opened my eyes. God! he's smiling again! "you two really have the same raction, or should I say... Ji-ah really knows you." He chuckled then pouted. "Maybe I'm not really your best friend, maybe I'm just second."

I lightly slapped his shoulder. "Of course you are my number one!" And we laughed. "But if we have the same reaction then there wouldn't be much difference if you really confessed to her."

"There is."

"What?" I raised a brow.

"She's not you and..."

"And?"

"I love you not her." He breathed and kissed me gently. I closed my eyes and let our lips play. It was gentle and full of love. He pulled away for a moment before cupping my cheek. "I love you Hyesun."

"I love you too Yixing..." Now that I think about it.. maybe the biggest mistake is that I never tried to confess to him.

 

 

A/N: Next EXO Member... CHEN!!! :DDDDD will you wait for it? :DD