Little Quirks

Halmoni's Big Pot Full of Reviews! ll OPEN for COMPLETED STORIES

Author - Kallen_Langely 
Status - Not Rated, Completed
Pairings/Idols - Park ChanYeol of EXO-K, OC
Genre - Romance, Comedy
Ratings - ★ (5 out of 5)

Plot

Park Chanyeol was a novelist, Yoo MiKyung was his editor. Finally, Park Chanyeol is not someone you would tag under "normal". This quirky story begun with MiKyung at Chanyeol's apartment. She's outside, still. She fumbled with her bunch of keys with numbers on it. Why? Chanyeol has a habit of collecting doorknobs. Why? To make it harder for MiKyung to get into the apartment. Why? To get the manuscript because that particular day is the deadline day. Why? He didn't finish them. 

When MiKyung entered the house, it was horrible. Everything was everywhere. Chanyeol was seen in the living room watching a daytime sitcom.She asked for the manuscript. They played a little hide-and-seek. Chanyeol finally gave up and told her it was in his room, under A BOTTLE OF FORKS. When she was about to leave, he asked her to stay, to help him find his lost coffee mug. She did not buy it and went off. He sighed and took out the mug from under the desk chair. 

When MiKyung returned to the office, the found out that the manuscript given to him was fake, again. "Once upon a time, there was a purple hippopotamus who enjoyed eating chocolate cakes and lemon cookies." The first sentence started off like that. Kim JoonMyun, her senior pitied him as his author, Byun Baekhyun always hands in manuscripts in time. MiKyung thenn stormed off to Chanyeol's apartment asking for the REAL manuscript.

The story then unfolded to another scene, where she was at home already, outside her house, having a smoke. Her neighbour came back, Yoo Hamin, and asked for one, and they smoked together. She went in afterthat. When she was on her bed about to doze off, she got a call from Chanyeol. 

MiKyung was in her office, chatting with JoonMyun about Chanyeol's hobby, and, Chanyeol called, he wanted to have ice cream with MiKyung. MiKyung was mad at JoonMyun, the latter than promised to not give Chanyeol his number anymore. They went to the ice cream parlor near the office, and she let Chanyeol pick the flavours. He ended up choosing everything, with two cherries on top, with the stems folded into a lopsided heart. He later found out MiKyung has allergies to peanuts.

Back at the office, she found a cookie bouquet on her table top. She figured it was from Chanyeol. It was her birthday. Then, the story tells how KyungMi was chosen to become Chanyeol's editor. Then on her way back, a guy called her and gave her a letter from Chanyeol. He was No Minwoo, Chanyeol's cousin.He then told her Chanyeol REALLY likes her. She just listened. Back at home, she read the letter and cried. Hahh. He expressed how grateful he was towards her. How she always helped him and without her, non of him stories would be published. He even told her that he wrote down his phone number and put in her bag. While doing so, he found a packet of cigarette in it and encouraged her to stop smoking. He wanted to celebrate more birthdays with her. 

Chanyeol then decided to make a few changes. He tried cleaning and wore better clothes. His hair was still messy though. She asked for the manuscript and left.  A few months later she went to find him to get the manuscript but he told her he wants to stop writing. That earned him a slap on the cheek. She asked him why, to which he replied, "Can't you see? I write because I like you". It dawned on her that all these while he was trying to get her attention. She left and cried her hearts out. 

The last second chapter shows how Chanyeol was very dull. Then came a doorbell. Standing outside was HaMin and MiKyung. They had a drink together, and he had to brought her here. Chanyeol brought her in and she apologised to him for not noticing his efforts. They shared a kiss and she fell asleep on the couch. The next day she woke up and throwing up in the bathroom. Chanyeol helped her hold her hair and patted her back. She then tried to confess. But halfway there, Chanyeol cut her off and kissed her. Then, he replied, "I like you too, MiKyung"

The final chapters tells about the past of Chanyeol, how he had been like this since young. Kyungmi and Chanyeol were happily dating too. They went for ice cream again and stroll by the park. Chanyeol asked her if she was embarrassed of him. She replied yes. But she likes him for that and asked him not to change. They exchange their love. The story ended happily.

 

Halmoni's nag

I was about to "rant" at you for not explaining why is Chanyeol like that but you did, the last chapter. Yippee! Okay, back to the topic. To be honest. I like these. A lot. Believe it or not you managed to make my... night. I was sulking over something then I read this and eek. Somehow falling MORE in love with Chanyeol. Tumblr made it worse. So BACK TO THE TOPIC. I love the way you expressed the story. There were a few holes and flaws which I will mention later. As for now, lets appreciate the good parts.

I can definitely imagine the character of Chanyeol in this story. He has this special thing in him yet he's a genius when it comes to writing. I like it how he has a crush on MiKyung for 2 years and what he's doing all this while is somehow trying to get her attention. Especially the mug part! Perhaps finding a way to make MiKyung stays a little longer? You expressed him really well. Good job. I like his caring attitude too. The part where he finds out that MiKyung is allergic to peanuts and wanted to bring her to the hospital? Yup, that's very sweet! Oh I also like it a lot when he tries to clean his house to look presentable. Hah. MiKyung has been with you for two years, is not that a bit too late? Very cute, indeed! 

Plus, you made MiKyung a very... HOW DO I SAY THIS. model-able. 'Nam saying? She's very independent, workaholic and disciplined girl. How she smokes to release stress yet able to control to one per day. TBH, that is amazing. I don't smoke but there's smokers around me. I know how hard it is. I also like it how she likes Chanyeol for who he is. Mind you, it is so difficult to find a human that wouldnt judge you and love you for who you are these days. Hmm, is it just me or does that sentence made me sounded like some sort of old granma talking to her grandchildren? Forget it. 

So I was wondering, why does she cry when she read his letter? Does she has feelings for him that time? Or was it just menstruation that causes her hormones to rage? And then the key part. Did I miss it or you didnt mention at all. How she knows the number to each door knobs? Is it that she remembers that particular type of knob is to that specific key? That sounds logic. I will assume it that way until you give a proper reason. -smiles- One more thing would be did he give her the manuscript ? The part where he gave her the fake one, then she storms into his apartment and found him hiding in the closet. Did he give it to her in the end? Yes? No? Nevermind. Let's enjoy some cookies! You want tea? 

Those were the only holes I could fine. Overall, this story is really good. What are you in real life ? You take language courses or something? Or are you an English teacher?! Oh. Leave me be. I am busybody that way. Conclusion, I REALLY LOVE THIS. It is really original. They are very realistic you know? Instead of the normal high school life with the guy being the kingka and all. Too bad it is short. I deserves to be featured. Definitely. Oh! I gave you a five out of five by the way. IMO, you totally deserved it. That is all I am going to nag. I hope you will continue requesting for reviews from us. -smiles- Though it's not very helpful. All I did was spout nonsense. Again, this is just a review from someone not important. Do not get too stimulated, alright ?

 

This is what I managed to get. 

Story - 75%
Originality - 10% 
Overall - 9%        
Total - 94%

There were a few grammar mistakes but they could be overlooked.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY REVIEW!  And remember to credit us in your foreword!

Interested? Check out the story here