More than Friends

Holly's Gallery of Random Drabbles/One-shots

 

More than F r i e n d s

Pairing: Luhan + OC |  Free pairing

Genre: Romance, light!angst

Rating: All ages

Word Count: 472


She didn't know him well, having been Chem lab partners for three quarters of a semester and rarely speaking, only when trading answers during class.

He didn't know her well, having seen her in the middle of Choir class, his underclassman, and rarely speaking, only when brushing past her and saying "Excuse me."

They didn't know each other well, having known each others' names for less than six months and rarely speaking--words were left unsaid and unknown, flitting aimlessly between the two. 

 

They don't know when it happened, but suddenly, "excuse me"s and "the answer's..."s became "hello"s in the middle of the hallway and nods from across the classroom.

They don't know when it happened, but suddenly, they knew each other better than their best friends.

 

They didn't know each others' favorite colors, or favorite foods, or even favorite bands.

But they knew each others' dreams.

 

He knew that she wanted to pursue music, willing to take all the criticism and put downs, having taken them already.

She knew that he wanted to pursue music, wanting to sing his heart out at underground garages.

It was he who found her in the middle of a hallway, legs pulled to her chest, head down and tear tracks dried on her cheeks. 

It was she who found him trudging down the sidewalk, fingers bleeding from endless guitar practices, warm blood turning cold in the rain.

It was he who carried her home, letting her wrap her arms around his neck and cry into his shoulder.

It was she who led him to warmth and the hearth, wrapping his hand in bandages with a tenderness that drew tears.

 

They don't know when it happened, but suddenly, they couldn't live without each other.

 

They didn't know what they were to each other, lost along the boundaries of friends and more than friends. They danced around the line, drawing back as soon as one crossed it.

Heartbeats accelerated but were ignored, and soon, the last rainy day of the year rolled around.

 

"You should've called me over; I have an umbrella," he chided lightly, quickly opening his umbrella over her.

"Yeah, and when you leave, I'm going to be drenched again," she replied jokingly, rolling her eyes but stepping closer to him anyways.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her to his side. Surprised, she stumbled.

"Well then, I'll wait until you leave," he said shyly, looking down at her.

"....What if my mom picks me up in an hour?"

He shrugged and replied, "Then I'll wait with you for an hour."

He smiled, eyes curving into sweet crescents. "I'll wait forever, if you want me to."

 

Suddenly, under the dark velvet of glittering stars and shining dreams, words became known, and they both knew that they were more than friends.