When legends come true [request]

Holly's Gallery of Random Drabbles/One-shots

when legends come t r u e

Pairing: Lay x OC

Genre: Romance 

Rating: All ages

Word Count: 5000~w

for: eyka_afzan


 

“The legend goes that if you take a picture of someone you like on Valentine’s Day, and put it as your cell phone wallpaper for the whole day, that person will fall for you.”

“Omo, really? Does that mean if I take a picture of Inguk-shi today, he’ll fall in love with me?”

Yixing looked over to the two girls chattering two seats away from him and cocked his head in mild interest.

Does that actually work? Yixing shook his head and picked up his pencil again, returning to his arithmetic homework. Probably not.

“Good morning, Yixing!”

The first smile of the morning appeared on Yixing’s face.

“Good morning, Hyerae,” he replied.

Hyerae returned the smile before settling into her seat and taking out her textbooks, oblivious to Yixing’s eyes on her.

Maybe…

Yixing took out his cell phone and raised it.

Click.

It was trivial, maybe, but Yixing smiled. Shaking his head, he set the picture as his wallpaper.

 

 

The legend goes that if you take a picture of someone you like on Valentine’s Day, and put it as your cell phone wallpaper for the whole day, that person will fall for you.

Hyerae lifted her head and glanced at Yixing, giggling when she saw his concentrated posture with his head buried in his textbook.

She reached into her pocket and her cell phone.

Click.

 

 

 

“So…how was the dinner date last night?”

Hyerae looked up from the book she had been reading and saw her best friends blink at her curiously. She narrowed her eyes and glared at Nana, the one who had just asked a question.

“It was your idea, wasn’t it?” She accused, slamming her book closed loudly, ignoring the fact that they were in a library.

Nana jumped from the sudden loud noise and immediately began waving her hands and shaking her head.

“It wasn’t me! It was Jieun’s idea!” She said hastily, pointing at Jieun.

Jieun’s eyes grew wide as she glanced from an apologetic Nana to a fuming Hyerae.

“It wasn’t my idea either! Luhan wanted it!” Jieun insisted.

“Hey, what the hell? When did I say I wanted them to go on a dinner date?” Luhan protested, pausing his game on his cell phone.

“Shush, just go along with it,” Jieun replied, not sparing her boyfriend another glance, her eyes fixed nervously on Hyerae.

Hyerae rolled her eyes as she watched Luhan retaliate and Jieun stubbornly ignoring him. When her eyes shifted to Nana, she saw her friend shrink back away from her. With a sigh, she opened her book again.

“Stop doing stupid stuff, you guys,” she muttered wearily.

“But it’s not stupid!” Jieun said quickly, stopping her bickering with Luhan. “You like him, don’t you? Last night was a perfect time for you to confess!”

“Last night,” Hyerae began. “Was a disaster. It was so awkward sitting in front of him! We talked about absolutely nothing and went home before it was even eight! Might I remind you that the ‘date’ started at seven-thirty.”

Hyerae sat back against her chair after she finished her mini-rant. She brushed her bangs away from her eyes in frustration and flipped the page of her book angrily.

She still remembered what he had said to her last night.

 

“This is awkward, isn’t it, Hyerae? I didn’t think Luhan and Chanyeol would set me up on a date with you!” He had said, laughing, as he poked at his spaghetti.

“Haha, it is, isn’t it?” Hyerae had replied nervously, mentally cursing her best friends.

“Well, since we’re only friends, let’s just pretend it’s a regular night-out, alright?”

“Y-yeah… sure! Since we’re only friends, you know.”

 

Only friends.

 

She didn’t blame him. How could she, when she had never hinted about her unrequited feelings for him? How could she, when he was her best friend and her older brother who was always there for her?

How could she, when she was the one who constantly stating that they were best friends–and only that–so she could ignore her aching love for him?

How could she, when he was Zhang Yixing, the Chinese transfer student, the valedictorian of their grade, the early acceptant into Korea’s most prestigious university, the most perfect person on Earth, the man she loved?

Hyerae didn’t expect anything, really. She was willing to live and die with a broken heart, just so she could maintain her precious friendship with him. She really didn’t mind.

But apparently, her friends did.

And how much she regretted telling Nana and Jieun that she liked him. Ever since she did, they had been forming the most ridiculous plans to get the two of them together. And for some stupid reason, their boyfriends went along with their ideas.

Hyerae sighed and closed her book, placing her head on top of it and burrowing her face in her arms. She felt someone pat her on the back softly, probably to comfort her or something.

“I just want to see him happy,” she mumbled, her eyes shut. “I really don’t want anything else.”

“I know, Hyerae. Believe me, I know,” Jieun said softly. “But if there’s a chance out there for grabs, you should just take it.”

“But there isn’t!” Hyerae exclaimed, finally resurfacing. “There isn’t! He sees me as a friend, as a younger sister, not as another girl!”

“How are you so sure about that?” Jieun shot back quickly.

“I just know…” Hyerae muttered dejectedly.

Jieun sighed. “You can’t just know. You can’t read his mind, so you can’t know what he’s thinking. I mean, maybe he has some hidden feelings for you!”

Hyerae looked at her, and then at Nana, who was nodding furiously, before letting out a small, bitter chuckle.

“You didn’t hear him yesterday. ‘Since we’re only friends, let’s just pretend it’s a regular night-out’,” she mimicked.

She looked her friends in the eye. “He does not like me and never will, so just quit your foolish antics and do something worthwhile for once.”

Ignoring the stinging words, Jieun opened again.

“But he-“

“Oh, hi Yixing!” Luhan called, waving enthusiastically. “Come sit!”

“Hey Luhan, Nana, Jieun.” Yixing moved over to the table and slid into the seat next to Luhan.

“Hey Hyerae,” he murmured softly, giving her one of his most gentle smiles.

Hyerae felt like she could melt on the spot.

“Hi!” Nana replied cheerfully, nudging Hyerae.

Hyerae stopped her love-struck staring and immediately mumbled a “Hello Yixing”.

“So, what are you all doing here?” Yixing asked. “Where’s Chanyeol?”

“I’m here because Jieun dragged me here, claiming she needed help on her history report, even though she’s not even working on it,” Luhan said resentfully, sending a look Jieun’s way. She stuck her tongue out playfully.

“Chanyeol’s younger cousins are visiting him today, so he was forced to stay home babysitting them,” Nana explained. “I’m here…. For the sake of being here.”

“Oooh.” Yixing nodded in understanding. “Well, since we’re all here, how ‘bout we go grab something to eat?”

“Sure! That’s a great ide-“ Luhan jumped up Immediately, desperate to leave the library.

“Actually…” Jieun interrupted him, the wheels turning quickly in her head as she came up with another plot to possibly get the two of her best friends to realize each others’ feelings. “Hyerae has a date with her boyfriend later on in the evening, so Nana and I are going over to her house to help her prepare.”

Hyerae, who had been shamelessly staring at the love of her life, immediately snapped her head towards her best friend.

The expression on her face was a clear painting of confusion, anger, and despair.

Why, oh why, do I have such annoying friends?

“Boyfriend?” Yixing asked, surprised. “Didn’t you two just set her up on a ‘blind date’ with me yesterday?”

“About that…” Nana said quickly, catching on. “We actually didn’t know Hyerae had a boyfriend, so we pretty much forced her into it. We found out after Luhan told you about the date.”

“I see…” Yixing glanced from Nana to Hyerae, smiling, those adorable dimples showing. “Well, congratulations, best friend! Finally, you get your first boyfriend!”

“I...”

Hyerae’s mind, which was previously intent on denying the words of her friends’, fell blank as Yixing bestowed his dazzling smile on her.

Damn. That was always my weakness.

“Hmm?” Yixing leaned forward, confused. “Sorry, I didn’t catch what you just said.”

“I…”

“She means to say that she was sorry for not telling you earlier and making you go through the blind date with her,” Nana said hastily. “It’s our fault, really.”

“It’s alright,” Yixing laughed. “Nothing happened, anyways.”

“I…”

“We really need to go,” Jieun said, standing up. “Her, uh, boyfriend’s picking her up at five.”

“But it’s only twelve right now,” Luhan said idly, resuming his game.

She stomped on his foot as she walked past him, eliciting a soft hiss from him.

“Well, you know, girls need time to prepare,” Jieun replied, smiling sweetly. “Come on, Hyerae, Nana, let’s go.”

“I…”

Nana rolled her eyes before dragging Hyerae to her feet and out the library door, calling out a ‘Goodbye’ to the two boys.

“I…,” Hyerae began again, before blinking and realizing what just had happened. “JIEUN!”

“Huh? What?” Jieun asked, not looking up from her phone, as she was speed-texting someone.

“SINCE WHEN DID I GET A BOYFRIEND?” Hyerae shrieked.

“Since a few minutes ago,” Nana replied.

“WHY DID YOU TELL YIXING THAT?”

“Why shouldn’t I tell Yixing that?” Jieun asked sharply, finally looking at Hyerae with a serious expression. “Why should you care about whether or not he knows? After all, as you had so firmly insisted, he would never like you. Then, what’s there to lose?”

“But… but… That’s… lying,” Hyerae stated lamely.

“We’re humans, Hyerae. We can afford to lie a few times in our lives. Besides, this lie may probably lead you to the best present you’d ever receive from us in your life.”

“…What?” Hyerae asked dumbly, not understanding what Jieun meant.

“I just texted Luhan and informed him of what we were doing,” Jieun said to Nana, ignoring Hyerae.

“Good. Now… we have to find her a boyfriend…” Nana looked Hyerae up and down.

“…Can someone tell me what’s going on here?” Hyerae asked, feeling self-conscious from Nana’s unblinking eyes.

“You, my friend, are going to make Yixing jealous with your boyfriend,” Jieun announced, a confident smile appearing on her face.

If Jieun was expecting a big, enthusiastic response from Hyerae, she did not get it.

Hyerae simply gawked at her, wondering why her friends were such nosy-bodies and can’t just mind their own damned business.

“Um… Earth to Hyerae,” Nana said, waving a hand in front of her face.

Hyerae snapped out of her reverie and her face turned furious. “Are. You. Guys. Serious?” She gritted out.

“Uh, yeah,” Jieun replied nonchalantly.

Why can’t you guys just mind your own business and leave me alone?” Hyerae whimpered miserably, sinking to the floor, disregarding the fact that they were in the parking lot of a library.

Although Jieun’s heart broke to see her friend like this, she knew in the long run, this would be for the better.

“If,” Jieun began. “If Yixing once again has no reaction, whatsoever, to this, we will stop our meddling. But, you have to go through this one last time.”

Hyerae groaned again, still not getting up from the concrete.

“Come on, Hyerae. One last time,” Nana prodded gently. “Believe us.”

With a sigh, Hyerae stood up, giving in to her best friends.

“Trust me, this isn’t going to work,” she warned.

“Don’t worry, of course it will,” Jieun said confidently. “First, we need to get you a ‘boyfriend’ though.”

“And who would that be?” Hyerae inquired, raising an eyebrow.

“Aha! I know just the person. And don’t worry, he definitely will not fall in love with you,” Nana said reassuringly.

Hyerae could only sigh once more, wondering what kind of trouble she had just gotten herself into.

“Hello, Byunghyun? Can you do me a favor?”

Nana’s phone-call only made Hyerae even more anxious.

 

---

 

“I really don’t want to do this.”

Hyerae fidgeted nervously, tugging at her shirt, then at her hair, then back at her shirt, as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

“Oh, calm down,” Byunghyun said, leaning casually against the wall surrounding their school, scrolling through his phone. “It’s just a quick greeting. It’s not like we have to declare our love for each other in front of him or something.”

He gave a quick laugh at the word love and shrugged a little, obviously feeling quite amused with the whole matter.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, HE’S HERE!” Hyerae shrieked, immediately grabbing Byunhyung’s shoulders, shoving him off the wall and hiding behind him, her fists tight around his jacket.

“Hey, watch it, watch it. This shirt was expensive!” Byunghyun protested, turning his head to scold Hyerae, just as she let out a small whimper and buried her face into his back.

Bewildered, he turned around, only to see Zhang Yixing, the boy his friend had apparently been pining after and one of his old classmates that he had grown quite fond of.

Oh, this was going to be so much fun.

“Hey, Yixing,” he said casually, a smirk playing dangerously about his lips.

Hyerae stiffened as she heard his slow drawl, knowing that he was definitely up to something. He grabbed her wrist roughly and dragged her out from behind him and pushed her so she was facing Yixing.

“H-hi.”

Her voice came out in a high-pitched squeak, and she felt her face burn. Struggling to not break out in chortles, Byunghyun moved to her side and wrapped an arm around her, affectionately squeezing her shoulders.

“Hi, Byunghyun! It’s been a while since we’ve talked,” Yixing said good-naturedly, his dimples showing as he gave him a bright smile. “Hi, Hyerae!”

“Yup,” Byunghyun agreed. “Well, that gives me the opportunity to introduce you to my girlfriend, Hyerae.”

He felt Hyerae tense under his arm and nudged her, reminding her to smile. She plastered on a grin and nodded nervously, looking up at Byunghyun with an expression that spelled help me.

Byunghyun just smiled sweetly at her, before turning to Yixing, his grin growing wider, for he saw Yixing’s blank expression. As Yixing noticed Byunghyun looking at him, he carefully composed himself, replacing it with a mildly surprised look.

“Girlfriend?” Yixing asked slowly, his eyes flashing towards Hyerae for a split second, before settling on Byunghyun again. “Congratulations… the both of you.”

“Thank you!” Byunghyun replied appreciatively, before leaning to place a chaste kiss on Hyerae’s hair, feeling her grip on his jacket tighten.

He removed her hand from his shirt and held it in his hand instead. Then, he turned to smile at Yixing again, not missing the blank look in his eyes.

“If you’ll excuse us,” Byunghyun began, leading Hyerae away. “We’re going on a date.”

With a slight wave, Yixing nodded and bid them goodbye.

“Oh my god, I think I’m going to faint,” Hyerae wheezed when they turned the corner.

She ripped her hand out of Byunghyun’s and brought it to her heart, trying to calm down her rapid breathing.

“Chill, it wasn’t so bad, right?”

He gave her a cheeky grin, only to earn a light smack on the arm and a relieved sigh from Hyerae.

“I was freaking out the whole time!”

“It’s okay, I handled everything with ease,” he said with a snap of his fingers.

Hyerae, unable to resist the laughter bubbling in her chest, broke out chortling at her friend’s ridiculous actions. Byunghyun only shook his head and gave a few small chuckles and protests as she steadied herself by grabbing onto the front of his shirt again.

“Hey, hey, watch the shirt!”

When she made no move to pull away, he only sighed and decided to let her molest his shirt until she stopped laughing. Suddenly, a slight movement in his peripheral vision caught his eye. Tilting his head slightly, he managed to reconfirm his suspicions without making himself too obvious.

Then, with a deadly Cheshire Cat grin, he lightly tapped Hyerae’s shoulder.

“W-what?” She asked, her voice still hysterical with laughter.

“Hyerae,” he breathed softly, leaning in.

Her laughter stopped abruptly as her eyes doubled in size, until she saw the small crinkle of his eyes and his pupil flicking towards the right. She followed his gaze discreetly and softly gasped as she saw his object of interest. With even wider eyes (if that was possible), she looked back at him. He gave a small nod of confirmation, before moving even close to her. She slowly closed her eyes, her breath hitching and her heart pounding erratically in her chest. Byunghyun placed his hand on the back of her neck, and twisted them around before stopping his lips mere centimeters away from her.

They both heard the foot steps leaving.

Once the sounds faded away, they broke apart, Hyerae looking as if she was about to have a heart attack again.

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly, not wanting to be blamed and chewed out by Nana and Jieun.

“I can’t believe I did that!” She shrieked, her arms flailing all over the place, nearly missing Byunghyun.

“Did what?”

“I almost kissed you!”

“Emphasis on the almost.”

“Oh my god, Yixing saw it!”

“…That was the point…”

“W-what if he thinks it was real??”

That was the point!

“Oh my god, he’s going to hate me for life!”

“…Chill, why would he hate you?”

Byunghyun’s rational, logical statement knocked Hyerae out of her panicked state.

Oh right. Why would he hate me for kissing another guy? She thought glumly as she slumped against the wall.

Noticing his friend’s change in expression, Byunghyun placed his arm around Hyerae and patted her softly.

“It’s alright. If he does love you, he’s probably burning with jealousy right now,” he said lightly.

Hyerae gave a small snort in disbelief.

“Jieun and Nana should know that this is all futile,” she muttered angrily, blowing her bangs up agitatedly.

“Hey, you never know,” Byunghyun chided gently, a small attempt to comfort her.

Hyerae merely scoffed before stalking away, leaving Byunghyun shaking his head at her childish behavior.

 

---

 

“Ayo, Yixing, waddhup!”

Chanyeol’s deep, booming voice shook Yixing out of his reverie as he let himself in Luhan’s house.

Yixing blinked at Chanyeol, who was lounging on the couch, before blurting out, “What are you doing here?”

Chanyeol gasped in mock disbelief and clutched at his heart. “How can you say that? I… I never knew I was so unwelcome here! I thought we were friends!”

“Quit being such a drama queen,” Luhan scolded, exiting the kitchen with two cans of orange juice, bonking Chanyeol on the side of the head with one.

“Hey, hey, I’m a drama king. King!” Chanyeol emphasized the masculine word with a small pout.

Luhan handed him the orange juice with a small laugh, before settling on the couch next to Chanyeol and turning to Yixing.

“Hey, Yixing. Come sit.” Luhan pointed at the small armchair placed diagonally next to the couch.

Yixing shuffled over, dropping down onto the chair and tossed his phone onto the table.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked, not missing the rare look of frustration on his best friend’s face.

“Nothing,” Yixing muttered unconvincingly.

Luhan and Chanyeol both looked at each other, grinning slightly.

Looks like the plan was going well.

“Fine, we won’t ask about it then,” Chanyeol said casually, reaching for a slice of apple and winking at Luhan, before subtly steering the conversation towards their designated topic. “So… Did you meet Hyerae’s boyfriend?”

Luhan and Chanyeol both saw the way Yixing stiffened, though still in his slouched position.

“Yeah,” he replied flatly.

“Byunghyun, right? What do you think of them?” Luhan asked lightly.

Yixing hesitated for a while, before carefully picking his words. “They’re very… sweet together.”

“As much as Chanyeol and Nana?” Luhan teased, nudging Chanyeol who pushed him back.

Yixing laughed. “Nah, not as bad as them.”

“Hey! It’s called showing your love, okay?” Chanyeol protested. “Unlike Luhan and Jieun. You two argue all day long.”

“That’s because we already know each other’s feelings,” Luhan said, smacking Chanyeol on the head.

“Anyways,” Chanyeol continued, rubbing his head and shooting Luhan a dirty look. “Are you sure you’re… fine with this?”

“Of course,” Yixing said dully.

“Are you sure…?” Luhan asked again.

“Yes, I’m sure,” Yixing replied. “I don’t like her anymore.”

“Liar,” Luhan accused.

“I don’t!” Yixing insisted. “That was a few years ago. Whether or not she has a boyfriend doesn’t have anything to do with me.”

“Then why does your face look like you just ate a sour lemon?” Chanyeol shot back.

“I’m just tired,” Yixing said wearily, rubbing his eyes. “I stayed up late finishing a science report.”

“No you didn’t. You finished your science report a last week,” Luhan said. He sighed and moved closer to Yixing. “Come on, Yixing. If you want her, just go and whisk her away.”

“I told you, I don’t like Hyearae,” Yixing repeated through clenched teeth, his exasperation showing.

“Then what is this?”

Luhan grabbed the cellphone that Yixing had thrown on the table and flipped it open. Hyerae’s picture of her bending over her homework appeared on the screen. Yixing glanced at it and sighed, grabbing a cushion and burying his face in it.

“Yixing, if you don’t like her, why did you set her picture as your wallpaper?” Luhan asked, making his voice a few notches gentler.

“Shut up, I did it a few years ago,” Yixing mumbled.

“And kept it like that for a few years,” Chanyeol pointed out. “You still didn’t change it. Come on, Yixing, just face it. You still like her, despite what you said about giving up on her.”

“So what?” Yixing threw the cushion across the room. “She has a boyfriend now, right? She’s happy now, right? What else can I do? What else can I ask for?”

Luhan and Chanyeol fell into silence, exchanging glances, unable to answer their friend’s question.

“Then Yixing, will you promise me something?” Chanyeol finally spoke up.

“What?” Yixing asked glumly.

“If, and I’m saying if, a chance comes to you to be with Hyerae, promise me that you won’t let it go,” Chanyeol pleaded.

“I know, I agree with Chanyeol,” Luhan chimed in. “It’s frustrating seeing you look at her with those love struck eyes, and being too scared to actually confess.”

Yixing punched Luhan on the arm before turning to Chanyeol.

“Yeah, I promise. If I have another chance, I’ll definitely not let it go.”

 

---

 

Bounce. Bounce. Fake. Toss.

Whoosh.

Score.

 

Yixing grabbed the basketball as it bounced towards him and tossed it to Luhan, before dropping onto the ground.

“We’ve been playing for three hours already,” Luhan panted. “Can we stop now?”

“I know right, Yixing,” Chanyeol complained, flopping down next to him. “I’m supposed to call Nana in ten minutes.”

“You guys can go home first,” Yixing muttered, lying down and placing his arm over his eyes. “I’m going to stay here for a little longer.”

Luhan and Chanyeol both sighed before lying down next to him.

“Hey, best friends stick together, right?” Luhan said.

“I thought that only applied for girls,” Chanyeol put in.

“Shut up, Chanyeol.”

Yixing laughed breathlessly, silently thanking God for blessing him with such good friends. The three of them laid there for a long time, ten minutes, twenty minutes, an hour maybe. The three of them laid there silently, listening to the chirping of crickets and each others’ breathing.

So get out, get out, get out of my head, and fall into my arms instead. I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is, but I need that one thing, and you’ve got that one thing.

Luhan snickered and asked, “Who put their ringtone as One Direction?”

A smack came from Yixing’s direction, and the song was soon cut off as Yixing answered his phone.

“Hello?” He sat up. “Jieun?”

Luhan smirked, knowing that the plan was underway and nudged Chanyeol.

“What?”

Luhan and Chanyeol could hear the hysteria escalating in Yixing’s voice as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Where is she? Okay, I’ll get there right away.”

Yixing immediately stood up and faced his friends.

“I’m leaving first.”

And without another word, before Luhan and Chanyeol can ask what’s wrong (even though they know), Yixing breaks out running full speed, despite the long hours of basketball.

Because after all, when Hyerae needs him, he’d even drag himself out from the depths of hell.

 

---

 

“Jieun?”

“Y-yixing, can you do me a favor?”

Jieun’s shaky voice was picked up by Yixing, and his attention immediately sharpened.

“What?”

“Hyerae just called me a few minutes ago, telling me to pick her up right away. I think something happened with her boyfriend, and oh my god, I’m just so scared, because she was crying, and I’m just so afraid to find out what happened. My mother isn’t letting me out of the house right now, so can you pick her up for me?”

“Where is she?” Yixing asked desperately.

“At the park at the left of our school.”

Yixing tore down the streets, sweat soaking his shirt. No thoughts passed through his mind, but Hyerae, Hyerae, Hyerae.

He turned the corner and paused for a minute, eyes sweeping frantically down the street for Hyerae’s figure. He saw a silhouette standing near a lamp post and immediately ran towards it.

He slowed down as he neared it, and Hyerae came into view. She was standing, leaning against the lamp post, watching him.

“Hye…rae…”

“Yixing,” she whispered, stepping towards him.

He was vaguely aware of his ragged breathing, of the thin line of eyeliner Hyerae had on, and of the light blush splayed across her cheeks, as she moved closer and closer to him, until they were centimeters apart, and he could feel the warmth radiating from her.

“What- I thought- Where’s Byunghyun?” Yixing asked, his voice hoarse from the run.

“He’s not here.”

“But Jieun said something happened with your boyfriend.”

“He’s not my boyfriend, and Jieun was lying.”

He’s not my boyfriend, and Jieun was lying.

“Then… why’d you call me out here?” Yixing asked hesitantly, almost as if he was scared to find out the answer.

“I wanted to ask you a question.”

“What is it?” He breathed.

“What if…” Hyerae stepped even closer, and Yixing could almost count her eyelashes. “What if I told you I loved you?”

What if I told you I loved you?

Yixing swallowed thickly as the words rang loud and clear in his mind.

What if I told you I loved you?

“I…”

Yixing’s words caught in his throat as Hyerae raised her eyes took look up at him through her lashes.

“Do you like me, Yixing?” She whispered.

Silence ensued, unwillingly prolonged, and Yixing desperately searched for his voice to reply with Yes, yes, of course, I love you.

Finally, Hyerae dropped her eyes and stepped away.

“Oh.”

The simple word tore Yixing’s heart apart, and he wanted to deny it, tell her she was misunderstanding, that she was his light, his angel, his world, but he couldn’t find his voice, he couldn’t open his mouth. It was as if God was teasing him and mocking him, not letting him have the love of his life.

“I understand,” she said softly, turning around. “I-I won’t bother you again.”

She began walking away, leaving Yixing standing alone, trying to find the courage to run after her.

“Wait!” He yelled, his voice finally returning to him, much to his relief. “Wait, Hyerae.”

He ran after her and grabbed her wrist, stopping her. She didn’t turn around.

“Please, Hyerae. Turn around,” he pleaded.

Hyerae hesitated for a moment before turning around slowly, her eyes fixed to the ground.

“Hyerae, look at me,” he said in a low voice.

Her breath hitched, and she looked up at last.

“I love you.”

I love you.

Yixing couldn’t believe how easy it was to say those words, how smooth they rolled off his tongue. He couldn’t believe that he waited so many years to finally say them to the girl he loved.

He couldn’t believe how hard it was waiting for Hyerae to reply, to give an indication that she had heard him.

Then, the tears came.

“Wh-what? Why are you crying? Please, please don’t cry,” he said desperately, flailing his arms around, not sure of what to do.

Suddenly, she hugged him, burying her face in his chest as she sobbed. Without another thought, he returned to gesture, wrapping his arms around her protectively.

“I’m sorry,” he said, her hair. “I should’ve told you a long time ago, but I was an idiot and a coward. There’s so much I want to say to you, how I always think of you, how I want to hug you every time you feel down, how I-“

Hyerae pulled away and cut him off, pressing her lips to his. Yixing responded immediately, placing his hand behind her neck.

The kiss was watery, sweet, and innocent, filled with years of unspoken loves and wants.

“Idiot,” she said shakily, biting her lip to stop herself from grinning wide.

Yixing laughed sheepishly and rubbed his head self consciously.

“I love you too,” she whispered shyly.

With a smile, he leaned in and kissed her again.

Fireworks, balloons, love songs. Nothing has ever felt so sweet.

 

---2 months later---

 

“Yixing?” Hyerae asked, looking at his phone curiously.

“Hmm?”

“Why is the fifteen year old me your cell phone wallpaper?”

Yixing’s head shot up from his book, and he lunged for his phone, wrestling it away from her.

“W-why were you looking through my phone?!” He demanded, face flushing red.

Hyerae shrugged.

“I was curious, and you were too busy reading to notice.”

Yixing blew his bangs out of his face exasperatedly, before smirking evilly as he spotted her cell phone lying on the couch beside her. He immediately grabbed it, and Hyerae let out a shriek.

“Give it back!” She insisted.

“Never!”

He stuck his tongue out at her playfully before flipping it open. His eyes grew wide as he saw a picture of him in his sophomore year. He closed the phone quietly and turned to look at Hyerae, her face tinged pink.

“Idiot, who said you co-“

Yixing snuck his arm around her waist and planted a kiss on her lips, before leaning his forehead to hers.

“I love you so much.”

“…Idiot.”

“An idiot you love,” Yixing pointed out.

Hyerae rolled her eyes.

“Whatever. Just kiss me again.”

“Gladly.”

Yixing smiled before he leaned in again.

 

The legend goes that if you take a picture of someone you like on Valentine’s Day, and put it as your cell phone wallpaper for the whole day, that person will fall for you.

 

_______________

A/N: I had this uploaded, but the html coding HAD to fk up, so there was all kinds of

But yeah. I'm finally done.

This story was like, sitting in my pile of unfinished stories for centuries or something, before I finally decided to write it again, some time last week, lol.

I apologize for the lame storyline and mediocre writing ;___;

It broke my heart finishing this today, because Yixing is hurt, and when he's hurt, my heart hurts ;___; I hope he feels better, oh my gosh.

How come it keeps messing up >:O I can't un-italicize the words, I'm going to cry, omg. It keeps turning italicized >:O

Note to requestor: I hope this is to your liking ;____; It's not that good, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry that Chanyeol and Nana didn't have much screentime. And I'm just sorry in general for the really lame storyline. Lol.

Join my one-shot contest for kpop merch guys! 
✶ chase me to the e n d