Love Like Coffee

Holly's Gallery of Random Drabbles/One-shots

Love like C o f f e e

Pairing: Luhan + OC (Eunmi)

Genre: AU, Romance

Rating: All ages

Word Count: 726


“Someone once told me that a well-brewed cup of coffee was bitter, with just a tinge of sweetness that leaves you craving for more.

A well-brewed cup of coffee was warm, just like a lover’s embrace.”

The young teenager sitting on the stool in front of me spun around in her chair, blowing a bubble from her gum, idly watching me bustle around making her a cup of coffee.

“Who is this ‘someone’?” She asked, taking the mug I presented to her and inspected the plaid pattern with interest.

“…Someone who has taught me a lot.”

“Where’s this person now?”

“…Gone,” I said simply, my voice turning soft and wistful, and my eyes trailed towards the sunny window.

“Gone where?”

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “I…really don’t know.”

She frowned at me, bemused, but didn’t question it. She nodded and hopped off the stool, giving me a wave and an I’ll see you later, Thank you.

 

I continued making coffees for the stream of customers that came in, until the sun had gone down. I gave a small sigh before checking the time

10:30

“Sehun-ah, you can go now,” I called while heading to the kitchen.

Receiving no answer, I shrugged to myself and untied my apron, hanging it neatly on the hook.

“Boss, someone requests your coffee,” Sehun chirped, walking into the kitchen while ing his uniform.

I grabbed a dish rag and threw it at him.

“Go to the changing room, you shameless boy!” I scolded.

He pouted and kicked the rag back towards me.

“Hey! But the customer wants you to make him a cup of coffee.”

“Tell him we’re closed,” I stated, turning towards the changing room.

“But boooosss,” he whined.

“Go on, little boy. Listen to your boss.”

“You’re only a few years older than me! It’s not fair!” He protested. “And he really wants to drink your coffee. Like, really!”

“So? You go make him a cup. I’ve been working for over twelve hours.”

“So have I!”

“I don’t care!”

“…Eunmi-noona… Come on… I have a date!”

I glanced at the clock and then back at him, amused.

“This late?”

He nodded vigorously, giving me his puppy eyes.

“We’re going to go catch a late movie! I’m almost late!” He pleaded, rubbing his hands in prayer position.

I rolled my eyes, teasing him a little by pretending as if I was still thinking the idea over.

“Hmm…”

“Please, Eunmi-noona! I’ll buy you lunch tomorrow!”

“…Call. Now go change in the changing room and meet up with your girlfriend, gosh.”

I sighed again, before shuffling out to the counter, fixing up a cup of coffee, while watching the person who had ordered it out of the corner of my eye.

He was sitting at the far corner, staring out the large window, his hood pulled low over his face. Wisps of bleached, blonde bangs peaked out from under the fabric, as he angled his head to place on his hand.

“Here you go,” I said, bringing the cup over to him and carefully setting it on the table.

He didn’t reply and took a small step, still turned slightly away from me. I looked at him curiously, eager for his comment on the coffee. After all, he had specifically asked for the owner to make it for him.

“So…?” I asked, after a minute of silence.

“A well-brewed cup of coffee,” he began, a smile evident in his voice. “Is bitter, with a tinge of sweetness that leaves you craving for more.”

He turned around, facing me with that adorable eye smile that I had missed so much. I felt a numbness coursing through my bones, shock filling every vein of mine. My eyes widened, phrases like it can’t be and I’m just dreaming, I know zooming through my mind full-speed, before crashing into the brick wall of reality.

Then, I felt the burning in my eyes.

“It’s been a lot time, Eunmi.”

He stood up and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me to his chest tightly. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face, and my arms were around his waist.

 

A well-brewed cup of coffee is warm, just like a lover’s embrace.

 

“It’s me, Luhan.”

_____________________

A/N: Aiiee, the sweetness is getting to me, lol. Thought of this when I was supposed to be writing something else. It was one of those ideas that you couldn't really expand on but too good to erase, so this came out.

Lol.

Yes, my Exo-M bias is Luhan.

I think. I don't know anymore. Freakin' Lay ruining my bias for Exo-M. And Kai ruining my bias for Exo-K. And everyone just being a btch and not letting me have a bias.

Speaking of Lay, please read my other one-shot about him xD.

Watching Freedom Fly

I'm suddenly writing in first person again @_@