Song One: She is your girlfriend right now (Girlfriend) -- Wonder Girls

Stick With You (One-Shot Collection)
song one: girlfriend (wonder girls)

Her slender fingers wrapped around the skinny body of the inky fountain pen as she concentrated on the documents in front of her. After reading the first three lines of the contract, she tossed down the pen and leaned back in her chair. She covered her eyes and used her other hand to pinch the bridge of her nose before suddenly shooting up with an exasperated sigh.
 
“Minzy, get me another cup of coffee.” She called out in her husky voice as she paced around the room, hoping that the piercing headache attacking her would go away soon. It didn’t, and in addition to her frustration, her young assistant never responded to her last request.
 
“Gong Minzy!” She shouted with full force that was deadly enough to scare the daylights out of most people. When Kwon Yuri was mad, she wasn’t just mad, she was furious and ready to attack who she was pissed off at. The thought of how cute and innocent her eighteen year old assistant was didn’t help ease her anger. Yuri stormed over to her door and flung it open.
 
“Min—” She needn’t continue her sentence because as she peered out at the open office, there was not a single soul there, “Aish, that girl; she should’ve told me she left already.”
 
Yuri muttered out complaints about Minzy before walking over to the dark break room. Just hours ago, it had been filled with exhausted workers getting a ten minute break and coffee, now, it was deserted. Yuri the lights and reached for a clean mug near the sink and rinsed it once before grabbing a packet of coffee mix and emptying it into her cup. She filled the cup with hot water and set it on the counter to brew for a bit. In the meantime, she occupied herself by staring off into space and wondering why the building was so empty. Normally, there would be at least one or two overtime workers like her in the office. With slumped shoulders, she reread the date on the calendar and let out a snort.
 
Of course it would be empty today—
 
—it was Valentine’s day.
 
All of the couples were already off in a romantic candlelit restaurant while the optimistic singles attended some kind of speed-dating party. It was only the sullen Yuri who detested any mention of romance who had nothing to do. Suddenly, she felt sick and she emptied the coffee cup without a second thought.
 
If everyone else was out having fun, she should do the same. Without another word, she marched back to her office and packed her belongings. Once done, she plopped down onto her chair and reached for her phone and dialed Tiffany’s number.
 
“Hello? Yul?” She could hear loud music blaring from her friend’s side of the line.
 
“Fany,” Yuri chirped back in a feigned happy tone, “where are you?”
 
“Me? I uh—” Yuri made out the nervousness in her friend’s voice and knew what she was going to say, “—I’m with Junsu right…I’m sorry Yul, you said you didn’t want to go out on V-day so—”
 
“It’s okay Fany,” Yuri cut her friend off and leaned back in her chair, “I’ll find something else to do.”
 
“Try calling up Sica,” Tiffany answered in a hopeful tone, “I heard Jaebeom and her had a fight yesterday; she should be free today if they’re still mad.”
 
“Alright, thanks Fany. Have fun.” She said before hanging up. Yuri didn’t need to call Jessica; just this morning, her friend had texted her about the romantic surprise Jaebeom had left her. Her other six friends were no help either: Taeyeon and Wooyoung, Sooyoung and Chansung, Sunny and Sungmin, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, Yoona and Taecyeon, Seohyun and Younghwa. Everyone was couple up with someone expect her.
 
It hadn’t always been like this…just a year ago she would’ve been just like her friends.
 
Unconsciously, she unlocked her phone and scrolled down to one name. Her fingers grazed over the name over and over again, and before she knew it, she had accidentally pressed onto the number and was calling him.
 
His ringtone hasn’t changed…
 
That was the first thing he noticed as the familiar tune of ‘Without You’ from 2PM blasted into her ears. She knew she should hang up before he picked up—she really should’ve—but she didn’t want to. Deep inside, she missed him, she missed him like crazy.
 
“Hello?” She almost choked up when the familiar accented Korean filled her ears. Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes at the voice.
 
And all at once, the memories came rushing in.
 
Her…Kwon Yuri
 
And him…Nichkhun Horvejkul

- 2010 –
“Come on Yuri, we’re going to be late!” Yoona tugged at her friend’s arm to get her to move faster.
 
“Come on Yoona,” Yuri rolled her eyes at her overreacting friend. Yoona and Taecyeon had been going out for a steady four months and it wouldn’t put a dent in their relationship if Yoona was three seconds late this time, “relax a bit will you?”
 
“If only you didn’t insist on finishing that damn project of yours~” Yoona continued to rant, “Jesus Yuri, that project is due two months from now and you’re still so keen on finishing it today! You’re such a workaholic—I wonder if you’ll ever get a boyfriend like this.”
 
“I don’t need a boyfriend.” Yuri haughtily said; she hated it when her friends about her single status.
 
“Tell me that when you’re in your thirties.” Yoona snapped but then brightened up when they finally reached the door of Starbucks. She quickly opened the door and rushed in, leaving Yuri behind to almost get slammed by the closing door. Yuri shot out curses to her best friend and quickly filed in after Yoona, who was already leaping towards the table where two guys sat at. Yuri slowed to a stop at the table and watched as Yoona sat next to Taecyeona dn eagerly pointed at the empty seat next to a blonde haired boy. Yuri inwardly groaned; Yoona was probably trying to set her up again.
 
Still, she forced on a smile and politely greeted Taecyeon and his Thai friend by the name of Nichkhun.
 
“He just settled down here,” Taecyeon explained for Nichkhun, “but I’ve been busy with work and Yoona so I cant show him around. Do you mind showing him around?”
 
Yuri fidgeted in her seat when she caught Yoona’s pointed look. She turned to Nichkhun and glanced warily at him. He stared back at her with a hopeful expression. To be honest, Yuri couldn’t find a flaw in the Thai prince yet; he had been better than all of the other introductions from Yoona.
 
“Well, if Yuri-ssi is too busy then it is fine.” Nichkhun spoke up in an accented Korean. Yuri smiled a bit, touched by his kindness.
 
“Aniyo—it’s not too much trouble.” She answeredand reached for her phone to exchange number with Nichkhun. From the corner of her eye, she spotted the TaecYoon couple proudly exchange high-fives. It wasn’t often when Yuri accepted the offer to go out with her presented partner and they were truly excited for their friend. Yur, on the other hand, was soon happy she agreed as the rest of the coffee double date made her even more attracted to the foreign boy. After Starbucks, Yuri and Nichkhun hurriedly made plans for the upcoming weeks and in a matter of months, the two had tied down a knot and Yuri had joined her friends in dating. Their once black hole in relationships had finally filled. Yuri finally found bliss outside of work with Nichkhun, who always managed to set up events that sparkled in her heart. The newfound Khunri couple were unbreakable and they were soon proclaimed the most romantic out of all their couples, in courtesy of Nichkhun’s insane amounts of surprises for his always stressed out darling.

- 2011 –
But as the Khunri couple reached their one year mark, troubles started arise. Yuri’s company suddenly merged with another top fashion company and Yuri was held back by work more and more often. Dates were blown off constanyl and even good mannered Nichkhun was starting to become annoyed at Yuri’s answer.
 
“I think I have to cancel; I have another meeting in ten minutes”
 
Nichkhun had never minded Yuri’s workaholic side; it was what attracted him to her to be honest. He had never met such a hardworking and determined woman in his life and whatever Yuri did, it was always done to perfection. Nichkhun had been proud at the records Yuri set off at work, but after a year of it, he began to loathe it. Nichkhun longed to be like the lovey dovey TaecYoon who always ate dinner together every night or even the bickering JaySica with Jessica demanding for constant attention. Nichkhun wished that Yuri would care more for their relationship, but as always, work was set before that. And then one day, Nichkhun decided he had enough.
 
On a windy day late in October, Nichkhun finally managed to arrange a dinner with Yuri at a local diner. The place wasn’t romantic and instead presented an eerie feeling which was what he needed. The restaurant was dark enough so he wouldn’t need to see too much of Yuri’s pained expression. Even though he decided to end things with her, he still loved her. She was still that Kwon Yuri he loved to see, loved to hold, loved to kiss, but she was also that Kwon Yuri who he couldn’t stand being with. Nichkhun was an affectionate type of guy and he knew that he needed a just as desperate woman to be with. Strong-willed Yuri wasn’t the type he could stand a lifetime with. Rather than pulling the strings for another year, he might as well cut it off and let the two of them grow apart.
 
“Sorry oppa, I got held back.” Yuri said in a rushed voice as she quickly sat down in the chair across from him, “Oppa?”
 
She waved her hand in front of her boyfriend, who blinked back in surprise and forced out a smile.
 
“So, what are we eating?” Yuri asked as she grabbed a menu and flipped through it, “Siwon oppa is calling a late night meeting in two hours for the next season’s collection and I have to be there—”
 
‘Yuri,” Nichkhun easily cut in, “relax and enjoy this meal okay/”
 
Yuri looked up from her menu and smiled apologetically, “I’m sorry oppa, work has just been hitting me hard.”
 
Nichkhun shook his head and swallowed the lump in his throat.
 
This was going to be hard.
 
Dinner soon flew by leaving a worried Nichkhun and suspicious Yuri to walk outside the restaurant to kill some time. All during the meal, Yuri felt Nichkhun’s strange and stiff attitude and it worried her. He was normally initiating conversations, but today she had done all the work.
 
“Oppa, what’s going on?” Yuri pulled at Nichkhun to a stop. He immediately halted and turned to stare at Yuri seriously.
 
“Yuri-ah,” he reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze, “I have something to say.”
 
Yuri tilted her head in a curious manner and watched him with dark eyes. This mood was too tense; she hated it.
 
“I—let’s break up.” Yuri blinked back at him, shocked and star struck.
 
‘You’re joking right oppa. This isn’t funny.” Yuri roughly shoved off his hand and shot him a deadly look. Nichkhun ran a hand through his now brown hair and sighed.        
 
“I know it isn’t funny Yuri…because I mean it.” Nichkhun said softly and Yuri froze.
 
Numerous ideas came flying through her head as to why they were breaking up and her mind instantly grasped onto one thought.
 
“Who’s the other girl?” Yuri demanded, crossing her arms as she eyed him crossly.
 
Nichkhun gaped at her, dumbfounded that she would even think of him that way.
 
“Kwon Yuri—do you think of me as the type to cheat?!” Anger filled through him and he watched her panic.
 
“I—It’s not that I think of you that way,” her voice softened as she tried to explain, “—I’m just lost at why you want to break up; we’re doing well and—”
 
“Doing well?” Nichkhun repeated, “Doing well? Yuri, well off couples doesn’t blow each other off almost every other night.”
 
“I wasn’t blowing you off!” Yuri shouted back at him with her fists clenched at her sides, “I was working! You know that!”
 
“And that’s why I’m breaking up with you!” Nichkhun said in a flurry, “You care for work more than me!”
 
“That’s not true!” Yuri countered and Nichkhun shot her a look of disbelief.
 
“Prove it.”
 
“How?”
 
“Go to work tomorrow and take a month long vacation with me to go back to Thailand.”
 
Yuri studied the serious expression Nichkhun was wearing and knew she had to make a choice this instance. The answer was either going to save her relationship and sabotage her work or the other way around. She let out a tired sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.
 
“Oppa—” Her voice sounded weak and fragile and Nichkhun almost gave in to the saddened expression. He rested a hand on her shoulder and patted it.
 
“Yuri, please make your decision.”
 
Yuri looked down at her boots and then looked up again without a sound. Suddenly, her phone rang and she reached into the pockets of her trench coat and fished it out. She checked the screen and to her dismay, it was Siwon.
 
“H-Hello? Siwon oppa?” Nichkhun raised an eyebrow and gave her a strange look.
 
Yuri ignored it and looked down again, “Y-Yes, I’ll be at the meeting. N-No, it’s not too late, I don’t have any other plans.”
 
She watched as Nichkhun’s face darkened and felt the rush of guilt and sorrow run through her. When she hung up, Nichkhun had already taken a good distance back to part from her.
 
“Oppa—”
 
“—You don’t have to say anything Yuri.” Nichkhun cut off any explanations or excuses Yuri was about to offer, “Work is your priority and I respect that. Good luck with work.”
 
Yuri swallowed back the tears that were beginning to form. She didn’t want this, she loved him, and she knew he loved her. Still, as she watched with watery eyes at her new ex-boyfriend, she managed to choke up a congratulatory statement.
 
“Good luck finding that one woman that you truly deserve.” Nichkhun weakly smiled, but nodded.
 
“Thank you Yuri…for the past year.” And then he left without another word.
 
That day lived in infamy as Yuri never thought of another man romantically again. She busied herself with work to forget the pain and she indeed climbed up the ladders of the company quickly.

- present –
Still, she was not happy. After achieving executive director of one of the most prestigious fashion companies in all of South Korea, she was still not happy. She hated to admit it, but she was lonely, she longed for love, something she thought wasn’t important.
 
“Hello? Yuri?” Yuri wiped away a few tears that spilled down her face and forced on a smile even though Nichkhun couldn’t see it.
 
“Nichkhun-ssi,” she decided formality was needed since the two didn’t talk since their break up, “how have you been.”
 
She heard a round of laughter ring from his background and she paled. She suddenly felt reckless for suddenly calling Nichkhun.
 
“Oh—I’m sorry—are you busy right now?” She quickly stated and grasped onto the hems of her black pencil skirt.
 
“Oh—no, I’m just having a small V-Day party with a few friends. I’ve been doing fine…you?”
 
“I—Fine.” She finally decided to say and then shook her head, “Actually Nichkhun-ssi…I’ve been lonely.”
 
There was a brief pause from the other line and the only way she knew he was still on the line with her was his even breathing.
 
After what seemed like years, he spoke again, “Yuri—I—I don’t know what to say.”
 
She felt another round of tears form at her eyes.
 
“Oh—I didn’t mean for you to think—”
 
Before she could finish her statement, another voice caught her off guard.
 
“Khunnie? Who are you talking to? Come on, Luna wants us to take a group picture.”
 
“O-Okay, be right there Vic.” Yuri paled at the brief conversation and before Nichkhun could explain, she beat him to it.
 
“Looks like you found that girl after all.” Yuri bitterly said and she heard Nichkhun laugh awkwardly.
 
“Y-Yeah, I suppose so—and you…I saw you on TV the other night; executive director, you should be happy too.”
 
“Yeah, I am.” Yuri crossly said, “I-I have to go now. I’m meeting up with the girls.”
 
“Oh,” she heard a hint of disbelief in Nichkhun’s voice.
 
“Yeah,” Yuri quickly added, “Bye.”
 
“Bye—hey Yul?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I’m glad you called.” And then he hung up, leaving Yuri more miserable than before. She was terribly jealous of this “Vic” girl and how she claimed the man she loved.
 
Yuri was sad, angry, even furious at the matter.
 
Yuri wasn’t his girlfriend anymore…that girl, that Vic—
 
She was his girlfriend right now.  
Nichole Here!
OMG! This chapter finally is here.
All of you must hate me by now (since I never updated), but here is song one.
Please don't be mad, never mind, you all should be mad. I, not only not updated for the longest time ever, but made this an unhappy Khunri one-shot.
But I really couldn't help it!
Originally the first chapter was supposed to be about a fluffy V-Day event with the song "I'm Yours", but then I got lazy and didn't work on it and then Wonder Girls had their comeback! (if any of you know me, you'll know I'm a huge Wonderful)
Girlfriend is my fave. track off the new album so I couldn't help but base this one-shot on it. To make it up to you, I'm taking REQUESTS! Yes, you heard it right! The first three people that comment with a song they want to be the next Khunri theme will get it, and only three slots are open! Comment pronto peeps ♥
And even if this isn't a fluffy one-shot, please comment and subscribe for more lovey-dovey Khunri stories!
And to my first three peeps who comment with a song, please keep in mind the one-shot's mood and theme will revolve around the song. So if you choose "Heartbreaker" (2PM), don't expect a fluffy story in return -- and PLEASE NO CONFUSING THEME SONGS that are hard to write about. THOSE WILL BE REJECTED! An example of that is "MAMA" by EXO. If you think about it...how can I write a story about that with a couple.
Please be nice!
I love you all!
Until next time y'all!