The Oneshot

[ONESHOT] The Girl with the Plaid Red Coat [R]

The Girl with the Plaid Red Coat [The Oneshot]

In the mornings, she was the girl who seemed to have an unlimited stack of joy in her heart and she would help old ladies on the street, would give caramel candies to little kids and play with them, she would make asure anyone who crossed her path was happier, whoever it was. However, at night, she would suddenly have this sudden burst of courage and it felt as if her heart had this demon who imprisoned it and would give her a thirst to battle the bad guys, that feeling was there more than five years. By some she would even be described as the Red Knight who made sure everything was fair. In a way, their point of view wouldn't be completely fake, since she 'punished' the demons living underground, away from light.

1:38am
Headlights engulfed the street in light as it approached a building. It had the words 'After School' with the letters A and S in red neon light and the four card sign just behind it. It was located on a street where almost no one would pass by and it wasn't known to many. There would be shady people coming there, rarely, to have business-related discussion but no more. Two girls lived there and it was once filled with six girls, but one day, they suddenly dissapeared and no one ever saw them again.
A motorcycle came to a full stop and ran into a corridor next to the old building. A woman came out, with her helmet on and after checking around, walked into it, locking the door and closing the lights on the first floor.
She threw her helmet on a table and directly went upstair. Throwing her clothes into the a bin, she entered in the shower, letting hot water run on her bruises "Those men gave me a hard time, really. I can finally get away from the smell of cigarettes, makes me sick."
Drying herself with a towel around her, she made her to the bedroom, yawning. She tiptoed to her bed, making sure she didn't wake up the person in it. Sliding slowly into it, she embraced the other girl, looking at her sleeping face "Cute little Joo, you had promised me to show your 'DJ skills' tonight, liar." She pouted before drifting into sleep, the other girl, who had been listening, smiled as she put her arms on her "Mian~ You were too late"


Ray of lights entered the bedroom through the half closed curtains. A grunt came from under the sheets on the bed in the middle of the room, just under the window. Autumn was in play, yet the room was filled with warmth. A hand suddenly popped out from under the sheets and started ruffling around, searching something, or someone. When it patted the empty space space next to it, a figure of a girl rose from under it with its hair all messed up which shined like the trees leaves outside who were orange-brownish. She searched around until she found her clock showing 9:30am to which she moaned in complaint while trying to untangle herself from the sheets. She tiptoed while occasionnally swaying from right to left toward her door. As she opened it, the sweet scent of maple syrup lingering in the air made its way to her nostrils. She inhaled the odour while she was reminiscing memories from the doors to her sides. Once, there had been ball of energies running through these doors, these rooms, but now they were empty, or filled with boxes. Her daydreaming was soon cut off by a THUD, the girl who was in the kitchen turned back only to laugh at the girls situation. The latter was standing up, rubbing her forehead and frowning at the pain.
"Haha, come here, my baby~" The younger approached while pouting to which the older one planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Aaah.. Why do I feel suddenly better?" She smiled as she gave a kiss on her cheek and went to sit at the table while the older girl brought the pancakes as she also sat down.
"So did my little lion sleep well?" The younger one grinned as she remarked that she didn't arrange her bed hair.

"Yuss~ Thanks to Banana who thought of doing the breakfeast for once~"

"Yaah~ can't you call me honey? Why banana?" She continued her little childish conversation.

"Because only YOU can call me Honey, and only I can call you Banana."

"Eh~ Whyy?" She pouted at the restriction she was given.

"Because you said yourself that my HONEY thighs taste like HONEY 'from experience' and I know that you taste like BANANA, because you 'drink too much banana milk' and I did taste, multiple times, YOUR homemade Banana Milk, which is quite delicious, and the taste is 80% of banana, if you understand what I mean. So you're the banana while I'm the honey." Uee closed her speech as if she was a professor, keeping seriousness throughout until she saw Jooyeon's blushing face, which is when she burst out laughing. She ended up acting cute when Jooyeon started sending her menacing glares.
"I love you, BanaJoo~"

"Hah, I can't believe that the 'oh-so-scary-shady-girl-who-appears-once-a-week-at-night' is this cute little girl here, seriously" Jooyeon would act in amazement while Uee would be batting her eyelashes and say that she is 'always cute and innocent and doesn't know what she's talking about'.
Yup, that was their typical couple morning.

4:18pm
She looked boringly at the clock on her wall. She let her eyes drift off to her hands, her left hand to be specific, she started playing with the golden ring on her finger as she smiled to herself while turning in her giant chair. She had finished her paperwork and reports about her latest 'missions' and now she was in her own world, smiling like an idiot to herself about to slide from her side position.
The abrupt opening of the doors made her slide, of course, and made her forehead kiss with the chairs leg. A loud groan was heard with little "Owi Owi Owww" behind.
"Agh, what is this, my forehead wants to give hugs to everyone?"
The giggling was now closer. Uee regained her posture without opening slightly her eyes. She sat there with a serious face while Jooyeon was on her desk, laying upside down. She reached her hand and grabbed the chubby cheeks and made a contact with her lips on the angry's forehead. Uee sighed as she opened her eyes, to be greeted with a y glare from Jooyeon. She bit her lips and gave a wink, 'suggesting' for something. Uee intertwined her fingers with Jooyeon as she started giving kisses on her jawline toward her neck where she slightly bite here and there. Jooyeon soft moans could be heard inside the office. As her hands were going to slide further down, footsteps were heard very close to the closed doors. This unexpected sound made both panic and crash their forehead together. A girl, shorter than the two opened the doors and rolled her eyes at the scene.
"I guess your foreheads seems to kiss everytime I make an appearence, hah."

"Way to ruin the moment, Raina"

"Yah, whatever, stop doing it here. Aaaanyway, I've got something REALLY important for ya. It concerns an old unfinished affair." She handed a pile of paper neatly arranged which contained locations and information about a certain man.
Seeing the questioning looks, she proceeded with her explanation "This is information about Park Hee Jae, known as 'Snake' or as what you called him about 6 years ago, 'Old cockroach'"
"WHAT? That maniac OC is back?" Raina nodded.
Nervousity came upon her as she remembered the events six years ago that lead to the death of two important members. She rose up from her chair and started pacing back and forth, her hand on her chin, thinking deeply.
"Raina, transfer location information on my laptop. Jooyeon, give me the list of equipments in hand." Both nodded as they went to their respective location for their task.
Let's see who's going to laugh, now. Uee smirked at her thought, not being able to contain her excitement.


6:01pm
"Mmmhhmmm.... So you're telling me that on thursdays, around 2pm, he goes to the spa, and he leaves only three bodyguard who roam in specific areas? Oh and he has two cameras directed to the left-outer side of the house." Uee asked as she read descriptions in her laptop.
Raina nodded "Tomorrow is the Thursday and if you want to finish it quickly you might as well do it as soon as possible."
"Here are the equipment I found that could be useful." Jooyeon threw the dusty bags and cases on the ground before sitting on the desk, wiping the sweat from her face.
"So according to Computer Expert Oh, we need to put cameras on the places she wants and she'll be helping us in the infiltration, right?" Uee turned to Raina, who smiled at her.
"Then it's set. Get these prepared while I check on the motorcycle. We need pepper spray, get some rope, those climbing belts, the 'to-be-cautious-about' syringues just in case, and you know the usual." She exited outside toward a door behind the staircase. She opened it with a code and dissapeared into it as the door closed behind.

2:39pm
"Hey, boy, look up!"

"Huh?"

"PEPPER SPRAY!" His cry was soon cut short as he received a blow on the head. Uee, still upside down in a spiderman-like position called for Jooyeon through her handset. "BanaJoo,how's it going on your side? I've already settled two cameras and taken down the guys outside."
"Ugh, I had to use my seductiveness, sorry honey... He must be in wonderland or whatever, his look is disgusting, for sure."

"That Jungah, good thing I wasn't inside at that moment or he would've been dead already. Tch."

"There is a problem though, I think I was seen by one of the house cam..."

A buzzing voice was heard through the headset "Don't worry about that, I managed to hack into the indoors one but I can't get hold of the outside ones. Anyway, good job girls, get yourself out, he's coming in about 23 minutes."

5:10pm
Three girls were stuck on a laptop not moving an inch, except for their eyes who moved from right to left. Jooyeon leaned on Uee who was having a hard time keeping her eyes open and kept staring boringly as nothing special happened on the screen. However, their attention now returned to the old man who stood in the middle of his living room, looking around.

"HEY, I know you're there Sunglasses girl. I don't know where you've put your micros and cams but listen well. If you try to do the same thing as before, you'll end up with worse, I swear. Those guards must've been a piece of cake for you but you still haven't seen anything yet, hahahahhaa!"

"Hah, keep on laughing, old guy, we'll see 'bout that." Raina smirked as she closed the lid of her laptop. She turned around to see the yawning face of Jooyeon while under her, Uee was frowning to the memories. "Yaaah~ Don't think about that, we're much better this time and I'm sure we can pull it off better. We might be three, but hey, we've got the skills!" Uee relaxed as she heard her friend's encouragement and made a 'Hwaiting' sign to show she was okay.

Next day, 9:56pm
"Raina, I swear, if I was a kid and saw your van approach next to me to only ask directions, I would be scared the heck outta me and would run like no tomorrow." Jooyeon teased as they entered in the back of the white van.
"Nothing else is enough big to keep my electronic stuff in it, and this was pretty cheap, so let it go, hmpf." Raina turned her back to her, crossing her arms. But she soon returned back to explain their plan.
"I assume you understood how these things work, right?"

"I still can't believe you were able to made something similar to the scouter in Dragon BallZ, does it also give the same use?"

"I'll let yourselves discover it, keke, I'm so awesome."

"Stop being full of herself and get on with the plan." Jooyeon cut Raina's small moment of glory, who would occur in rare occasions. She glanced before returning to her explanation.

"I think the main action will pass in that warehouse looking-like thing stuck to his mansion, it can be accessed by the basement. I heard he took a hostage with him, but I'm not sure about that source of info, seems fake tho. You'll have to pass from the roof. Jooyeon will infiltrate inside by the window who has a curve upside, the one on top of one of the left security cameras.You'll 'clean' up that floor. Uee will have to take care of the guards that is in the opposite direction outside. I imagine you can handle that well from distance. I'll be outside, about a kilometer away, if you need something, you've got that headset to contact me."

Uee nodded as she clenched her fist "If there is someone in there, he better not touch her, or his head will become a trophy, as if his actions weren't enough. I've got some hidden surprises for him, anyway."

The older girls came out of the van as they put helmets on, walking to a red motorcycle.Both seated, they made the engine run and rolled on the streets with a white van following not too far behind them.
After some time, they stopped about a hundred meters away a long wall where Jooyeon stepped off. She made a sign to go back while she ran toward the wall. Using an air launcher, ressembling the old models like AL52 that was used by military, she threw her grappling hook on the top of the wall. Making sure the hook was secured by pulling a few times, she began climbing toward the top.
On the other hand, still on her motorcycle, Uee went to the opposite way, to not make herself heard by the guards that weren't too far away from that wall. She stopped when she saw a forest and parked her bike away from view. Taking off her helmet, she put Raina's device on the right side of her sunglasses and arranged her red coat who hid many things under. She ruffled between the trees until she sight the mansion. She positioned herself and took out a tranquilizer gun with a handgun and waited that Jooyeon made her move to kill the upper guards, also the one in the balcony.
Entering from the window, she jumped inside and moved silently toward the door who emitted a little light from its keyhole. She peeked through it to look what was in there. Two man, one on her side and the other one was on the opposing side and moved left to right (left=completely invisible), he wasn't really visible. Seeing the opposite guard move left, she slowly opened her door, making it creak to get the guards attention and took out a needle. The guard, noticing the movement, walked slowly toward the door and switched the light on. Opening the door with his foot, he peeked his head in slowly with his gun prepared. Just as he passed the door, he felt hands on his chest. He looked down, only to see a needle penetrate his chest, right into his heart. One of the hands went to his mouth, holding it firmly until he lost consciousnees, leaving him on the floor. The scouter made red signs as it indicated the approaching guard. She lifted the guard on the floor and stood behind the door. The other guard made his way there and stretched his arm, pointing the gun side to side. A figure appeared in front of him, making him shoot right into its head, unfortunately, what he shot was already dead as it was thrown on him. Jooyeon took hold of the guard's hand "What a waste, good bye pretty boy~" She shots him as a puddle of blood slowly appears beneath.
The guard on the balcony started moving, as he heard the sound of a gun inside. Seizing this as an oppurtunity, she fires a compressed gas bomb to his side. Exploding at the contact, its powerful impact makes the balcony greatly damaged with the guard yelling pain. The one under also received a good amount of damage as he calls for the guards, signaling that the girl is in the surrounding. As she sees them approaching, she shoots a tranquilizer into one of them and starts using her handgun. With accurate shots, she takes them down. Uee gets out of her hiding place and moves toward the paralized guard. Holding him by the chin, she begins asking him questions. Ignoring that one of the previously wounded guy can still move, he takes his gun and shoots right into her right arm before collapsing.
Hearing the battle happening down, she walks into the hallway and looks for any sign. Her scouter starts flashing red as it senses a movement right behind her. As she was about to turn around, she feels a sudden sharp pain on her head as she faints. She mutters "Uee" enough clear for her to hear as she loses vision.
Sitting with her back against the wall, Uee clutches her left arm, feeling blood slide down her hand. She winces at the pain and takes a second to look around her; everything is clear. She decides to call Jooyeon to tell her the news but suddenly hears a faint sound "Uee..." Something hapened to Jooyeon. Agh, I have to get her before he does. She stands up with much effort and loads her gun as she slides onto the wall. She peeks inside and enters seeing no signs of life. She walks toward a door "Raina, is this the basement door? I'm sure they've taken her there, not like they're going to leave her upstairs."
"Yup, good luck, and be careful, it's a dangerous place."
She walks towards it and opens it, revealing stairs going down. She walks down and notices a faint light, she prepares herself for any attack but she's surprised to find no one. Only three doors are in front of her and her scouter shows nothing dangerous behind all three of them, so she walks and enters into the middle one. Raina's voice suddenly resonates through the room "Uee! GET OUT OF THERE IMMEDIATLY!" As soon as she steps into it, lights starts flashing and the door abruptly closes behind her. Gas starts to fill the room and she can't withstand it, she crawls on the floor and starts coughing loudly. A low metallic voice speaks as she loses conscious "SURPRISE! Hahahahaha!"

"...Damn, it hurts." Uee slowly opens her eyes and soon closes them, remembering the pain on her arm, the bullet was still inside. She heard muffled sounds but couldn't see a thing as darkness engulfed the room, with little moonlight coming from the windows on top. A flash came as a light switched on abover her. Her eyes opened in surprise to see a girl securely tied on a chair with a piece of cloth in , her eyes asking for help "JOOYEON!" She wanted to move but she found her hands and her feet hand-cuffed and chained to the ground, she tried to force them but to no result. Footsteps drew nearer as a man advanced appeared with a smirk. Seeing who it was, Uee's face suddenly became angered.
"My,my,my... Why the angry face? It makes you less beautiful..." He sneered as he came near Jooyeon. Taking her by the chin "You've got a pretty lady here. Such a beauty shouldn't be on this ugly earth. Let me make her the same as this earth." He searched in her pockets and drew out a needle.
"Dont.ing.Touch.Her." Clenching her teeth, she wanted to go and punch that b*stard. He gave her a look and pointed the needle in front of Jooyeon's face. She was terrorized and drop of sweats slid on her face imagining what he could with her.
"Sit back and enjoy the show." He slowly entered the needle's point in her iris and pushed it all the way. The needle wasn't short, about 15cm long. He took it out as Jooyeon's muffled scream came to Uee's ears, tears in her eyes. He played with her eye, pushing the needle multiple times in different area, until a river of blood flooded from her right eye while she cried in pain, blood and tears became one. "You son of a b*tch, STOP IT, !" She could only clench her fists and watch in horror. He smiled, showing that he was having fun. He took out a short knife from Jooyeon's belt and slid it through her torso, cutting her shirt. He poked her stomach, neck line, before sliding it throughout the middle, making a red line appear. She threw back her head, her eyes wide open, feeling everything.
"Like what you see? It's a masterpiece, I have to say. Don't look at me like that, you know she's better like this." He threw his fist right into her stomach before punching her, making her yell.He was about to cut her more but he stopped in the middle as a loud crash came. The large windows on the door cracked into pieces as a blinding light came. A familiar red motorcycle crashed into the room and two person got off. They took the helmets away and blond hair fell down on their shoulders.
"Nana, Lizzy? What the..." Uee was happy yet surprised at the sudden appearence. Three other girls came from from behind them, guns in hand "Jungah, E-young, Kaeun! How the hell did you get here?"
The older of the trio pointed at the youngest "Kaeun's been learning about hacking and guess who's computer we hacked.." She flashed a smile but soon became serious as she walked ttowards the man. "Sh*t, security, come in Sector W2" E-young laughed at his words and took out a human head, pulling it from its hair "You mean this?" The man now shaked in fear and started running to te back of his warehouse, opening the large metal door with a remote. Unfortunately for him, he didn't go far as his feet came off from the ankles, he wriggled on the grass, screaming in pain as blood gushed from his ankles.
"That was my surprise, I hope you liked it, you piece of sh*t!" Uee yelled at him from her place. Jungah came near her and opened her handcuffs with a key from a load of them while Lizzy untangled Jooyeon from her place. Uee opened Jungah's palm and placed her handgun which she looked questioningly at it "Do it, for the sake of the one you loved." Jungah sadly smiled at her and walked to the man on the floor "You know, Hee Jae, there was this woman who made me the happiest in this world. She resued my lonely soul by accepting me for who I am. But you took her away from me, as she sacrified herself for us, smiling while we ran away. So this is for her and her sister , who also was an energy ball for someone else. This is a good bye." She pulled a few shots in different areas, listening to his pained shouts, waiting a few minutes before making it right in-between his eyes.
Uee took Jooyeon in her arms and shook her lightly "Banana, open your eyes, he's dead already, he won't hurt you anymore, no one will as long as I'm on this land, breathing." Jooyeon slowly opened her left eye and smiled at her, giving a peck on the lips before drifting into slumber. She took her, prince style, to a white van, who had been waiting with a girl, sighing. The rest came in and and took off on the road while the blondes were following behind.
In the van, her back on the side of the van with Jooyeon on her lap, Uee took out a packet of cigarette with a look of disgust on her face, to let the stress out. Jungah, who was in front of her, stopped her hand from making contact with her lips and gave her a packet of candies instead.
"Oh...I've missed these Popeye candy sticks."
"It's better than cigarettes and I know you hate them, I've seen your sick face when Kahi smoked sometimes."

"You don't know how I've missed you five. I felt so much emptiness and despair, clinging onto this red plaid coat in your absence. But I knew it was for the best." She opened her arms as the two younger girls hugged her side.

"We're back now, better than ever, and I assure you we won't ever leave." Jungah her hair, feeling the pain the younger had felt for many years.

"Be happy, we'll be celebrating when we get home, I'll make you my amazing dishes."

"Celebrate? Why would you?" Uee became confused with her statement.

"Well... you'll have to eventually introduce this cute girl, you know. And don't think I haven't seen that wedding ring on your finger." Jungah winked as she acted like a mother, making Uee blush.
The group was back now, everyone being together. After so many years, the Red Knight felt the warmth of a family, as it was something missing in her heart, making the lonely demon also burn in it.