9:00pm

9pm

 

Seven hours to go.

~~~

‘You take it, hyung.’ Hoya nudged Dongwoo to grab the small purple teddy bear that was on the stand there.

            ‘Ahh its okay, Hoya. You won it, and plus it’s your favourite colour.’

            ‘Aishh don’t be stubborn! Just take it.’ Dongwoo melted a little at the sight of his charming smile.

            ‘Fine. Thanks.’ Dongwoo hugged him with the stuff toy on this right arm. Dongwoo suddenly remembered. 9pm. Hoya pulled him back and saw worry in his eyes.

            ‘Hey, you okay? We still have a lot of time left.’

            Dongwoo sniffed a little before cracking into his usual smile. ‘Yeah I’m alright.’

~~~ 

            The couple walked into one of the carts for the ferris wheel, hands held together. They didn’t let go for the entire ride and also because Dongwoo was afraid. They bought some cotton candy afterwards and played with water guns.

Four hours had past, three hours to go.

~~~

            ‘Hmm hyung,’ Hoya suddenly broke the silence.

            ‘Mmm?’ Dongwoo managed to say while eating his meat on a stick.

            ‘Let’s go down to the beach. Then we can go to our usual place. I guess that’s what we can do before nine.’ Hoya lowered his voice at the last sentence.

            ‘Ohh. Yeah right. Sure.’ Dongwoo sensing his sadness didn’t try to show his.

            They both walked hand in hand again down the beach. Besides the few families playing there, it was quite peaceful. The couple looked at every step they took as their footprints left a trail of happiness and love for each other. They kicked the sand at each other and drew their names on it that read:

YaDong

            The sea water rushed up to meet with it and in a second, it disappeared. Hoya stretched and smiled at Dongwoo.

            ‘Don’t worry. It may be erased here in our memory beach but not in here.’ Hoya placed a finger on Dongwoo’s chest. He pointed it at the heart. Where their memories forever remain and where their love is forever infinite.

            Dongwoo laughed. ‘Aishh, you’re so cheesy!’ He ran to the water and splashed it at Hoya until his hair was all wet.

            ‘Ahh! Dongwoo! You made me all wet!’

            Dongwoo stuck out his tongue when he felt saltwater enter his mouth. Hoya must have attacked back. Dongwoo splashed back and soon, a war had broken out. They continued splashing at each other until all their clothes were already drenched with the salty water. Then, Dongwoo sat back on the sand. Hoya joined too.

            ‘Aishh, you have sand on your cheeks. You’re older than me and you behave like a kid.’ Hoya looked from the side.

            Dongwoo laughed again and reached up for his cheek when Hoya pushed it away.

            ‘Let me get that for you.’

Then Dongwoo felt a warm peck on his cheeks. His cheeks started to turn a light pink as his hand reached up to cover it. He then realised Hoya had kissed him. Dongwoo stared at his feet trying not to smile.

Hoya chuckled a little, not knowing what to say. ‘Ahh...Sorry. I just had to....do that. Couldn’t help myself.’

Dongwoo’s cheeks grew even redder. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Hoya looking at his feet too, embarrassed. Also his cheeks were pink. He smiled at the sight of his face.

His hair was all wet and messy and his fringe slightly covered his eyes as the water dripped slowly from the ends. His jaw line was as manly as ever and his eyes were gleaming with happiness. Then he looked at his lips. Thick and pink. How he wanted his lips to lay upon those.

Not thinking, Dongwoo’s hand reached up to Hoya’s chin and he brought his face close to his. A second later, Dongwoo found himself tasting another’s lips. It tasted like saltwater of course, but soon, he tasted a hint of strawberry. Dongwoo knew it was his favourite. He chuckled in between the kiss.

At first Hoya was shocked at the sudden reaction but slowly, he returned it. His hands travelled up to Dongwoo’s wet blue hair. Dongwoo moved forward a little, deepening the kiss. He loved this feeling. Hoya smiled. He loved it too.

Dongwoo slowly broke of the kiss, savouring every moment of it. He didn’t want it to end but he was starting to get breathless.

‘I couldn’t resist too.’ Dongwoo’s hand didn’t let go of Hoya’s chin. His baby , smooth skin was irresistible.

Hoya gave that manly smile again and Dongwoo’s heart skipped a beat.

~~~

Ten minutes later, the couple walked hand in hand again under the shelter of the road above.

It was already eight thirty. Thirty minutes to go.

~~~

They sat at the rusty red bench that was sitting in the middle of nowhere. The place wasn’t that clean and not that well decorated as compared to the other places, but that was when it all started. How they first met.

Sitting at the bench, they could see everything; the sea, the sky and the beautifully lit city. It was dark, and the only light there was a lamppost that shone directly above them. The couple still had their hands together. Not letting go until it was the final moment.

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Dongwoo knew they couldn’t be quiet. He wanted to hear his voice for the last time. He wanted to spend more time with Hoya. He didn’t want it all to go to waste. He looked at his watch. Fifteen minutes. They’ve been in silence for fifteen minutes.

He looked at Hoya on his right. His gaze was still on the beautiful scenery of the lights in front of him. His face was emotionless and he could see he was in a deep thought. His forehead was wrinkled. He knew it was hard too.

Then, Hoya sighed.

‘Dongwoo-ahh...’

Dongwoo gave a soft yes. His tears were at the tip of his eyes.

‘Remember that time I stole your textbooks when we were in school a few years ago just cause I didn’t bring mine.’

Dongwoo wiped his tears before he broke into a smile. ‘Y-yeah. That was funny.’

He heard Hoya laugh. ‘I’m sorry for it. You always had detention everyday because of me.’

Dongwoo laughed together with him. ‘Don’t need to apologize. I had already forgiven you a long time ago.’

Hoya smiled at himself.

Dongwoo looked at his watch again, ten minutes.

‘Dongwoo ahh...’

Dongwoo muttered a soft yes again.

‘I know I don’t have much time with you but I want you to know that...you are everything to me and I would give anything just to see you and to be with you. I have never felt this way for someone so kind and handsome like you...’ Hoya grabbed Dongwoo’s with both of his hand. Dongwoo looked into his eyes and he saw sadness and how much he pleaded to be with him.

That was a side of Hoya he never wanted to see. He felt his heart breaking up into pieces.

‘Dongwoo...just know that I love you so much. Eventhough I might not stay here long I want you to know that I will always think of you and that you’ll always be here,’ he pointed to his head, ‘and here.’ He pointed to his heart.

Dongwoo felt hot tears streaming down his cheeks. He didn’t know what to respond.

‘Promise me Dongwoo. Promise me that you’ll never forget me like how I won’t forget you.’

Dongwoo nodded his head. He couldn’t find the right words. His mouth kept opening but no words came out.

One minute to go.

            ‘I love you, Dongwoo.’

            ‘I love you, Hoya. Forever.’

            Hoya reached up to his forehead where he planted a soft kiss. Dongwoo closed his eyes, still letting his tears stream down like a river. He didn’t want to let go.

            Slowly, he felt the warmth on his forehead slowly fading and then disappearing as the cold wind caressed over it. He didn’t dare to move. He didn’t want to let go.

            A few seconds later, his watch beeped. It was 9pm.

            It had been a month since Hoya's death. Dongwoo knew he couldn't hold on any longer.  

            It was time.

            It was finally time.

            It was finally time...to let go.