Maybe

Taoris Oneshot Song-Fic Collections

Maybe - David Archuleta

 

“Kris, let me introduce you to my boyfriend... This is Baekhyun..”

Those words struck Kris like lightning. He reluctantly shook the other boy’s hand.

“So this is the famous Kris that you always talked about.”

“Yes! He’s wonderful right? You guys go ahead and talk, i’m gonna order us something” Tao stood up and left the table.

“Hi Kris, nice to meet you, Tao said many wonderful things about you”

“As did he about you” he forced out a smile, “so how did you guys meet anyway?”

“ We actually first met during high school... But we only got together a few months ago.”

“Wow... so you’ve been having feelings for each other since high school?”

“Not exactly... I wasn’t out in high school...”

“Ah, so, safe to say that Tao captured your attention?”

“Well... the boy can be... mesmerizing” Baekhyun smiles to himself.

“Who is?” Tao cameback carrying a tray of drinks.

“Who’s what?” Baekhyun said as he grabbed one of the cup.

“Mesmerizing... What are you guys talking about anyway?” Tao put the tray down and sat next to Baekhyun.

“Oh, we were talking about Kai’s dog, have you seen the little guy? He’s like, the most adorable thing ever.” Baekhyun said. His words erupts a small laugh from Kris.

“ Not funny Byun Baekhyun..” Tao pouts as he drank his tea.

“Who said it is, Huang Zitao..” Baekhyun gave a small peck on Tao’s cheek. Kris looked away, not being able to handle the view.

Kris looked back towards them when he saw Baekhyun answering his phone.

“Yup, uh-huh... Got it.. I’ll be there as soon as i can.” Baekhyun snapped his phone back into his pocket and grabbed his stuff.

“Sorry guys, something came up... Gotta go...” He grabbed Tao’s hand and said, “See you at home?”

Tao gave a small smile and nod. Baekhyun smiled back and left the cafe.

Silent came over the two of them as Baekhyun left.

“So... how come you’ve never told me about him?”

“No reason....”

“Whatever happen to ‘I feel like i can talk about everything to you’?”

“That doesn’t change... I still feel like i can talk about everything to you...”

“You’ve always had feelings for him?”

“Not at the start...”

“But you accepted his feelings...”

“I did...”

Slowly, Tao gathered his stuff and offered his hand to Kris, “Come on, let’s take a walk.. You can walk me home...”

Kris was reluctant at first, but seeing the boy won’t leave without him, but followed the young boy out of the cafe.

After a few minutes, the boys were at a park near Tao and Baekhyun’s apartment. After throwing their cups into the trash, Tao ran towards the empty swing set.

Tao started to swing himself back and forth on the swing set. At first Kris only watched, but then he joined him.

“You know... that time, when i said i love you... i wasn’t joking.” Kris suddenly said. Tao stopped his swing, looking towards Kris who was still swinging slowly.

“I.. can’t... i’m with baekhyun now...” He slowly started to swing himself again.

“I’m not talking about now... I’m talking about back then.. You’re telling me you’ve never had feelings for me?”

“I...” Tao slowed down his swing to a stop. He looked down, as if he was searching for something on the sand filled ground. Kris stood up from his swing and knelt in front of him.

“Tao, i’m not asking you to love me back... i just.. i want to know... did you have feelings for me?”

“I... i did...” Kris covered Tao’s hands on the swing’s rope with his own.

“Then why didn’t you said anything?”

“I didn’t want to believe it.. I..” Tao looked up to see Kris’ eyes. They were so close that they could feel each other’s breaths.

“Couldn’t you give me a chance?” Kris’ lips just barely graze Tao’s. But then, a tone rang out. Kris looked away and stood up, distancing himself from Tao.

“Hello? Ah hyunnie, yeah... i’m almost home... i’ll wait for you...” Tao’s smile turned to a sad one after he ended his call.

“It’s Baekhyun.. i’m going to wait for him..” Tao walked over to Kris. He pulled out his hand, reaching for Kris’ shoulder. Kris turned at him and gave him a smile.

“Yeah, of course... I’ll see you tomorrow at work.” Tao looked at Kris’ face, although he was smiling, it didn’t feel like a smile.

“See you tomorrow..” Tao waved goodbye before going inside his apartment building.

Kris watched him from afar, just like he always did. Tao turned back and gave Kris a smile just before he closed the door. Kris waved back and replied his smile as Tao disappeared behind the glass door.

“I do still love you Huang Zitao... And I will always do...”



Whoot, first chapter up!

I feel like i haven't quite grasp the true meaning of the song yet...

Still much room for improvements..

Do tell me what you guys think about it :)