Trauma

[PG13 Hyunmi] Trauma

 

Lee Suhoon, nicknamed Mika, was an introvert that everyone in class keeps a distance with. However, there will be people in the class who didn’t like his behavior provoke him every once in awhile. Mika was once again surrounded by classmates outside of their class during break. Because of his past, he started to get scared of human contact. A guy with a disgusting smirk, placed his hand on Mika’s shoulder. He shrugged it off violently and pushed the guy away. The classmates around the guy laughed at me for getting pushed away by the weakling. He replaced shame with anger and pushed Mika towards the wall, colliding his head with the hard surface. Mika started getting dizzy from the impact and couldn’t see properly. Just then, the class president who was walking past, heard the loud sound and came over to take a look. His presence alone made the other scurried away in fear. Mika looked up from his hazy vision to see his class president in front of him.
 
“Hey, are you all right? Hey!”
 
The president ran his thumb over Mika’s cheeks. His hand was warm and it felt good on him, despite him hating skin contact. Mika fainted before he could reply. He picked up the fainting male bridal style and brought him to the infirmary.
 
Mika had a terrible past trauma. Although two years has past since then, he would still wake up from the same nightmare each time he closes his eyes. He was rapped by his younger’s sister’s boyfriend on her bed. It was the first time her sister boyfriend visited their house and because her sister was bathing, he was told by their mother to entertain his sister’s boyfriend. They were just having a small chat when Mika noticed how close her boyfriend has moved towards him. He shifted slightly and was surprised to see him moving even closer. Mika was a sharp tongue and he was the type to speak what he wants.
 
“If you are not really interested in my sister, I suggest you get out of this house at this instance.”
 
“I love people with sharp tongue. It excites me.”
 
He pinned both of Mika’s wrist in his hand and ties them around the bed board with his belt. He tore off Mika’s clothes and used the torn strips of clothing to cover up Mika’s mouth so that he couldn’t scream for help. It was when his empty his seeds into Mika and sighs in satisfaction when his sister burst into the room and her smile dropped seeing the scene displayed on her bed. His even got the cheek to slowly pull out from the bleeding hole and wore back his clothes slowly.
 
“Thanks for the invite. Your brother was a really good . You are nothing compared to him, loose .”
 
When his walked out of the house with a satisfied smirk on his face, his sister screamed so loud and threatened to kill Mika. His mother was shocked by the scene and started blaming Mika for going too near her brother’s boyfriend. They blamed it all on him, because he was too pretty for a guy. Because he seduced his , because he wasn’t strong enough to resist the from rapping him. And the next day, Mika opened the door to his sister room to find his sister lying on her bed with pool of blood gathered on the ground under her bleeding wrist. She has already been in coma for two years and through these two years, he was hated by everyone who knew about the matter. His parents threw him out and placed him in a dorm school far in the mountainous area. And he grew a trauma of skin contact since that incident.
 
When Mika woke up, he looked around the bed to see his outer coat hanged on the chair and the curtains gathered around the bed to block out the afternoon sunshine. He slowly got up and saw the infirmary doctor sitting on his table writing something on his paper.
 
“Seonsaengnim…”
 
“Oh! You are up already, feeling better?”
 
“D-deh…”
 
“You are lucky someone bought you here.”
 
“May i know who sent me here?”
 
“Your class president, Woo Hyunmin, sent you in here. You can rest longer if you want.”
 
“No, its okay. Thanks for your care. I will be going back to class now.”
 
Mika bowed and went back to class. When he stepped into the class, he looked around to search for the class president. Their eyes stared at each other and Mika lightly nodded and mumbled a word of thanks when he walked past Hyunmin’s seat. He could see from the corner of his eyes that Hyunmin smiled and nodded back.
 
—-
 
They started hanging out during breaks. Mika stopped having people harassing him because of the little amount of time he was left alone without Hyunmin. Hyunmin learnt about the fact that Mika had a phobia towards human contact when he accidentally tapped him on the shoulder for the first time and was violently pushed away. Mika didn’t dare to tell Hyunmin about his past, he was afraid that he would get rejected and hated upon. But why did he care so much when he didn’t care about the people who hated on him back in his hometown?
 
As the time goes by, Mika slowly got used to having human contact when Hyunmin was by his side. Hyunmin’s friends accepted Mika was part of them and they would all hang out together during lunch.
 
“Mika!”
 
Hyunmin slung his arm around Mika’s shoulder, both of them walking towards the cafeteria for lunch. Mika was already used to Hyunmin’s actions and didn’t push him off like he did in the past. His heart has sincerely accepted Hyunmin, but in what way? As a friend or… a crush? Mika never dared to think further. Mika wouldn’t flinch anymore when his hands accidentally brushed against Hyunmin’s friends when they are getting lunch together. But everything backfired that day, when Mika was picked on by his classmates again when Hyunmin wasn’t with him for lunch because of class duties the teachers had assigned.
 
“Yah, you think you are that great now that you have the class president helping you? Tch, you are nothing without him.”
 
“I wonder when will he get tired of having you clinging onto him every day.”
 
“He will kick you aside when he gets a girlfriend. You just gets in his way now, he can’t even have a chick when he has a hanging around him!”
 
The group of bullies laughed at their own joke. Mika felt shaken by the thought. Hyunmin saved him from them that time because of his righteousness, but was he really clinging onto Hyunmin and was a burden to him? The group of bullies saw the changed of expressions on Mika and took it as a chance to further provoke him.
 
“Yah, get a hint already. Stop hogging onto him already, we can be your friends, friends that’s it.”
 
And the group started laughing again. Mika was intimidated by them. They kept taking steps and steps closer to Mika until he hit the wall behind him.
 
“Oi!”
 
The group of bullies looked up to see three of Hyunmin’s friends, Injun, Karam and Jihwan, who were from the student council, approaching them.
 
“Bullying my friend?”
 
Karam asked one of the guy in the bullies. Karam may be a pretty boy, but he was famous for not having much patience towards people who go against the school rules. Injun, who was nibbling onto the bunny candy on his hand, smiled and looked up at Mika. Injun might seem harmless, but he will make your life a hell if you were to go against him. Jihwan silently glared at the guy in front of him and stood really close to him.
 
“Try saying what you said just now.”
 
Jihwan was the fiercest one ago all of them. He was like a beast in sleep that you should never wake if you want to keep your body intact. The group of boys rolled their eyes and walked away silently after being threatened by the three student council members.
 
“Are you all right, Mika?”
 
Injun asked through the candy in his mouth and placed both his hands on Mika’s shoulders. Mika trembled and squatted down immediately to get away from the touch.
 
, why is this feeling coming back again?
 
Injun was shocked by the reaction. Did the group of guys hurt Mika? Injun was about to squat down and talk to Mika when Jihwan stopped him. Jihwan shook his head, “I think we better contact Hyunmin.”
 
That day after Mika went back to his dorm room, Hyunmin came to visit but Mika refused to open the door. Hyunmin continued knocking the door, asking for Mika to reply him.
 
“Mika, are you all right? Did they hurt you? I’m sorry I wasn’t there with you… Answer me! Are you-“
 
“Hyunmin, I’m sorry. Please leave.”
 
“Suhoon… Please open the door and talk to me.”
 
Mika knew Hyunmin was being serious when he said his real name. His hand hesitated by the door knob. He couldn’t accept himself. The thought about it the moment he got back. He fell in love with Hyunmin, but Hyunmin will not. Mika was positive Hyunmin likes girls, because of the numerous times Hyunmin received confession letters in his shoe locker. Just when Mika was still having lots of thoughts in his mind, his door was unlocked from the outside. He stared in disbelief when Karam’s head popped in and he gave Mika a goofy smile.
 
“Heh, nothing a student council president can’t do. Sorry Mika.”
 
Karam stepped aside to let Hyunmin in. He closed the door and locked it before walking back to the council room whistling to a happy tune.
 
“Su, what’s wrong?”
 
Mika wrapped his arms around himself as a way to try and protect himself. Hyunmin could see Mika obviously took a huge step back when he reached his arm out.
 
“Su… I don’t know what happened, you have to tell me..”
 
Mika covered his ears and squat down.
 
“Please, Min. Leave me alone. Just let me be…”
 
“How can I do that when you are obviously going back to how you were previously?”
 
“Stop talking about that!”
 
Mika started tearing up at the thoughts of his past. He covered his ears and started mumbling nonsense and cries out loud. Hyunmin got shocked by his reactions and slowly approached the incoherent male.
 
“Su… Su, stop it. Su!”
 
Hyunmin grabbed onto Mika’s wrists and pulled them away from his ears. Mika was so out of his world and when he felt strong grips on his wrists, the past flashed back into his mind.
 
He grabbed onto Mika’s wrists and pinned them over his head, he then unbuckled his belt and tied his wrist around the bed board.
 
“Don’t touch me! Don’t touch me!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!”
 
Mika thrashed around and tried pulling his wrists away. He screamed and pushed Hyunmin away. He got up to his feet and tried to run away but Hyunmin was faster than him. He grabbed onto his arms and forced Mika to face him.
 
“Su! It’s me! It’s me! I’m Hyunmin! Suhoon!”
 
Mika started panting heavily, his chest clenched and his heart burned at the feel of the touch on his arm. He wiggled and thrash around, trying to get away from the contact. His heart was beating so hard and it felt like air was cut off from his lungs. He took in short and shaky breathes while tears kept rolling down his cheeks.
 
“Don’t touch me!!!! HELP!!!! NO!!!!! IT HURTS!!!”
 
Mika clenched onto his chest in pain, his knees gave way and sent him colliding with the ground. Hyunmin caught him up and hugged him tightly. Mika continued thrashing around violently until he felt oxygen knocked out of his brain and he fell limp in Hyunmin’s arms.
 
“Mika? Mika! MIKA!”
 
—-
 
Mika woke up to soft sheets under him and arms wrapped around him protectively. He looked up to see Hyunmin looking down at him. He tried to push Hyunmin off, but he wouldn’t budge at all. Mika’s breathing started to accelerate.
 
“Su, breathe normally. I’m sorry. I’m here. I’m here, Su.”
 
“Don’t touch me…I’m dirty… I’m dirty… Don’t touch me!”
 
Mika hit onto Hyunmin’s chest to push him off.
 
“I will if you tell me what’s wrong…”
 
“I wouldn’t tell you, I can’t tell you! Stop asking me!”
 
“Su… I love you. I wouldn’t leave you no matter what happened. I don’t care how you feel, I want to stay by your side forever. If you think that I saved you because I was nearby, that is wrong. I have been looking at you since the start. Su, let me love you. Don’t push me away. I can’t let you go anymore.”
 
Mika stopped struggling and looked up at Hyunmin.
 
“I can’t… Min, I can’t. I-I…I’m not allowed to love… It’s a sin… I don’t deserve to be love or to love…”
 
Mika’s tears rolled down his cheeks again. Hyunmin wiped off the tears and hugged Mika tightly in his arms.
 
“Don’t cry… I love you, and there is no such thing as someone not being allowed to be loved.”
 
“Hyunmin… My past is…the reason… for my phobia… the trauma… I don’t want to let you know…I…don’t want to lose you…too…”
 
“I love you no matter what happened. I promise.”
 
Mika shook his head forcefully, looking at Hyunmin with horrified eyes.
 
“No, I wouldn’t tell you.”
 
Hyunmin looked into Mika’s eyes with an unreadable expression. His gaze was intense yet soft, Mika felt nervous under those eyes and started shifting further back. He almost fell off the bed from his shifting, but Hyunmin caught him and pulled him back in time.
 
“Lee Suhoon, I don’t care what is the truth… I love you and nothing is going to change it. Don’t even try to stop me from loving you, cause I can’t stop this feeling I have for you. Why do you mind letting me know about your past? Why you do mind losing me after telling me about your truth?”
 
Hyunmin whispered softly to the male buried in his chest. Mika made a crying sound and fist his clothes in his hands.
 
“I…I was…rapped…”
 
Mika bit down on his lips harshly and didn’t dare to breathe. Hyunmin’s grip tightened around him, he clenched his jaw tightly and slowly drew circles on Mika’s back.
 
“If this is too hard for you talk about, you don’t have to say it… I don’t need the details…”
 
Mika shook his head, “Its okay, I want to let you know… I…I-I was avoiding you because I found out… that I fell in love with you, but I was scared… I was scared you wouldn’t accept me because of my past… but… but I want to let you know, I don’t want you to love me for who you think I am…I want you to know if you still love me… after knowing…”
 
“Of course I will…”
 
Hyunmin nuzzled his face into Mika’s neck, breathing in his scent. He caressed the bottom of Mika’s back to soothe his rapid heartbeat.
 
“It was… my sister’s boyfriend. He was a total jerk… His main purpose of visiting my family was to have with my sister! He rapped me when Mother told me to have a chat with him in my sister’s room because she was bathing… But he was already having motives since the start! He… he… he tied my hands to the bed with his bel-belt… then… ripped…off my clothes…and covered my mouth… I couldn’t…I couldn’t shout for help…”
 
Mika wrapped his arms tightly around Hyunmin’s chest and cried onto it. Hyunmin felt like crying too, because his heart breaks when he sees how fragile Mika looks like now and he couldn’t do anything to make it feel better. Mika took in a deep breath before continuing.
 
“When my sister caught us on his bed… She was furious. And that jerk even had the cheek to say that she was loose! I felt like killing him for hurting her! And I felt like killing myself when I see how hurt she was… It was my fault… that she is still in coma after two years… she tried to kill herself… a pool of blood… her wrist… I couldn’t even cry… I was rooted to the ground… I didn’t want her to be hurt… I didn’t…”
 
“So your parents kicked you out of your family and placed you in a school in the mountains because you got rapped?!”
 
“…Everyone in the neighbor and the school knew about it… It spread around like fire… Everyone hated on me and some even asked me if they could try it with me… It was actually a relief that I could stay here… Because I…I got to know you…”
 
Mika kept his head buried in Hyunmin’s chest. Hyunmin his hair and pulled him up by the chin.
 
“Life started as a book with blank pages. The past chapters is not something you can rewrite, but you can write a better future to perfect the ending. Will you allow me to be in your future chapters?”
 
“Do you really want to be part of my future?”
 
“I love you, Lee Suhoon. Do you?”
 
“I love you too, Woo Hyunmin. Please take over all of my future chapters.”
 
Mika placed his hand on Hyunmin’s shoulder and looked at him with a soft smile. Hyunmin tilted his head and pressed their lips together into a sweet kiss.
 
—-
 
A/N: Cliche ending is cliche.