{ Episode 1 } Not You, Then Who?

Reality Over Fantasy: We Got Married?

 On Air                    ★ 

Hyunwol’s P.O.V.
Episode I; Part 3/5
Somewhere in Hongdae

“Do you already know who my husband is?” I asked the VJ. It was kind of awkward really to be filmed alone. I mean – sure, there are times when you do drama shots alone but you always know there are a whole lot of other people watching you as they filmed a scene. Filming a reality show by yourself though [the VJs not counted] is a whole other matter entirely.

Since the VJ couldn’t speak though, I was still talking to myself. It was really, really weird. I don’t know how Mirae did it – or Charlie for that matter.

“You don’t need to speak. Just shake the camera up and down if you do – oh you do.” I laughed and tried to cover my mouth when the camera did move. I stopped suddenly though as I saw a café slowly come into view. “Oh, is that it?”

It was a quaint little outdoor café without really anyone sitting on the seats save for a guy and his VJ. The other people present were kind of only trying to film him with their phone cameras. He must have been popular then, or at least popular around these parts.

“Ah, really… who are you?”  I mumbled, trying to take at least a glimpse of who it was. I don’t think I can protect my image that much if I go on a fangirl mode again. “Reveal yourself~”

I sneaked over and held out my hand, tapping him on the shoulder. Who the person was took me by complete surprise though.

<< Caption: This is… >>

“No way!” I laughed and shoved his shoulder. The guy easily laughed as well and whined about how if that was a way to treat your friend. I turned to the camera and from the VJ behind trying to contain their laughter; I knew I must have had a ridiculous face on. “Seriously? Is this for real? Ah, I’m not doing this!”

“Annyeonghaseyo, this is Super Junior’s Ryeowook.” He waved towards the camera while I completely slumped into the seat across from him, looking somberly at his cheery smile.

<< Caption: Super Junior’s Eternal Maknae, Ryeowook…!! >>

“Cut. The hidden camera is done! Just bring out my real husband already!” I yelled out. Ryeowook laughed and covered his mouth with the back of his hand. It wasn’t long before he covered his entire face trying to stop laughing. “Ah, quickly; I’m not buying this. Yah, Kim Ryeowook, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, what’s with that attitude? Park Hyunwol, is that any way to treat your sunbae?” he joked back. Maybe to his fans who’ll watch this show eventually will think I was rude, but then again, Ryeowook and I had already known each other way before either of us made our debut. We knew each other very, very well.

MC 2: “They seem so close. It’s amazing, considering the .”
MC 1: “Hyunwol is her real name, right?”
MC 3: “They have an aura of that of the Adam couple.” Chuckles.

.oOo.
Q: Compared to Yunho, your reaction with Super Junior’s Ryeowook was…

Hyunyoung: she laughs. “I think it’s already been made public? But Ryeowook and I have known each other since we were young; it would be weird if he was suddenly my husband.” She grins sheepishly before pouting. “Ryeowook knows me too well already. To the point it would be like he was my brother. You have to admit, it would be pretty awkward to have your brother become your husband – what? Why are you laughing? Hahaha! I’m being serious.”

Q: Honestly speaking though, did you expect this in the slightest?

Hyunyoung: “Since it’s this production staff, then I can say with confidence I expected this a lot.” She laughs again and covers .

“The staff is always so playful or mean to me, I kind of expected this even though they already knew how awkward it would be if Ryeowook were to become my husband.” She takes a deep breath and shakes her head. “Everyone; idols, fans, antis – everyone knows how close friends we are with each other… I kept thinking at that time ‘what is MBC thinking? Won’t this be too awkward?’ I mean… even though we’re very close as friends, becoming husband and wife suddenly - … that’s really too much.”

<< Caption: …we’re not that mean, Hyunyoung-ah >>

.oOo.

I chuckled and buried my face in my hands. “Ah, Ryeowookie. Stop joking. I’m tired from walking around.”

“Walking around will do you good.” Now where had I heard that before? With my lips in a straight line, I hit his shoulder playfully. He flinched out of instinct. I knew he wasn’t really hurt. Ryeowook laughed it off and leaned into his chair. “I’m just kidding, Hyun-ah. Don’t worry, no matter what other people will think, I won’t think you’re fat.” That second punch, he really did earn.

“Aigo, enough, enough; just tell me who my husband is.” I told him, glaring. “Tell me quick so I can leave.”

“That’s no fun at all.” He remarked. “Though I want to congratulate you on your marriage, I feel as if your husband will experience going to hell and back by being the one to marry you.” He had it coming with the third punch, really. “Ah, really! Stop hitting me.”

“Do you really want me to be hated by your fans?” I laughed, throwing my head back. I think Ryeowook could tell I was kind of getting stressed about the whole We Got Married thing. This had always been his strategy to try and make me smile again; making me laugh by being an . Ryeowook had never succeeded in trying to be mean, even when we were younger. I was always the mean one.

My segment with Ryeowook was a lot longer than Yunho’s, with all we were really doing being our normal, everyday conversation. It was nice to actually have someone to talk to after practically talking to yourself for half an hour, trying to sound funny to those who would be watching this. Some part of me kind of wanted my segment to just drop in ratings though, as depressing as that sounded.

“This is actually the time where I’m supposed to say I’m not your husband, but I think we’ve already established that.” He chuckled. For a moment, I almost forgot we were still filming. It honestly had been a while since I’ve seen much less talked to Ryeowook. “So I think we should skip to the part where I tell you where to go next.”

“Do you know who it is, though?” I asked suddenly, as he finished telling me to go just straight down the road. I would meet the guy – or actually, he’d know it was me. Okay, that wasn’t creepy. Ryeowook pouted though and pretended to be deep in thought.

“I don’t know. I just know he’s an unlucky man –” I shoved him this time, but he kept laughing. He didn’t have another schedule so he wanted to stay and relax for a little while, I got up and waved goodbye.

“Park Hyunwol, fighting! Good luck and congratulations!” he yelled when I was far enough. I turned back, laughing, and waved at him, giving him a thumbs-up in the process.

.oOo.

Q: Who would you like your husband to be?

Hyunyoung: she crosses her arms and starts to think deeply. “I actually wouldn’t mind anyone, as long as I have never worked with them before. For me, it’ll be somewhat awkward, even more so than with someone who I don’t know. The people whom I’ve already worked with have formed an image in my mind as a friend, dongsaeng, brother, or something. It would be weird to suddenly have them as my husband – ah, yes?” she leans closer, trying to make out what the PD is mumbling about.

PD: “You have to pick someone though…”

Hyunyoung: “Ah, yes. I’m sorry. Hmm, I guess if I had to pick someone though… ah, can’t it be Yunho-ssi? Bring him back, please~” she giggles again and covers with her hand.

.oOo.

“I’m getting tired.” I groaned, subtly trying to massage my thighs while walking. “I’m getting old, it seems. But if I’m getting old, Mirae unnie is always going to be older. Ah – don’t tell her that, though.” I kind of had a feeling they weren’t going to edit that part out though, so I tried to laugh it off. I acted cute and mouthed ‘Mirae unnie, I love you~’ to try and make up for it. I knew she was going to yell at me when she would watch this part.

“I’ll grow up to be an old maid if this goes on.” I nodded, acting seriously. “The next guy… he’s going to be the husband, right? Please tell me he is…”

“Noona!”

<< Caption: Another guy…? Could it be…? >>

I looked up at the sound of the voice and immediately burst out laughing. “No! No way! Impossible! No, absolutely not!” I turned back to the camera, still laughing as the young man approached me. “This is a lie, right? Don’t tell me he’s my husband!”

MC 3: “Oh, who is it? Who is it?”
MC 1: “OH! Isn’t that INFINITE’s L?”
MC 2: “Wah, is he the husband? Finally? Woah! I really liked them in that drama they did.”
MC 1: “It was ‘Hey, Flower Boy!’ right? The one with Yoon Siyoon and Lee Yeon Hee, wasn’t it?”
MC 3: “Was that her? I don’t remember…”
MC 1: “You were the one to introduce me to that drama, telling me repeatedly Hyunyoung was there!”

<< Caption: It’s INFINITE’s “main presence”, L! >>

.oOo.

Q: At the time L had appeared what was on your mind?

Hyunyoung: “…” she stares at the camera blankly before deadpanning. “What was the production staff thinking?”

<< Caption: Straight. To. The. Point!! >>

PD: “Isn’t that too harsh…”

Hyunyoung: She laughs and immediately shakes her head, seemingly realizing her wrong choice of words. “No! It’s not… like that. Well, some part of it. I was just wondering what everyone was thinking if they paired me with Myungsoo. Noona-dongsaeng couples are popular nowadays, however, the main issue is being paired with Myungsoo…” she smiles faintly and shakes her head. “Truthfully, it wasn’t an idea that I had thought about, and I guess I was just very shocked when he suddenly appeared. I kept thinking ‘so this is my fate?’ It was truthfully hard to accept…”

Q: So it would have made you happy if L was your husband?

Hyunyoung: With a quick smile on her face, she speedily answers “Of course not.”

The studio bursts into laughter
MC 1: “Such a quick answer!!”
MC 3: still laughing. “She said it so seriously, is it really that bad if she were paired up with L?”
MC 2: “L-ah! Noona is still here!”

Hyunyoung: She laughs lightly and waves her hand in front of her face. “I think I’m being misunderstood again, even the production staff is laughing.” She pouts and glares off camera. “Why are you all so mean? I didn’t say anything wrong!” she laughs and shakes her head.

“I only said that if I were with Myungsoo on the show… it would be difficult. He’s my dongsaeng, and I treat him like a little brother… it would even be harder if it was him rather than Ryeowook or something.”

.oOo.

I was still laughing by the time Myungsoo had already caught up to me, easily slinging an arm over my shoulder. Being an onscreen couple for a drama could really make people become closer.

“What’s with that, huh? Aren’t you glad to see me again? Noona, you’re hurting me.” He joked. I honestly couldn’t help but laugh though, burying my face with my hands as he lead me to… somewhere. I didn’t really know, I wasn’t really paying attention.

“No, no, no.” I kept mumbling like a mantra. Myungsoo only laughed harder, he joked again about something I didn’t quite hear, but I assumed it was another witty, somewhat bratty, quip about my distress right now. I personally didn’t mind. That was just how he was – or, how he was to me at least.

“You’re really you? Is this really true?” I laughed, pushing away his arm to glare at him. Myungsoo was like a brother to me, so this was kind of… weird. It shouldn’t have been, considering we were partnered up for that one drama back in 2010. But then I had never really seen Myungsoo as a guy – he was more of a little brother really, especially since he was actually younger than I was.

“Of course I’m me, noona. If I wasn’t, who else would I be?” he countered back readily, slinging an arm again. This type of skinship was fairly normal between us – not that I’d actually tell anyone this. The girls had a tendency of teasing Sungmin whenever they’d catch me being close to a guy who wasn’t him, or Ryeowook.  

“No, go away. I won’t accept this.” INFINITE fans were going to hate me. Big time.

Myungsoo laughed again though and covered his mouth with the back of his hand. I heard him mutter “This is seriously making me go crazy…” under his breath. I cracked a grin at that, elbowing him subtly in the ribs. I hoped the camera didn’t get that, or else Bachelorette would be in trouble.

Fan girls were kind of crazy like that. I would know. I’ve had my fair share of moments with said crazy fan girls, more than what I’d like, honestly.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, where are you taking me exactly?” I asked, suddenly noticing that we had been walking for a while now. He grinned but didn’t say anything else.

“Oh, they’re gone?” he mumbled, craning his neck. We were at one of Hongdae’s parks with indie music groups scattered around, performing. The park itself wasn’t very crowded, which was weird seeing as it was almost lunch time, but I could make out around three figures who were lounging about near the fountain. Myungsoo spotted them and immediately waved his arms madly. “Oh, there they are!”

“They?” I questioned and frowned. He laughed and pointed before speeding up his footsteps. I tried to keep my steps in sync with his as I followed his line of vision. Said three guys currently seemed to be spazzing and laughing to themselves. I could barely make out what they were saying, but I could hear a few words like “Seriously?!”, “What is thisHow are you so lucky?”, and “No way; there’s a mistake!”

Myungsoo suddenly slinged an arm around me again as we approached the three people. I fortunately knew enough about INFINITE to place a name to their face; the members present were currently Sungyeol, Hoya, and Sunggyu.

“Hyung-ah, I brought hyungsunim along!” he yelled out loud. I widened my eyes and turned to him.

“Hyungsunim!?” 

 


A/N:: Early update because I wasn't sure if I would be able to update tomorrow. * A * Anyhow - the story is very slow. Hahaha. I just realized this now. OTL Please bear with me! The next chapter will definitely have Sunggyu in it. C:

Comments and the like are well loved here! <3