I'll be your Guardian Angel (Larry Stylinson One-Shot)

I'll be your Guardian Angel

 

Louis’ hands trembled as he held the picture of Harry in his hand. How could he just leave like this? He thought to himself. I didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye. He didn’t get to say…say he loved Harry before Harry departed from this cruel world.

Louis’ eyes brightened as he thought of the day they said “I love you” to one another.

It was another of their “secret dates”. They snuck out of the one direction apartment, quickly scribbling a note about going out for a coffee. The boys didn’t know about them, but Louis was quite sure they suspected something.

They snuck out to what they called their “enchanted forest” where they shared their first kiss after buying coffees, true to their word. Harry could never lie. And that was one of the many things Louis loved about him.

After lying down on the soft grass, they simply enjoyed the comfortable silence as they stared into space.

“Haz”

“Lou”

The both of them started simultaneously.

“You go first”

“Its fine haz, you go”

Soon after, they chuckled at their formal tones and Harry continued.

“Lou... you know we’ve been together for 3 months?”

“Of course. 3 months, 10 days, 3 hours and…” After checking his watch, Louis continued

“And 32 minutes. But hey, who’s counting?”

Harry smirked and said,”You, Lou!”

“HEY THAT RHYMEDDD!” Louis said childishly,

“I know. And hey on a more serious note, maybe we should tell the boys about, well, us. Maybe even the fans?”

“Sure, I mean they are our best friends after all. And as for the fans, I guess we’ll impress the ‘Larry Stylinson’ fans? Lets do it” Louis smiled

“You’re not scared of the Harry fangirls?” Harry said smirking cockily

“You’re not scared of the Louis fangirls?” Louis shot back sassily, smiling

“Touche Lou, touche” Harry said.

After a few moments of hesitation, Harry continued

“I...I...” Harry stuttered.

“Is something wrong haz?” Louis asked, concerned.

“Nothing lou. I just wanted to say that I love you Louis.” Harry spat out in a quick breath, sending a small smile towards Louis.

Louis’ heart skipped a beat and his breath hitched in his throat when he heard Harry’s husky voice say those three words he wanted to hear directed to him for so long.  

After seeing Harry’s worried expression, Louis let himself relax as he said,”I love you too Harry.”

Harry’s infectious grin lit up his face as his left dimple showed, and his bright green eyes twinkled. He looked like a little boy who just received the newest toy car for Christmas and Louis could not help but smile at the boy sitting in front of him, whom he, without a doubt loved.

The rest of the afternoon, they walked around, exploring the woods and talking about everything and anything under the sun. It was indeed an unforgettable day.

Louis let himself get caught up in the memory and smiled unknowingly as his thoughts drifted.

“Maybe...maybe me and Haz can go there again someday.” Louis thought.

 Then the vicious reality dawned on him. Harry styles was gone. He was dead. Never to be seen again. Someday would never come. The man Louis loved and would love for all of eternity was never to be beside him again.

Louis let himself fall back into the couch, falling deeper and deeper into depression as he stared at the picture of Harry in his hand. He allowed a stray tear to fall, falling straight onto one of Harry’s luscious curls.

The picture of Harry was the only one Louis was left with. The boys and Louis’ family refused to let him keep anything that was Harrys, anything with Harry in it, and anything given to him by Harry.

Louis growled at the memory of Liam pulling the engagement ring from Harry forcefully off his finger. Saying that Louis needed to stop dwelling on the memory of Harry and that he was better off without it. That Harry Edward styles was never coming back.

Louis knew that, of course he did. But that didn’t mean he didn’t want to remember Harry did it? Of course not. Stupid Liam. What did he know? He and Danielle were perfect together, with a perfect little family. Like he knew what it was like to lose someone he loved.

And then Louis bit his tongue. He remembered when Liam’s mother passed away. Liam did understand. Louis cursed himself for being this rude.

Louis was frustrated. Frustrated at himself for being this way. Frustrated At Harry for leaving him.

And then Louis saw a bright light and out of curiosity, he walked towards it.

He gasped when he saw Harry, standing there and smiling. He shook his head, convinced it was all an illusion.

If perfection existed, it would have been Harry right then. Flawless skin. Chocolate brown curls that Louis ached to run his fingers through. Sparkling green eyes. He seemed to be in the middle of a lot of fog, grinning at Louis.

“Hey Lou” Hologram Harry started and Louis stifled a scream.

“H…Harry?” Louis stuttered uncertainly.

“Yeah hi lou. I can’t stay for long so listen closely,” Harry said with a certain amount of insistence and Louis simply nodded.

“Louis William Tomlinson. I’ve left this earth for 2 months and you’re still mourning? Where’s that cheeky Louis I know and love? I miss him Lou” Harry started

“He’s gone Haz. He left with you.” Louis said softly, biting his lip to prevent himself from crying.

“No, Lou he hasn’t. He’s in there somewhere. Lou, stop mourning. Continue living your life. Start cracking jokes, start acting like you used to because I’m never coming back Lou. You have to take care of yourself because I won’t be here to. At least not physically. But Louis, I’ll be your guardian angel. I’ll be there when you have a problem. I’ll be there when you need help, when you need to make a decision. When you’re sad, I’ll be there to help you through it. When you’re happy, I’ll smile with you, I’ll celebrate with you. Find love again Louis, go out there again. The boys are right. You have to stop dwelling Louis. And I’ll be here for you forever no matter what. I love you. Goodbye”

And before Louis could respond to the monologue, Harry disappeared into thin air.

And yet this time when Harry left, Louis was smiling.

Smiling because Harry would forever be there. Right there with him. Smiling because Harry, unlike last time, had a chance to say goodbye.

From that day on, Louis became considerably happier. The other boys didn’t know why and they didn’t ask. They were just glad Louis started to go back to his acting jobs and that they were recording again. They were just glad they had Louis back. The Louis they knew for so long and so well.

Louis never knew if Harry was there or if it was just a dream. But it helped him to have faith. To believe. To believe that harry loved him and that Harry would be there forever. And that, in itself, was good enough for Louis.

A/N

hey :) hope you like the one shot. I have this and a few more stories on wattpad as WishUponAWishingStar. I'll appreciate if you check them out :) x If you like this, I don't mind writing a more solid story on this ship/ any others :)

much love! x

niallers penguin x