Legend of The Kim

It's A Family Affair

[Normal POV]

Knock knock.
-Come in – the mid-twenties man held up his spectacles and wore a questioning glance towards the opaque glass door. Seconds later, a woman with white nursing uniform entered the room holding a red clipboard with her.

-Good morning, Doctor Kim – she smiled warmly and strode towards the doctor – I’m here to collect your research about our patient which you claimed to have a ‘mysterious’ illness – the woman stated while quoting and emphasizing the important word. The man’s I’m-so-cool expression just then was replaced by a dumbstruck demeanor, slightly startled.

-W…well. As you can see I’m quite busy now. Can I hand it to you later? Maybe after lunch?

-Uhm, since you’ll hand it later, it would be good if you send it to Doctor Park’s room yourself. Is that okay with you, doctor? - the petite, strict-looking woman asked; more to commanding though.

-Perfectly fine. I myself have something to deal with him actually - the other smiled reassuringly, absently clicking the pen in his hand causing the silent room to resonate with the constant clicking sound.

-Okay. I’ll just get going then. Have a nice day, doctor Kim - she idly walked away.

-Have a nice day to you too – he politely answered.

The small figure vanished behind the door.

-. I totally forgot! - came a curse from a Kim Donghae as he slumped down into his chair while massaging his temples.

*****

[Donghae’s POV]
Yes, that’s me, Kim Donghae. I’m a medical practitioner in a private hospital. Of course I am one of the best doctors in town! But lately, I am kinda distracted especially when my parents had left for the US, and I have to take care of my younger brother, Kim Ryeowook, who is apparently a high schooler. Heck, he’s even 17 now. Trust me, he’s a real pain in the neck sometimes.

To tell you the truth, I’d rather take over a herd of sheep than Ryeowook. Ryeowook practically lives in his world; he loves to imagine things and I once had involved in a fight with him years ago when I heard he was talking alone in his room. I considered it was some kind of his imaginary friends but he denied it and kicked my instead. That’s how bizarre he can be. But I love him nonetheless as he was the epitome of sunshine to me; cheerful, lively and most importantly, providing warmth.

Back to our story, I was on my way back to my house where I left the research documents. I sighed as I have to skip my lunch today in order to hand in the stupid research. Yes, for me it’s stupid as I didn’t expect them to believe me when I joked that my patient had a ‘mysterious’ illness. Frankly, she wasn’t even sick. The only problem with her was budging me at the hospital and telling me that she had serious illness though I clearly know the fact that she’s got her heart on fire for me. It’s not my fault that most of my patients have a crush on me. I’m hot for God’s sake!

I parked my car, rushed inside the house and was welcomed by a blaring loud music upstairs.

It must be Ryeowook.

Didn’t he have school? Oh, I forgot that summer vacation will end in 2 days. Enjoy the remaining free time, huh?

Shrugging, I climbed up the stairs and busted into my room, practically shoving the documents which were lying messily on my desk into my bulging old briefcase.

As I made my way downstairs, my curiosity brought me to eavesdrop what was happening inside my brother’s room.

*****

[Normal POV]

A while ago…

Ryeowook popped his head out of the door, glancing around the living room.

No one was there.

He tip toed to the kitchen and sneaked in. Nothing was alive.

Well if someone was actually here cooking, I would probably be fighting for my life in the hospital now.

The bathroom, to his satisfaction, was also empty.

The petite glanced at his watch – or his ‘communicator’, and whispered:

-All clear, sir.

And he automatically replied, tempting to tone his voice down a little bit, making it sound ridiculous:

-Alright then. You’re allowed to do the task.

The little golden watch was still normal, but to his dreamingly imagination, the glassy surface was reflecting a fine man in 3D, who appeared to be his 'manager'.

The mysterious ‘spy’ literally bounced back to his room, eyes sparkling at his thought.

-It’s Wookie time!!! – he yelled enthusiastically and turned the music louder.

He swayed his body ridiculously to the beat, imagining himself as some kind of disco kings in the 80s. His silly moonwalk leaded him to the big mirror of the dressing table, and he winked. Bunch of foolish expressions were made after as the owner of them idiotically smiled.

-I’M SO COOL! PARTY LIKE A SUPERSTAR! I ppeuni deul da moyeora tteotda, oppa, oppa!!!

Ryeowook practically screamed the lyrics out of his heart. The man then picked up a pair of black, Y-styled sunglasses and put them on, straightening his shirt’s collar.

-Aww, who are you? You look so cute!!!

-Kim Ryeowook is mah name! I. Am a very mysterious spy. And handsome, too!

He self-asked and self-answered, then his hand made a gesture of a gun and the index finger pointed straight to his reflection at the mirror.

-Well then, I shall kill you for your handsomeness, Kim Ryeowook!

*****

[Donghae’s POV]

I can’t stifle my giggles as I heard muffled voice in the room talking ‘I shall kill you for your handsomeness, Kim Ryeowook!’ and other lame self-praises dialogues. Honestly, hearing Kim Ryeowook talking alone has become one of my favorite routines now. All the stressing and tiring stuffs from work seemed to disappear and I admit that Ryeowook’s self-babbling session serves as a medicine for me.

I decided to before bringing myself to work. So I slowly opened the door and peeked my head in with a smirk.

-And I guess I shall also do a little help to kill your craziness, huh? – I said with teasing-like manner and I swore the view in front of me was hilarious that I can roll on the floor laughing my day off. There stood Kim Ryeowook, wearing a dress shirt and a pair of black Y-styled glasses sitting nicely on his nose. Not to mention his hair; the superman-like hair and white pimp leather shoes. Perfect dork.

The music was still on but my brother has gone numb. I could feel his cheeks flushed redder as he stood there like a carved statue.

Seriously I’m going to have a good time laughing later.

-H…hyung! Why…why are you home this early? – his brain finally functioned, and he mumbled, his stutter barely louder than a whisper.

That’s what you get for being silly, honey.

-I forgot some documents so I came home to get them – I smirked – and of course, to see this insane thing, too.

-I…I… Aish, you meanie!

Ryeowook suddenly gathered all the strength he had and shoved me out of the door. I was too surprised at the reaction so I was unable to react and let him be.

Well, embarrassed my brother like that was already enough to make him dig a hold and bury himself there.

I heard a loud thud as he slammed the door shut. Walking out of the house, I could barely suppress my laughter as the image of the ‘Michael Kim Jackson’ kept playing in my head. Skipping lunch was such a good idea.

Some random people walking on the street eyed me questioningly, but I didn’t care.

This had definitely made my day.