Chapter Six - Panicking.

Mischief and Love

 

It's about 8 PM and i'm casually sitting on a wooden stool, just gazing at the endless raindrops tumbling out of they grey sky. Without a care in the world, the town greeted heavy rain and were met by blades of striking, angry thunder. It was quite unusual for a weather like this to pop by and visit, considering the fact that normally the sun splashed everybody.
 
I'm listening to the pitter patter noise of the rain and I sigh, perching my legs up and resting my chin on my knees. The plan is going superb. Minho was about to kiss me, too.. that's a bonus, right?
 
But i'm not happily thinking about how great we'll be as a couple and so on, back and forth.
 
Kai's words still linger at the back of my mind, angrily telling me to end this plan once and for all. I'm selfish, I know it. I wont care about how Yuri feels.. she's been nothing but sweet to everybody. She doesn't deserve such pain if I ever do manage to break the two up.. she's too nice to even hurt.. she's-
 
"What am I saying?" I mutter bitterly to myself. She's.. she's not sweet, at all! She stole Minho away from me, already knowing how strong our bond was! She's the reason Minho and I barely get to hang out alone anymore! She's the reason i'm in all this heartbreaking pain! She's the reason for everything! Yet, I call her sweet? Taemin, you're a fool. A complete and utter, insane fool.
 
I came here to seperate, from everybody else. Just to be by myself.. just to think thoughts through, making sure i'm not turning too evil or anything.
 
We've got fans to make happy and fans will probably think strangely of me if i'm known to have such a bad attitude from now on. I can't let that happen.
 
"Taemin?"
 
I blink and slowly turn my head, to greet the sight of Minho leaning against the door. "Hyung."
 
"What are you doing here? Isn't it cold out here?" He questions softly, walking towards me.
 
I shrug lightly, turning my gaze back to the rain. I can barely even hear him, so he sits besides me on the chair left to me, inhaling a breath. After a long silence, he finally speaks. "I can.. I can tell you anything, right?"
 
"Yes, hyung, you can." I smile softly, placing my hand on his shoulder and squeezing for assurance.
 
He gives me one right back and rubs his face with his hand uncomfortably. "Yuri and I.. had a fight."
 
"Oh." I mumble, removing my hand from his shoulder and looking away. Just the name manages to put my mood down.
 
He continues, "It wasn't just a small arguement we had. She said some pretty hateful things towards me out of pure anger.. I know.. I-I know she didn't mean it.." He pauses, a sigh escaping his lips. "But it hurts. I didn't mean to upset her.. I just.. I just snapped at her. She was shocked, to say the least. Then she looked hurt.. she tol-- she asked me why I was becoming so mean.. I took th-that as an insult and yelled at her.. f-for being so clingy, right? I didn't mean to! It was a r-r-r-eflex achtihio-o-o-n."
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" I ask worriedly as Minho continues to stammer, his breathing suddenly getting uneven. He grips onto his knees and swallows, his eyes widening extremely. "H-hyung!" I shriek, crouching in front of him and squeezing his shoulders tightly. "W-what's wrong?"
 
And without a split second, Minho faints into my arms.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
I sigh, my hand slowly careassing Minho's cold cheek. 
 
He fainted about two hours ago and now he's taking a long nap. I watch as his chest slowly heaves up and down peacefully, as if nothing ever happened. Another sigh blows out of my lips.
 
This is plain and simple Yuri's fault.
 
If she hadn't been such a , Minho wouldn't have such a nervous breakdown. 
 
And oh god, no. If Yuri thinks she can step into this house without the slighest bit of sadness or worry, she should smack herself.
 
There's no way i'm letting her-
 
But what about the plan, Taemin? I can hear Key nagging already. I bury my face into my heads and bite my palm, completely annoyed with my existance. Did God want me to fail miserably in life and get heartbroken, repeatedly?!
 
"Taemin?" The faintest noise of a whisper snaps me back from hell and back to reality, where I immediately turn my head to the voice.
 
"Hyung! Y-you're awake!" I squeak, placing my own, trembling hand on his cold one. A rush of happiness meets me and even though I would love to squeeze his hand and embrace him so tightly that he knows how much I missed him-- even if it was for two hours. But I remind myself, he's still slightly half-asleep and weak and if I show my affection to him right now, he'll probably faint again.
 
A tiny, weak smile tugs at his lips and I watch as he slowly, but gently entwines our fingers together. My breath hitches as I stare at our hands, folded together on his chest. I'm.. i'm holding his hand.. "H-hyung." I whisper, unable to actually feel my own body. It's as if i've died and went to heaven.
 
His smile widens. "Thanks, Taemin-ah."
 
"For what?" I mumble quietly. All I ever did was let him faint in my arms and then I did have a hard time carrying him and gently laying him on the sofa.. and then I placed a hot water cloth on his forehead and right after that.. I may have.. just.. given him a tiny peck on his forehead.
 
He chuckles quietly. "For staying with me here. I remember fainting."
 
"Because of-" I stop, biting my lower lip, wondering if I should continue. If I put Yuri and the fight back into his mind, some serious things could happen. "Actually, nevermind, hyung. You should continue to sleep. Are you hungry?"
 
He scrunches up his nose like an adorable bunny. These are the times where I have this sudden urge to smash my lips against his.. but i'll restrain myself. Oh I will. "A bit, yeah."
 
I raise my eyebrows and remember seeing a small package on the table near us. Slowly, making sure that our entwined hands don't let go, I turn on the chair i'm sitting on and like I predicted- there's a small yellow gummy bear packet. "Will this be good enough?" I grin, turning back to him and slowly opening the packet with one hand, trying my best not to let our hands go.
 
It's this sudden warmth i'm getting from his hand, I want to hold his hand forever. It's not only how amazing our hands fit together, but how he was the one who entwined them in the first place. I know that this might not be forever, just me and him.. but I want to at least, if the plan does fail, to be with him as a best friend. It doesn't matter if he wont accept a relationship between us, because he should know that even throughout all the pain raining down on me, i'll be there by his side.
 
Because that's what best friends are supposed to do, right? 
 
He chuckles as I take a gummy bear out and plop it into his mouth, beginning to chew. After a while of feeding him, he slowly snuggles down on the couch and begins to sleep again, leaving our hands entwined and me still sitting on the chair. 
 
With a slight bit of hesitation, I place a kiss on his forehead again.
*~*~*~*
"Rise and shine!"
 
I blink, trying to take in all my surroundings at once. I can see a ray of sunlight splashing through the open window in the distance and I force myself to sit up straight, only realizing what the events of yesteday were.
 
Minho.
 
With a swift movement, I look down at the sofa and a breath of not only anger, but dissapointment escapes my lips as I realize i'm the one laying on the sofa now, not him. "Where'd he go?" I tiredly question to Key, who was taking a snapshot of himself in front of a bushy plant inside.
 
Key shrugs lightly. "But I peeked and saw him carrying you to the sofa. Funny because he placed a kiss on your cheek, too."
 
I try to process what Key exactly said and once I imagine the sight in my head, a blush slowly starts creeping onto my cheeks. "He.. did?"
 
Key nods, the faintest trace of happiness flashing through his eyes. "You guys are getting closer, no doubt." He points out, before checking his watch. "Oh crap, i've got to go."
 
"Where?" I rub my eye lazily. Key's usually not a morning person. He turns into the incredible Hulk if somebody wakes him up obnoxiously.
 
Key swings a bag over his shoulder and rushes to the door. "An interview!"
 
"But I thought this was our holiday?! We're not supposed to have any interviews for a while!" I point out, eyeing him suspiciously. 
 
Key stops in his track just as a nervous chuckle escapes his lips. "I-um, i'll see you later!" He coughs up awkwardly, before fleeing.
 
"Weirdo." I mumble under my breath, climbing off the bed. It's only now I can smell something sweet and sugary, drifting around in the air. Jonghyun and Onew were cooking? Jonghyun is not a bad chef at all, actually, his food are pretty damn delicious. I don't know about Onew.. all he ever cooks is chicken or some strange soup that nobody eats but himself.
 
I find my way to the kitchen and stretch, realizing it was only Onew there and not Jonghyun. "Where'd everybody dissappear off to?"
 
Onew turns around and a bright smile takes over his lips. "Ah, Taemin! You're awake." He chirps brightly, washing his hands in the sink. "I asked Key where he was going and he didn't answer and Minho left pretty early in the morning. Jonghyun didn't tell me where he was going, either."
 
I sigh, taking a seat at the dining table and resting my head on it. "What's that delicious smell?"
 
"Cheesecake!" Onew's smile widens as he places a small plate of what looked like chocolate cheesecake onto the table. 
 
"Wow." I breathe, quite impressed. Did Onew suddenly take cookery courses or something? "You're getting better at cooking."
 
And with that simple line, his smile vanishes and a flat look replaces it. "You thought I cooked this? I randomly found it in the fridge!"
 
Oh. "I see." I laugh, grabbing the nearest fork and stabbing the cake. "No wonder.. if you ever tried to make cheesecake, it would be all burnt and soggy and weird and-"
 
"Hey, don't be so mean!" He interrupts, furrowing his eyebrows as if my insults really were such a big deal. I chuckle and take a bite, savoring it's delicious taste. "Did you even brush your teeth?" He raises his eyebrow.
 
I smile sheepishly. "Nope.."
 
"Gross." Onew mumbles. "Go brush your teeth after eating, we're going to Yuri's."
 
"Omo! Now?!" I yell, my mouth dropping.
 
Onew laughs quietly, pursing his lips soon after. "No, in the night. She invited us for dinner."
 
"Why?" I rudely question. It's not my fault. She suddenly makes Minho angry and decides to invite us for dinner?! What on Earth is she bloody thinking?! If she thinks she can-
 
"It's a party. Everyone's going." Onew says, with a tone of annoyance as he slurps his orange juice.
 
I roll my eyes and grumpily stab the cake again. "I'm not going."
 
"And why not?" Onew narrows his eyes at me, placing his cup back down. "It's rude if you don't come."
 
"I don't want to go." I childishly whine. "I don't even want to talk to Yuri! Nor do I even want to see her."
 
Onew sighs, burying his face into his hands as if my level of stupidity was too extreme, even for him to handle. "Have you forgotten about the plan or something?"
 
"No."
 
"If you want Yuri to be all around Minho at the party, then stay here like a grumpy kid." Onew mutters, standing up before taking another sip of his juice. "Anything could happen there."
 
I sigh.
 
I wonder if he's right.
 
A/N: I wonder.. oh I wonder. BTW, I'm sorry for a lame, short chapter D: I've been organizing things for school which is starting soon :/. But I hope you enjoy this chapter anywaysss. Thank youuu for your support <3 x, Clara.