Chapter Twenty One - Immature

Mischief and Love

 

"You came!" Kai calls as soon as we step into view, a wide grin playing adorably on his lips as he rushes towards us. Without even letting me catch a breath of air, he yanks my arm and starts chanting, "Follow me! Follow me!"
 
"Kai-- wait, Kai, u-ugh, Kai!" I groan irritatedly as he begins to drag me away from the other members. I send them a frantic, almost desperate look, but they just shrug it off as if this never even happened. Well, besides Minho. He's looking at the floor, a concentrated look on the floor. Eyebrows furrowed, lips curved into a tiny frown-- it's like he didn't even notice me being dragged away. 
 
Kai drags me away to some pretty park, which I didn't even know which was here. Full of light flowers scattering the floor, the dark night sky was so brightly visible that I just couldn't stop the gasp from escaping my dumbfounded lips. "This.. this was here?"
 
"What?"
 
"I mean-- this park." I laugh heartily, still gazing up at the sky. "It's so pretty. I didn't even know a park would be near a hot, beach resort."
 
"There's a lot of things you don't know." He murmurs softly from behind me, sending shivers down my spine as he places his hand on my shoulder gently. "You've just.. been stuck to him to realize anything."
 
I brush his hand off my shoulder, annoyed. "Can you just stop bringing that up every time we get a happy moment?" I hiss, trying to hide the pain in my voice. 
 
"This time, i'm going to prove it to you." His eyes are dark, flashing sudden excitement and determination. I swallow thickly. "Have you ever gone swimming in the night?"
 
"What-- Kai, we're not doing that. Can't we just stay here, just relax?"
 
He smiles softly. "We're leaving in one minute."
 
"Good for nothing bastard," I huff under my breath as I sit down on the grassy floor.
 
He chuckles. "I heard that."
 
"Good."
 
Suddenly, i'm pushed down to the floor. "You've become naughty, haven't you, hyung?"
 
He's straddling me. The is wrong with this bastard doesn't he know the only guy I want on top of me is that ing good for nothing frog dammit--
 
"Me? Naughty?"
 
I didn't even realize I was playing along.
 
He smirks slyly. "Your so called 'innocence' doesn't fail to amuse me."
 
"I'm trying to amuse nobody, boy." I roll over with all my might, and with high laughter, i'm on top of him now. He laughs with me, and for one second, Minho was out of my mind. "If Kyungsoo saw us, he'd probably kill me."
 
"Why is that?"
 
"You do know that he's madly in love with you, right?" 
 
"I have eyes on somebody else."
 
A lump forms in my throat at his sudden intimidating gaze. Don't ask this don't ask this don't ask this don't ask this don't ask this--  "W-who is it?"
 
A smile tugs at his lips. "It's no use telling you because that guy is caught up in his own fantasy with this other guy."
 
Is he.. talking about.. me-- "Well.. maybe that guy really really loves that guy."
 
"Or maybe, he's just so stuck up in that guy's that he doesn't realize that there's much better people out there on earth, for example, me." He rolls us over, now gazing down at me with a fierce, y expression.
 
"Well maybe that guy is the right one. Maybe that guy knows what he's doing.. and who he loves." I roll us over. "He knows."
 
Another roll. "He doesn't. He wouldn't be dating an ultimate douchebag then."
 
"Maybe under that douchebag aura is a beautiful, blossoming heart." I glare down at him.
 
"Maybe it seems so, but then maybe he'll just crush that guy." He challanges me.
 
"Maybe.. maybe just-- ugh, maybe that guy is much, much more than you see him as!" I can't help but snap loudly, my lips trembling in the process.
 
He rolls off me, collapsing onto the floor with a sigh. "Love ."
 
"Th-that's because you give up, easily."
 
. I basically hinted for him to make a move on me. "I-I mean," I quickly splutter as he whips around to my direction, eyes slightly wide. "L-like  just.. um.. what i'm saying i-is that, be friends with the guy at least!"
 
The hope in his eyes falter slightly as he looks back up at the sky. With another sigh, he says, "Why is everything tough though. Like.. we have to work so hard for something.. and, and in the end-- we wan't something else and then it's like.. working hard all over again. I know it's foolish and stupid of me to think like this-- I mean, it sounds like i'm giving up or something-- but I mean.. like.. why can't we all be disney princesses?"
 
I burst out into frantic laughter. "Disney princesses?! What?! Why!"
 
He laughs with me softly as he turns back to his side. "Because they always, and I repeat always have their happy endings."
 
"Oh god, Kai-- seriously, what the hell man!" My laughter dies down to a fit of quiet giggles. "You're so weird."
 
He grins and shifts more closer to me. "And that's what you love about me." I can hear him murmur quietly, before my head is suddenly met with his chest. His arms circled around me, and for now we're just gazing up at the dark blue sky. 
 
My heart is pounding against my chest quite loudly, but I assure myself that just a bit of comfort from him wouldn't hurt.. 
 
The only sources of noises was our steady breathing, calm and even. For once, all my worries were vanished-- all the pain and bitterness in my heart just felt.. gone. His arms were protective, and for some reason, I thought it was adorable. Like Kai was trying to shield me away from the dark side--
 
The dark side.
 
Minho?
 
I squeeze my eyes close, brushing off the thoughts as I willingly snuggle closer to him. I can hear his breath hitch, but I ignore it. 
 
*~*~*~*
 
I come back to the apartment a little late at night, and i'm greeted by a half-dead Key sleeping on the sofa, shirt half way up, hair messed up and lips parted. Looks like the party really did him. Then there's Jonghyun on the sofa besides that, perfectly snuggled up in a blanket. Onew is in his bed-- wow, and then there's Minho.
 
Minho.
 
"Minho? Are you alseep?" I whisper softly as I tip toe through the room. The TV and the AC are both on, so I grab the remote and turn it off. It's chilly, so I quickly rush over to Minho's bed. He's eyes are closed, but I could feel his breath hitch as my fingers brushed gently across his cheek. "Minho, stop faking sleep."
 
He mumbles some incohorent crap and then suddenly turns to his side, but I didn't miss the annoyed expression on his face. 
 
"What? What did I do?" I scoff, tracing the patterns on his blanket as I glare at him. "I just asked if you were alseep-- and plus, you weren't."
 
"Can you shut up and just-- just let me sleep?" He grumbles, voice muffled from the pillow.
 
A scowl tugs at my lips. "Well, fine then! I was just asking a question."
 
And then, as I begin to climb inside my own bed, he says.
 
"Oh why don't you go ask Kai some questions instead?"