Chapter Two - Step One, Kindness.

Mischief and Love

_______

"Oh my god, Minho, you're so funny!"

My fists clench as I take in the sight of Minho and Yuri, laughing around on the couch. Her head is nuzzled in Minho's fine chest and giggles are escaping her lips. Once again, it pisses me the off. The TV is not on, so I suppose their only interests were eachother. "Oh Yuri, you're still here?" I question sweetly, grabbing her attention as I remove my coat and hang it on the rack. I've got to be calm and sweet on the outside, while my insides are burning with fury at the pure sight of her.

Step one, be kind to Yuri.

Key had told me that if I yelled at her or shoved my fist to her face, Minho would probably return it to my own face and get extremely angry, which would result in him ignoring me for weeks. Or years, maybe. Being nice to Yuri makes Minho think that i've actually started taking a liking to her, (ugh) and will probably be a lot happier than me taking her to hospital.

"Oh, Taemin! Where did you go?" She grins cutely, ignoring Minho who has a suspicious look on his face. I can't blame him though. I mean, at first, I was completely avoiding the out of him and now, i'm being extra nice to his girlfriend. Who on earth does that?

None of your business, , I think to myself grumpily. "Oh.. um, we just went to a cafe. I was hungry." I smile brightly, making my way towards the sofa. Onew's soon following behind, obviously with a plate of fried chicken in one hand and a fizzy drink in the other. He joins me on the sofa, doing exactly what he's been told to do.

We had discussed our tactics at the taxi, on our way back home. Our main goal for today was to basically them. We need to be wherever they are and laugh around like it's no big deal we're awkwardly creeping around. Even though I feel awkward myself doing this, I have to, or otherwise the bond they share will grow stronger and i'll just clumsily be pushed away, the plan failing instantly.

"Oh Minho you fool, turn on the TV! I heard EXO were doing a song, it might be on!" Key prances into the living room like a unicorn, sitting on the other sofa. Minho grumpily chucked the remote to him, probably unhappy that his fine moment with Yuri is completely messed up.

Key squeals and turns on the TV, changing channels every few seconds. When he finally found a familiar face on TV, he squealed with delight as he took in the sight of a smiling, perfect Kai on the screen. Ever since I told Key I was pretty much childhood best friends with Kai, he's been dying to meet him. Key tells me we look alike and that he's probably the 'cutest cupcake in the universe.' This also resulted in some jealousy forming from Jonghyun. "He's so pretty!" 

Jonghyun soon comes in the room, a obnoxious expression plastered on his face. "He isn't that cute." Jonghyun mutters, sitting besides Key.

Key simply rolls his eyes. "What are you on about? He's like Taemin! So cute, yet he can be so y at times!"

I blush furiously and look away, crossing my arms against my chest. "Umma! Stop embarrassing me!" I whine, trying to reduce the color in my pale cheeks.

"What? It's true!" Key rambles on, his hands moving around. "From one second you're this cute little teddy bear who everyone wants to cuddle and then the next second, you're this y tiger who everyone wants to !"

Onew sniggers besides me, almost choking on his chicken bone. I can tell Yuri is extremely uncomfortable about this subject, as she's silent and squirming around in her seat. Well, i'll keep the subject going then. "Is that true?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yep. Did you see that photo? The one where you had stuffed tigers around you and you were grinning? Now that, that was cute. Then one second later, I saw a freaking picture of you with your long hair and a y expression on. I almost choked." Jonghyun explains his dramatic story. "For a person to be cute and then suddenly y is pretty damn surprising.

Finally, Minho speaks. "True."

My heart swells up with pure joy and I try to fight back the large smile making it's way onto my face. At least he wasn't negative about this subject, he actually didn't mind! I'm about to speak, but from the corner of my eye I can see Yuri whispering in Minho's ear. Minho simply stands up and nods. "Guys, Yuri and I are going to my bedroom."

"Use protection." Onew shouts, earning a few sniggers from us and a high five from Key.

As soon as they're gone, i'm about to stand up and follow them like my job, but Onew pulls me back down on the sofa. "Wait, i've got something to tell you."

"Go on." Key urges him, a suspicious look on his face.

Onew swallows and his eyes flicker from us one by one, as if this subject is as serious as the world ending. "I've got another step Taemin can do, after Minho's slightly attracted to him again."

"It better not be stupid." Jonghyun mumbles, his hands folded together. 

Onew rolls his eyes, placing his plate of chicken aside on the table and looking at me seriously. "You're really good friends with Kai, right?"

"Aw man!" Jonghyun complains obnoxiously. "Why does Kai have to be in this plan?"

"Just be quiet!" Onew snapped, a look of annoyance dawning on his face. "Anyway," He turns to me, the same serious expression returning. "You are, right?"

I nod slowly. "Yeah.. Kai and I have been friends forever."

"Right.. so when Minho is attracted to you, you need Kai to help us out." Onew smiles devioushly, his eyes twinkling. 

I raise my eyebrows. "Why? What does Kai have to do with this?"

"Who cares, I want to see Kai anyway!" Key squeals like a fangirl. Honestly, if he wasn't in SHINee, i'm 100% sure he'd be the number one fangirl. You could hear his squeals and cries from miles away.

Onew lowers his head, as if talking about a secretive topic. Well, it sort of is. But it's not that secretive. He's just exaggerating. "When Minho is attra-"

"Hey guys, could you tell me where the kitchen is?"

My heart hammers against my chest and I instantly sit up straight, as if nothing just happened. ! She always had to come at the worst times, right?! "It's on your left on the hallway." I mutter, my voice raising from the nervousness slightly. Yuri simply nods with a happy smile on her face and skips away to the kitchen.

"Crap, that was close." Onew breathes heavily, running a frustrated, annoyed hand through his hair.

Jonghyun's lips curve up into a smirk at the poor boy's reaction. "Right, anyway, continue."

The chicken lover nods and bows his head again, only to have his hair pulled up by Key, his head knocking with the back of the sofa. "Ow, what did you do that for?!" Onew whines, rubbing the sore spot with a grumpy look.

Key rolls his eyes. "Stop bowing your head. We're not secret agents."

I supress the urge to laugh and I can see Jonghyun is doing the same. We don't want to humiliate Onew more. "Continue."

"Right, so..." Onew's words trail off as he sees Yuri now skipping up the stairs, this time with a cup of what looked like orange juice in her hand. "H-hey! She finished the orange juice! There was only a bit left and.. and she finished it!" He shrieked, his eyes widening. 

I groan, smacking Onew's shoulder. "Just tell us your plan! We've been disturbed too many times!"

"Right so anyway, when Minho.. is attracted to Taemin, we bring Kai in. We can tell if Minho really does love Taemin if he gets jealous whenever Kai and Taemin hang out. If he's not, our plan didn't work. If he is, he has feelings for Taemin and soon, Yuri will be dumped." He grins devioushly, rubbing his hands together like an evil master mind.

I raise my eyebrow. "I never knew you were so smart."

"Well what can I say? I came second place in my entire school." He wiggles his eyebrows, leaning against the sofa. "All you have to do with Kai is snuggle together and do all cute stuff all in front of Minho."

"I can't wait to see Kai!" Key squeals, once again, like an obsessive fangirl. "He's so attractive, it's crazy!"

Jonghyun rolls his eyes, crossing his arms against his chest. "Hey, i'm attractive too."

"Yeah, in a dinosaur way." Key jokes, earning a grumpy expression from Jonghyun in return. "No i'm kidding, you're the most iest guy ever." And that my friends, is how Key and Jonghyun decided to joke makeout on the couch, leaving Onew and I to share disgusted, annoyed looks.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"So.. could you help?" I plead, biting my lower lip nervously as I wait for Kai's response. Key and the others are nervously waiting aswell, as they only want a positive answer from Kai. 

Kai sighs from the other line. "Taemin, what you're doing right now isn't the right thing. True love is when-"

I cut him off immediately. "I don't care about that true love crap. So Minho and Yuri happily get to love eachother while thunder strikes down on me? Am I not allowed to experience love too, Kai? Am I not?"

Once again, he sighs. "You know what, fine. I'll meet you next week to discuss whatever the hell you want. But seriously, I remind you, think through this. You might end up hurting Minho too instead of making him love you."

"Kai, I know what i'm doing." I mutter, even though slight happiness is leaking through my voice. "Thanks Kai, it means a lot."

"No problem." He replies, ending the call.

I sigh. 

"So what did he say?" Jonghyun questions nervously, his eyes filled with curiousity and impatience.

I bite my lip. "He said okay but.. he's kinda pissed off we're doing this in the first place."

Key raises his eyebrows. "Does Kai look y when he's pissed?"

"How am I supposed to know? I haven't seen him in a while." I laugh quietly, shaking my head at Key's crazyness. "Why are you so obsessed with him, anyway?"

"He's a serious look alike of you, duh!" Key begins, giving me a look that says 'are-you-serious' written all over it. "But he's the y version of you. You're the cute version of him. So obviously I want to see the y side of my son." 

"Whatever." 

*~*~*~*~*

MINHO'S POV

__________

Why the hell are they acting like this?

I mean first, they were all hateful towards me and tried avoiding me in every situation possible. They even left to a Cafe without bloody telling me, seriously! And then, they come home and are acting so sweet to Yuri, not me. They didn't talk to me, but they were being nice to my girlfriend. Okay, seriously? And then when Yuri was thirsty, I told her to go get the orange juice downstairs. When she came up, she told me how they were all hurdled in a circle, talking quietly. And now, here they are, acting as if nothing happened. Yuri left an hour ago, telling me we should meet up again tomorrow. I agreed, obviously. I mean, she's gorgeous and she is my girlfriend.

But enough about that princess. I need to know something about Taemin, Onew, Key and Jonghyun.

Why are they ganging up on me?

All throughout dinner, they've been sharing glances towards eachother besides me. They've been laughing with eachother and whispering, as if i'm non-existent. I act like it doesn't matter, but deep down, it stabs like a knife in the ing heart. What ever did I do wrong?

I finish up my pizza and stand up, not saying a word to them. I'm non-existent, right? So they wouldn't care anyway.

I walk over to the kitchen and place the dish in the sink, trying to stop the pain in my heart. Damn, I sound so cheesy right now. But seriously. They've been my best friends forever. And now just because of a girl, they're avoiding me? I swallow the painful lump in my throat and wash my hands, ignoring the presence of Taemin coming into the kitchen.

He looks hurt.

"Taemin, are you alright?" I question softly. Sure, i'm pissed off at them. But they still are my friends.

He plasters on a fake smile and nods slowly. "Sure am."

"You don't look okay." I say, biting my lower lip. Was he also hiding his sadness from me? "You know you can tell me anything, Taemin."

He shakes his head. "I'm not hiding anything, hyung." 

"So why are you so distant to me?"

He freezes and I can see him grimace. "W-what do you mean?"

"Taemin, you've been avoiding me the entire day." I sigh, running a hand through my long hair.

"I-i'm going to bed, Minho hyung. Good night."

And with that, he runs off.

Am I really that hateful?

________________