Chapter Eighteen - Realizations.

Mischief and Love

MINHO'S P.O.V.

 
"Come in!"
 
With nervous and agitated footsteps, I walk into the room. Even though it's simply my two good 'ol hyung's, my heart still hammered against my chest painfully as I walk inside, staring down at the wooden floor. "Um.. well.." I bite my lip frantically, wondering if this was such a good idea after all. Seriously? How stupid am I--
 
"What is it, Minho?" Eunhyuk's voice makes my attention divert to him, where he is currently sitting on the bed, with Donghae peacefully snuggled up besides him, his head resting on Eunhyuk's shoulder while his arm was comfortably lying across the other's waist. 
 
I wondered, what it would feel like to be snuggled up like that with Taemin, on the bed like an actual couple. Then I realized why he was here in the first place, so toughing up a little, I slowly goes over and sit by the corner of the bed. I stay silent for a moment, simply staring at their position and sighing heavily. "I.. I need to talk to you.."
 
Donghae, who was sleepily watching the scene, blinks a few times. "Minho.." His sentence is interrupted by a small yawn. "You look stressed out. Are you okay?"
 
I smile weakly at him. "I actually wanted to talk.. about something with you two, if that's okay.. I feel like," I pause, my eyes scanning their position, once again. "You two, have more experience and stuff.."
 
"Minho, if this is about --"
 
"Let the boy finish, Hyukkie." Donghae scowls playfully, rolling his eyes as he looks back at my flushed, embarrassed face. "Go on Minho, take your time."
 
I could understand that right then and there, that Donghae was the true female in their relationship. If Taemin and I were to ever.. have.. a.. relationship, I would probably be the male, and he would be the female. And I suppose, in Key's and Jonghyun's very.. complicated relationship, it's no doubt that Key is the female.
 
I look back at Donghae, figuring it would be better to have eye-contact with the nicer one of the couple instead of the rude, harrassing monkey instead. "Well you see.. i'm kinda.. confused.. hyung."
 
Donghae smiles softly, lazily sitting up and pulling Eunhyuk's arm away from his shoulder, earning a pout from him. "Confused about what, Minho?" He questions me, before sitting cross-legged on the bed, completely facing me now, to my dissappointment. It would've been better if he had been calm, sleepy and lazy like before, but now his attention is fully focused on me. It would've also been a whole lot easier if Eunhyuk wasn't here, to tease me and probably fool around when I leave.
 
"Well.. you see, Donghae hyung," I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. "My feelings." And before he could say anything else-- I said that one name, that made me go absolutely crazy. "For Taemin."
 
I didn't even dare to open my eyes, because I would know the priceless, shocked reactions on their faces. The oh so charasmatic Minho with the baby-faced, innocent Lee Taemin? Close buddies, definitely. But lovers? Totally unexpected. 
 
"Wait.. for Taemin?"
 
I grimace, hesitantly opening my eyes and meeting, just like I said, the priceless looks of Donghae and Eunhyuk. Donghae, didn't look that shocked, as if he had expected this somehow, but Eunhyuk on the other hand looked like he had caught Donghae cheating on him. "Which Taemin do you mean?! Lee Taemin? You've got to be joking and you're probably talking about another Taemin--"
 
"Yah! Hyukkie!" Donghae whines, obvious to my uncomfort as he glares at Eunhyuk. "Stop being so.. mean! We know there isn't another Taemin, okay? Now if you're going to be like this, I swear I will kick you out of this room and let Minho and I have our talk alone--"
 
"Okay, okay!" Eunhyuk raises his hands up in mock surrender, still quite astonished by my little news. He looks at me for a split second, before flashing me a sheepish smile and relaxing back into the pillows. "Okay, continue."
 
"Yes, continue." Donghae urges me, after a moment of hesitant silence.
 
I cough bunglingly, my eyes locking with Donghae's again. The friendliness and comfort in his eyes made it seem a little more easier to spew out all this drama in my mind, so I sigh, and begin. "Yuri and I.. we started dating a while ago. And of course, I truly did love her.. I mean, I was always happy around her and all that romantic mushy stuff, you know?"
 
Donghae simply nods, completely understanding while Eunhyuk tries to hold back a snicker. I couldn't blame him, though. This was not the usual side of me he saw.
 
"I thought nothing was wrong with our relationship." I continue quietly, each moment and memory flashing through my mind as I speak. "We were.. so.."
 
"In love?" 
 
"Yes.. Donghae, in love.." I try to bite black the blush threatening to spill on my already rosy cheeks. 
 
In love. I say the word in my mind, realizing how truly foreign it was to me until now. Even when those days when Yuri and I had our comforting, loving moments alone, the word never processed in my mind. It never shined out brightly or made me feel so dizzy and.. crazed. But now.. when Taemin suddenly controls my mind, it's like the word is everywhere I go. Literally. 
 
"Taemin.. I don't know, Donghae, Taemin really never.. felt happy about the fact that Yuri and I were dating." I tell him, remembering how he reacted when I spilled the beans to him. Remembering his scowls he tried to hide, or the darkness in his eyes whenever Yuri and I hung out. I could remember each, bitter moment like the back of a book. His hatred for our relationship stood out, it didn't always go unnoticed like he tried it to. "When I first told him about the news, I didn't expect him to go pale and start, well, crying. Then after that, he was alright for a few days but quite moody. But whenever I even metioned Yuri or hung out with her, his bright mood dampened instantly."
 
I stare at the bed now, the words spilling out of my mouth automatically. 
 
"Soon after that, we became a little closer again. Our friendship was back to normal.. but something was off about him. Like he was hiding something, a big, bad secret." I could remember how hesitant he always was when he wanted to tell me something, or to even touch me. He would even flinch at the smallest noises and he was never comfortable. "Then.. something changed. I didn't see him as a friend anymore. I don't know why, but all those friendly moments we had together triggered something inside me.. and I found him so much more beautiful."
 
"I mean, he was always pretty, of course." I chuckle quietly to myself. "It's just.. he was much more breathtaking in my eyes. I was confused as to why I thought of him like this."
 
"One day," I pause, remembering how this whole kissing session started. "He was too beautiful for me to handle. I came home one night and.. and.. I kissed him. I knew what I was doing, I knew what was happening but for some reason, I just didn't want to stop. It felt so amazing and right with him, not even how I felt when I was kissing Yuri."
 
"He was frozen at first, but then he started kissing me back. I didn't understand, I thought he'd push me away and scowl in disgust, but he kissed me right back. He felt so comfortable." Just the moment itself, brought a heavy blush to my cheeks. "But something was off about this, Donghae. I couldn't tell what. It felt.. like.. deja vu in a way. But I couldn't understand why. Taemin and I had never kissed before that, so I was extremely confused."
 
"Then.. I knew it was wrong. I didn't want to kiss him anymore.. so I wanted to stop. I had Yuri, so I didn't need Taemin. But then.." I swallow thickly, meeting Donghae's blank eyes, then staring back down at the bed. "He wanted to continue these kissing sessions. He said he enjoyed them, and.. and he wouldn't tell anyone we were doing this. I wanted to say no, Donghae, I really did.. but.. I just couldn't and.. I agreed."
 
"Soon after that, everything went a little steady, besides Jonghyun and Key's relationship. Something was off about them, but I didn't know. Taemin and I were okay as always, but then.. I couldn't stop miserably thinking of Yuri. I kept avoiding her kisses at all costs, because somehow, it felt like I was cheating on Taemin, even though that's complete bull. Even when we cuddled, the guilt always distracted me. So I decided to avoid Yuri, a bit. I answered her phone calls, but I truly didn't want to see her face. I lied everyday, saying I was busy or doing something with the guys. It hurt to do this, but.. I just couldn't see her beautiful face, knowing how much pain I could cause her without her even knowing."
 
I breath heavily. "But.. something was off. She wasn't whining or yelling, she wasn't even annoyed. She simply understood me. It's like.. she knew."
 
"And here I am. At this glorious place, telling you everything." I mutter weakly. "And that douchebag Kai is here, just when I thought this place would be splendid for Taemin and I alone. Alone. Everything's going downhill again because of him." I finish the story with a heavy sigh.
 
"Wow." Donghae breathes as I look up, his lips curled into a dreamy smile, his eyes shimmering.. with.. wait.. is that.. tears? "That sounds like an amazing romance novel~"
 
"I agree." Eunhyuk murmurs, changing his position so he's now lying on his stomach, besides Donghae. His lips were pursed, but the perplexed look in his eyes told me everything. He was just as shocked, but amazed like Donghae.
 
But, I did sort of expect this reaction. My story, in fact, wasn't cliche. There was a whole crapload of twists and turns, heartbreak and sadness, along with lots of spice and sugar. It isn't everyday you have a makeout session with your best friend, now, is it? 
 
Trying to hide the oh-so-peachy blush on my cheeks by placing my hands on them, I smile meekly. "It is.. sort of different, huh?"
 
"It is!" Donghae agrees quite agilely, a wide smile adorning his lips. He looks at Eunhyuk, a pout instantly forming on his lips cutely. "How come our love story isn't that interesting like his, hmm?"
 
"What are you talking about?" Eunhyuk snorts, with a look of annoyance. "Our love story is like.. world war, Donghae. You do know how much trouble we got into, how many rules we broke, how much fights we got into with others, etc, etc, right? And that one time-- oh jesus, that one time where we practically got lost in a forest?! You remember that don't you?! And you're saying our love story isn't interesting--"
 
"You two.. got lost in.." I pause, my eyebrows raised with a look of surprise etched on my face. "A forest?"
 
Donghae turns back at me, a sheepish smile taking over his lips. "Long story.. actually."
 
"I have all the time in the world." I tell him, quite curious to hear how they met, how they got in love, etc, etc. Knowing how quite opposite these two were, it was probably one hell of an epic story. 
 
"Well.." Eunhyuk begins, finally glad to be the center of attention. "It starts with me. I was a young boy back then, with handsome devioush looks and a dazzling smile as always--"
 
"Yah!" Donghae smacks Eunhyuk's shoulder, earning a glare off his lover. "We shouldn't be talking about our love story, when Minho came hear to talk about his!"
 
Damn.. I thought they'd forget.. I cover up my grimace with a forced smile. "No, no, it's fine! We can talk about my love story, right after yours. Go on, Eunhyuk hyung."
 
"No, Minho," Donghae shakes his head, an amused expression taking over his face. "I know, that this is a very embarrassing topic to talk about, but if we don't talk about this know, you'll end up confused with your feelings; and let me tell you by experience, Minho, it's a painful time."
 
"Fine." I give in with a smug look.
 
"Listen to this, Minho." Eunhyuk smirks playfully, kicking his feet back and forth like a five-year old. "Donghae, when it comes to sorting out one's feelings, he is a professional."
 
An adorable light pink blush blossoms on Donghae's cheeks. "I'm not that good.." He huffs, even though the smile tugging at his lips shows that he is pleased that for once, Eunhyuk is complimenting him in front of someone, instead of embarassing. "But anyway," He turns back to me, his mood suddenly serious and humorless. "By your story.. I think i've figured it out, Minho. I know.. the answer.. to your confusion."
 
I swallow miserably. Here goes nothing.. "And the answer is?"
 
"You and Taemin started off as simply friends, am I correct?"
 
"Y-yes.." I whisper, suddenly pertrubed to hear the answer, even though I came hear to find that out. I'm now abruptly worried, to see what's been bothering my mind for days and weeks now, even though I shouldn't be. I should be relieved, to know what the cause of everything is, and why i'm feeling like this..
 
"As time went on, Minho, Taemin began to mean something more to you." Donghae tells me, in all seriousness. "You began to think of him much more than a friend, because he means much more than that to you. You've been together, as friends, for a while now and know everything about him. It was just until recently you found out how.. truly perfect he is."
 
A small lump begins to form in my throat, just as my heart begins to hammer blantantly.
 
"You realized that Taemin wasn't just a friend. You want him as something more, because he's just that amazing. Those kisses you wanted to deny, but you just couldn't? It was because you loved them, Minho. Face the fact that you loved kissing Taemin, because.."
 
"Because?" I breathe, suddenly frantic and feeling heavy. "Because?!"
 
"You're in love with him, Minho."
 
I squeeze my eyes shut. This wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, this wasn't it! There has to be something else between us.. other than love! There has to be!
 
"I know.." I finally manage to choke out, after the heavy and thick silence.
 
Because all along, it was simply that one answer.
 
 
 
jesus.. this story is FINALLY getting somewhere! *cheers* everybody dance with me :D~ lalaalaalalal! No, seriously, i'm so glad. The past few chapters have been eckkk and useless. THIS STORY IS FINALLY GETTING INTERESTING! FINALLY! 
Your comments are loved <3 KEEP THEM COMING PLEASE ^^; I may not reply to all of your comments but you guys seriously don't know how grateful I am for them.. honestly. <3 I love you guys. 
And hopefully, faster updates now. phew. ^^