Chapter Seventeen - Losing my mind

Mischief and Love

Even as I woke up from my short nap, I could remember the way Kai's lips touched my cheek. The way he leaned in, the way his eyes glinted; just every little detail about that precious moment sent me swallowing thickly, my cheek feeling as if it was on fire.

Sure, I have no feelings whatsoever for Kai, but the reason why his kiss affected me so much was simply because..

Minho.

It hurt him, obviously. As soon as Kai kissed my cheek, he left abrubtly saying something about 'going for another swim'. I'm sure he just wanted the floor to swallow him up at that very moment; or, maybe to slap Kai across the face or something.

And of course, this whole 'jealousy' plan to win Minho's heart with Kai wasn't my idea-- but I agreed with it. I completely and utterly said yes, thinking this would be so easily and fun and nobody would get hurt and we'd live happily ever after.

Well no.

Minho's hurt and I should've expected that earlier; way earlier. Now I feel like a guilty, worthless who doesn't deserve to walk on planet earth.

"Ice cream!" I can hear Onew holler excitedly as he walks into the room, the noise of plastic bags and his feet shuffling against the foor making my attention divert to him. 

Jonghyun is besides him, a huge grin playing on his lips. "Guess how we got this, Taemin! Guess!"

"You payed for it at the store?" I mumble lamely, pushing my hands up and letting myself lazily slump in a sitting position.

Jonghyun frowns at my oh-so-dull cheeriness. "You're.. upset." He points out, simply standing there with the tubs of ice cream.

"I'm not." I shake my head lightly, which was an obvious lie judging by, well, pretty much me. "I just have a head ache." I lie. "And.. I you know, I don't feel well." Well that part wasn't exactly a full on lie. All this thinking and worrying keeps giving me these strange stomach churns and they do not feel nice at all.

Jonghyun purses his lips. "Well.. okay then."

"But pushing that aside.. ice cream will totally make you feel better!" Onew grins brightly, his grin pretty much blinding the whole world as he sits besides me on the bed. He brings out the tubs and unsurprisingly there is chocolate, strawberry and.. 

"What? Why is there bubblegum flavored?" I instantly ask, my lips curled into a perfect 'o'.

"Well.." Onew sheepishly smiles, scratching the back of his neck in an adorable fashion. "We always knew how you wanted it.. and we never got you it because well, we couldn't find it and this store just happened to have it.."

"And it was pricey! But we're nice today so yeah!" Jonghyun finishes for him, his grin appearing once again as he hands out three spoons. 

"Wahh~" I cry excitedly, going on my knees quickly and staring hard at the bubblegum flavored ice cream container. Sure, i've eaten it before-- but that was rarely. And plus, whenever we had our so called 'ice cream choosing time' we'd never get bubblegum because everyone would complain how too sweet it was or how too pink it was and that was the lamest excuse just because it was slightly pricey! "How did you get it?"

"Well," Jonghyun laughs quietly, opening the lid of the chocolate flavored ice cream. "We used aegyo for the chocolate and strawberry, but when we tried aegyo for the bubblegum.."

"The woman didn't accept it." Onew finishes with a pout, already digging in the strawberry ice cream. His voice is muffled by the ice cream in his mouth as he says, "So we had to pay for it."

"Oh." I mumble, spooning up some ice cream and stuffing it in my mouth.

Oh jesus.. here comes the rainbow explosions of this beautiful bubblegum flavored ice cream..

*~*~*

MINHO'S POV

I throw the towel over my shoulder and sigh heavily as I begin to walk down the hallway, my head flooded with painful thoughts. I'm so.. irreplacable aren't I? Taemin was kissing me a minute ago and then.. Kai simply replaces me with a click of a finger. I'm boring, worthless and completely lame. Am I even his damn type? Are my kissing skills bad?

Wait.. why am I worrying about this in the first place?

I sigh, again, squeezing my eyes shut. 

Honestly, I have no idea what's wrong with me.

Why should I care what Taemin thinks of my kissing skills.. or better yet, me? Why should I care if his 'kissing buddy' is replaced with some other guy?

Oh wait.. it's because I enjoy kissing the evilness that is named Lee Taemin. I enjoy feeling his lips moving smoothly and passionately against mine; I enjoy the way our tongues tangle fiercely, I enjoy the way our bodies press against eachother; I enjoy the way his hands tangle in my hair; unfortunately to say, I enjoy making out with Taemin.

So it's probably because.. I want to continue to kiss him.. right?

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm about to continue walking, when I hear a loud, delighted moan.

What the fu--

"Oh my god.."

I recognize the voice instantly. Taemin. What the ity is he doing?! 

"Man!! Give me some more, it's so good~"

I swallow thickly, sudden anger boiling up in my chest.

"Ohh!"

"Taemin, shh, you're too loud.." 

What the ?! Jonghyun?!

I don't even notice i'm sprinting for my life until I stumble on my own feet. Quickly regaining my composure, I continue to run to the short distance, my heart violently slamming against my rib cage as I reach the door.

"Yeah Taemin, stop being so loud."

Onew?

A ?! What the ?!

"Ohh! But it's so good, I just can't even.."

The door kicks open with my almighty hero of a hand and of course once again, and i'm shocked to see.. 

The .

Onew, Jonghyun and Lee Taemin sitting on a bed, sharing tubs of ice cream?

I squeeze my eyes shut.

Whoop dee ing doo.

"I-uh.. well.." I my lips uncomfortably at the three staring faces, blinking confusedly at me. I can feel the blood rising uncontrollably to my cheeks.

"Are.. you okay?" Jonghyun questions, an expression of utter stupidity on his face as usual.

"F-fine, thanks." I breathe, trying to calm down the violent hammering of my heart. "Fine.. I.. I just wanted to say.. i'm.." I swallow, the lump in my throat getting bigger as I glance at Taemin's gorgeous, flawless but confused baby face. "I'm going for another swim!"

Yeah.

That's.. that's a good excuse.

"Oh.. didn't you just have two swims already?" Onew raises his eyebrows. "Why don't you come and join us for ice cream--"

"NO!"

It takes about a moment to realize that I had just literally screamed that out.

I can feel my face reddening and my palms begin to sweat as I stare at Onew's, shocked and blushing face. "W-what?! Okay.. I just a-asked.." He sputters, staring down at the tub of ice cream.

"Take a chill pill, man.." Jonghyun chuckles awkwardly at me before patting Onew's limp shoulder.

I close my eyes, open them, close them and open them.

. This isn't a dream nor some wicked fantasy.

Lee Taemin, stop messing with my god damn head!

 

Look at this gorgeous young Minho omfg;