Chapter Twelve - Silent Talk

Mischief and Love

I was simply confused, yet a part of me was cheering me on.

Here I am, sitting in Yuri's living room with a forced smile. She's looking back at me, shifting awkwardly around her seat with a mug of hot chocolate and a small smile tugging at her lips. "I'm glad.. um, that you wanted us to be friendlier." She begins mumbling. "I mean, we should be anyway.. like, I mean, you're like um, Minho's best friend.. and stuff.."

By the way she talked and how uncomfortable she sounded, I guess she was also feeling quite awkward about my decision today.

I mean, it's not everyday i'm sipping orange juice outside with a soft smile on my lips, just thinking about how great life truly is. My mind randomly brain stormed an idea; to be on better terms with Yuri.

It's not that I want to, I mean, I feel as if I will never, ever, send her a genuine smile coming from my heart. She has done too many unforgettable things. I just thought that maybe if we thought of eachother as friends, the plan will go smoother with less bumps and twists. We've already gotten too many problems from this, so I want to calm it down a bit.

"Yeah." I say, nibbling on my bottom lip as I reach out to grab the mug of hot chocolate she had prepared for me. "We.. we've never actually talked. So I thought i'd like to get to know you better.."

She smiles.

I swallow. 

I'm about to speak, but she instantly pushes the subject aside and moves on, a small smile lingering on her lips. "Anyway," She mumbles quietly. "Me and my group are going to a holiday resort with the Super Junior boys.. we'd love if you can bring the rest of yours along. It'll freshen everything up."

I also try to push away what's going through my head and stiffly nod. "Right. Everything's been.. so low lately." I sigh, rubbing my face with my hand with a tired, dull look. "I thought this vacation would be able to bring joy and our moods up. It's just gotten worse." I admit.

Yuri's eyes flash a hint of concern. "Is anything wrong?"

I don't know what made me do it, or why I decided to, but I decided to tell the whole Key and Jonghyun problems to Yuri. I don't even trust her, I don't even like her and I absolutely just despise her.. but a part of me wanted to just scream and rant about everything to someone; someone as even bad as Yuri.

"Jonghyun and Key." I begin, burying my face into my hands with a soft groan. "They're so distant.."

"Why?" She murmurs, furrowing her eyebrows. "As far as I know.. Key and Jonghyun are close friends, yes?"

I nod stiffly, once again. "Key.. he confessed his love to him."

I can hear her quiet breathe hitch. "What? Taemin, what?"

"I know!" I whine in my own hands as I continue to rant. "I didn't even know Key liked him! He suddenly comes to me and tells me the entire story!"

Silence.

I take this as a sign to continue, so I do. "Wait, you wont tell anybody about what i'm about to tell you right?"

She shakes her head.

And with that, I begin. "Jonghyun.. right? He kissed him, got it? And.. and.. he said it was out of curiousity! So Key couldn't take it anymore, right? He just confessed! Like right at his face! So.. so he expected something an 'i love you' back, but really, all Jonghyun did was walk away! ing, walk away!"

"So.. Key got rejected?" 

I bring my face into my hands and chuckle at Yuri's awe-struck face. "Yeah.. basically. Now the two can't even look at eachother without pissing eachother off."

"I don't know why but.." Yuri mumbles uncomfortably, her cheeks reddening slightly. "I've always thought.. well.. I, um, I always thought the two.. liked eachother."

"They do." I state.

"No.. yes, well they do, but not in that way.."

My lips part. What the.. "Y-you knew they were in love with eachother?!"

"Wait!" She laughs with a look of sheer embarrassment, bringing her hands up in complete surrender. "I knew they had chemistry. Because seriously, two best friends don't look at eachother like that! Key gets so happy when Jonghyun's around and really, Key's rarely ever so bubbly and aegyo-ish. He's the tough, diva-ish guy, everybody knows that. It was just like the other day; he had this rock solid expression on with the whole diva aurora shining around him and then BAM!"

"Bam?" I raise my eyebrow. "Who's Bam?"

She laughs, again. "BAM! Jonghyun comes and wow, Key is grinning from ear to ear and jumping up happily, tackling him and everything. It's so rare to see him like that around another person."

I nod slowly, still quite suspicious. "But we don't exactly know if Jonghyun likes Key back.."

"Taemin, stop being so oblivious to everything." Yuri sighs, running a frustrated hand through her hair. "I knew this day was bound to happen. Jonghyun; I mean no offence, Jonghyun is amazing, god yes, but he's such a stupid guy. He probably thought wrong of Key's confession."

"Wrong? What do you mean?" I squint my eyes, edging closer. This is getting quite interesting..

"Wrong, as in, he probably thought of the confession as a prank; as a joke or something. He's been pranked by people several times and I guess Key wasn't trustworthy at that time. Give Jonghyun some time to think. He's a stupid fellow, but he needs to clear his mind off things aswell."

I nod, trying to put each puzzle piece in the right spot. 
 
"But enough about them.. how have you been?" I question quietly, folding my hands together. I didn't want to be too rude, only ranting about my problems to her while she boredly listens.

She takes another sip and her smile widens. "Oh um.. but first, I.. well, Taemin, don't get me wrong or anything; you're a great guy and all.. but do.. do you find anything.. irritating about me?"

Everything, I would love to spit in her face with an evil smile.

But I force myself to calm down emotionally and physically at her question and squeak out a, "No, why do you ask?"

She sighs and slumps back against her chair, her mug still in her hands. "It's just.. i've seen the friendship that you and Minho have had. You guys were close.."

My eyebrows furrow. "Were?" I murmur, a mix of confusion and dissapointment beginning to swirl on my face. Did our friendship falter ever so slightly that people have even noticed?

She closes her eyes. "Now, please, don't take this as an insult. I know.. I know you're still very close with Minho; everybody can see that."

I stay silent, listening to her calm words.

"You're all he ever talks about." A soft smile tugs at her lips. "He tells me how cute you are and how his aegyo makes him smile. How you can't cut apples properly and failed making a chocolate cake for his birthday. How you usually told him to put your socks on because they would get all silly when you put them on. How he says your smile is so bright. How you and him stayed up all night talking together about random things. How you and him text nothing but emoticons to eachother when you're seperated. How he loves it when you about looking like a frog. How much you love to fool around during filming. Taemin, sometimes.. I feel like everybody's friendship is dull in comparison to the one you and Minho have." She finishes off, softly and very quietly. "I love Minho.. but it sometimes hurts my heart at how he can make you so very happy with just one glance you send him.. and how.. actually, nevermind."

My heart feels as if it's swelling up at her.. beautiful words. 

Not only does those words remind me of those memories we have, but it amazes me at how she loves our glorious friendship so much. I thought.. she was just jealous, just an evil who loved to purposely Minho and I all day long. Really, I thought she had this evil plan up her sleeve to secretly destroy everything with my face on it.

But when I think of what she had just said, everything just proves me wrong.

Yuri is just like me. She's doing nothing but trying to get Minho to love her.

I've always wondered how Yuri could make Minho so happy.. by just one glance. 

But she also wonders how can make Minho happy.. by also just one glance.

We're both wondering what's so amazing about eachother; when for Minho; it's everything.

Sure, we're not exactly on good terms and i'm still not exactly fond of her, but it pains my heart to see how we're both suffering for one guy. 

My plan is working like hell, to the point where I can even kiss Minho without him questioning me, but I wonder what Yuri's been doing. While i've been evilly stabbing her behind her back, she's miserably wondering what she can do.

"Yuri." I whisper, looking quite shocked as tears begin to water in her eyes. "I-I don't cry.. it's just.."

She smiles and wipes her eyes with the back of her sleeve, keeping her mug of hot chocolate down and letting out a small breath. "I guess that's the power of friendship. Inside jokes, smiles, secrets; everything. It hurts how I can't have a bond with Minho so strong like that.. but Taemin, please keep him happy."

I can feel my own throat dry up at her words. 

"Oh, um.." I squeak, looking at my watch and fakely widening my eyes. "I should.. should be back at the apartment!"

"Right." Yuri stands up, stretching her arms before she watches me stand up and shuffle to the door quietly. The tension around the air is quite thick, so she walks me to the door and smiles softly, saying the words I will never, I repeat, never, forget in my entire life.

"Minho.. he's an amazing guy. Let's both keep him happy, yeah?"

I bite my lip. "Yeah."

A/N: This chapter is so different and unusual from what I usually write lol. But I didn't exactly like Yuri being in the background because i've noticed she's rarely in the chapters I write plus, she's one of the main characters. So I dedicate this chapter to her XD. 

Oh and BAM: OLD 2MIN GIF

socute.