Just a simple tittle?

Love's in Disguise

“Oh… It's snowing, I love snow! I hope this turns out to be a special day."

I combed my hair quickly and went down for breakfast after I looked at SHINee’s poster again and wished my loveable boys a wonderful day, as always.

I sat at the table and my mum gave me a mug of hot chocolate, my favorite drink, especially in a cold day like this one. “Oh, hot chocolate! My fav drink and a snowy day! Thank you mum, for letting me start with a mug of this delicious hot chocolate, I really lovw Winter.”

“You’re welcome sweetie! What are you going to do today?" – my mum asked

“I still don’t know. I have to finish some shopping and I was thinking about having a walk in the park close to that coffeeshop I love... I'm pretty sure it’s beautiful with all this snow!"

“That sounds really nice sweetheart! Just don’t forget we still have to finish the sweets before your grandma gets here."

“I won’t mother. I’ll be home before grandma arrives and I’ll help you finish the sweets!”

“Thank you Jan! And don’t forget your warm coat… It’s really cold outside.”

“Yes mom!” – I shouted before leaving, taking the coat from the stand

I stood in the front yard for a bit watching the snow fall down, coating everything in a blanket of quietness and mystery, before heading towards that little bookstore I love so much.

The last things missing are the books me and my cousin need for school and since we both like this bookstore I decided to have a look there. When I got there I went to check the new writers, to see if there was something interesting.

I noticed a book which title caught my attention. “Love’s in disguise”. Even without reading the synopsis I knew I would like it so I bought it. Now only missing my cousin’s book. I turned around and someone bumped into me and the book fell into the ground. I was going to catch it when the boy that bumped into me caught it.

“Love’s in disguise”... – he looked at me – “Seems pretty interesting. Nice choice, here you go.” – he gave me the book and said, before turning around – “I’m sorry for bumping into you!”

“That was nothing. Don’t worry about it! Wait… What’s your name?”

“You’ll find out some other time...” – he said mysteriously

“Some other time? What do you mean?” – I asked, absolutely curious

“Yes! I hope we can meet again some other time.” – he smiled and left the store

That smile… I know that dazzling smile from somewhere! I kept thinking about this for a moment and then went to the mystery section to buy my cousin’s book. 

After leaving the store I found myself in the middle of the park.

“I guess my own feet took me here... Well, since I’m already here, then-” I went to sit on the swings. I love the swings since I was a little girl. Though I never really knew why

“Hi!” – I heard someone calling from behind

“Oh… Hi! Aren’t you the boy from the bookstore? “

“Yeah, I am." – he smiled again and I felt myself melt like an ice cream forgotten in a hot day of summer

“Will you tell me your name now? I feel like I know you... Maybe we met before, but I can’t tell with you all covered up! Are you that cold?!” – I asked, laughing

“I don’t believe we ever met before... I’m pretty sure of that, since I wouldn’t forget a pretty and sweet girl like you.” – he smiled again and took out his yellow and red bonnet and his scarf

I freezed and my mind could only think of one thing:

“J-Jonghuyn? Are you really Jonghyun?”

“Yeah, it’s me… if you’re thinking about SHINee's Jonghyun!” – he smiled again

How could I not recognize him sooner? What am I going to do now?

“You know what?“ – he asked, seating down on the other swing, looking at the sky

“What?”

“I love snowy days, especially if we are in Christmas season. Everything turns out to be even more magical then it already is..."

“I think so too!” – I bet I’m blushing. How couldn’t I? Jjong is right beside me and he’s talking to me...

“I’m glad I found someone that thinks like that too.”

Jonghyun turned to me and smiled again and I couldn't help but to smile back at him. His presence lit up everything around him. Initially, I felt embarrassed but I told him how I thought he was a great person that a world needed more of and how insanely talented he was, with such a beautiful voice.

He laughed and thanked me, saying he wasn't that great.

"That's not true. You're worthy of every little compliment and praise, you really are great! You know... I never thought I would have this chance so, let me take it." - I breathed in quickly to find courage - "You're inspiring! And... I have always thought that I wanted to meet you and just chat along with you for a while because you seem to be such a good person with such amazing views of the world. I always thought we could be good friends if we ever got that chance."

"Well, who knows?" - I smile - "But thank you, for those words. They mean a lot."

He seemed lost in thought for a little bit before he started talking again and he swinged back and forth. He talked about things that came to his mind and I, mostly, listened quietly as he talked.

Suddenly I looked at the clock and it was already time for me to leave. Why? I want to stay with him a little more...

“I’m sorry Jonghyun! I need to get home now...”

“No need to say I’m sorry. And call me Jjong.” - he smiled and that smile whipped my sadness away - “Is it fine with you if I walk you home?”

“W-Walk me home?"

“Yes. Isn’t it a good idea?!” he suddenly seemed sad

“No, it's not that. I was caught by surprise… Of course you can walk me home if you want."

He smiled and caught my bag. All the way there we were chatting about so many different things that I can’t remember all of them.

“Well, we’re here!” I said, stopping in front of the gate

“It was… amazing meeting you. This really was a special snowy day!” – he smiled so warmly that I felt my knees going weak

“I… I make your words mine, since I don’t know what to say.”

Jjong suddenly got closer to me and kissed my forehead really softly and sweetly

“Jjong-ah… I…” - I didn't know what to say as he stepped back

“Jan… I need to tell you something."

“What?” I whispered softly

“First… This was a very special snowy day. Second… I think I know what “Love’s in disguise” might be about.”

As I looked in his eyes, I think I knew it too.

We talked a bit more and then he gave me my bag back and we said goodbye. He watched me open the door and we waved at each other as he turned around and left.

I closed the door and took off my shoes and jacket and went upstairs to my room. I stared at the SHINee poster on my wallet and saw certain I had dreamt the whole thing.

"Glad you're back honey." - my mom called, passing by my room - "Come on, we have Christmas sweets to bake."

"Either I'm still dreaming or I had a dream like day..."

I helped my mom sort everything out and stayed with her until grandma arrived. We all talked together for a while and then I went back up to my room and picked up the bag to sort out the gifts.

When I did that, a tiny paper fell from it and I picked it up to read it:

"Thank you for keeping me company. Instead of a sad and lonely day, I had a very special and wark snowy day. We should talk again~ Let me know if tou want to."

On the bottom he had signed his name and written his number and I sat down on my bed, still speechless while I sent him a text saying hi.