Final

Missing You

A quaint little coffee shop finds us best friends sitting at a table next to a window, both of us enjoying our drinks. We chat about anything and everything, bubbles of laughter popping up here and there. Occasionally we pause and just drink in the comfortable silence between us.


A cold draft blew in through the door, and as a result, he wraps his slim fingers tighter around his warm drink. Deciding that it was late enough, we both walk towards the entrance of the place slowly, wanting to stay in each other’s company for just that little bit longer. Although, I do want to get home a little earlier today.


Once outside, I shiver a little in the cold and bunch my scarf tighter around my neck, taking a sip of my drink to warm me up. I slowly take a look at my surroundings and voice out, “Oh my bus just passed… Now I have to wait for half an hour.”


He just laughs, shaking the dark mop of hair on his head and finding amusement in my predicament. I whine about why do you hate me, I’m so sad, and he just laughs harder. After we both calm down a bit, we hug each other goodbye, promising to meet sometime within the next week, and he says apologetically, “Sorry I can’t wait with you, I my parents are visiting me later, and I haven’t cleaned up. At all.”


I wave off his apology, and give him a little push to make him get going. Once I settle myself on the cold bench next to the bus stop, I vaguely have a thought of gee, why does it have to be so cold in winter? At least it’s not raining. Shivering again when a particularly strong gust of wind blows, my thoughts turn to my wonderful boyfriend Jongin, waiting for me at home and I smile just from the thought of seeing him soon.


Then I remember that the bus isn’t coming for a while and take my earphones out of my backpack, plugging it into my phone. I let the music wash over me and softly sing along, only a friendly grandma sitting a small distance away there to hear me. She gives me a smile and I give her a grin in return, happy to make someone smile.


It soon occurs to me that I can take the train home instead, the station only being a couple of minutes of walking from here, and I internally face-palm. I can just imagine Jongin sniggering and muttering about only you would take so long to realize that, and apologising by smiling at me with those pretty eyes of his.


I smile again, checking the train timetable on my phone, and see that I would still have a twenty minute wait for me there. I come to the decision that I would rather wait here and get home that little bit faster, seeing as the bus stop is closer to my house.


Bored, I entertain myself with the mission of recalling the dance that Jongin taught me a couple of weeks back. He’s some sort of legend when it comes to dance – we met because of dancing actually, he was captivating from the very beginning.


Before I know it, the bus has arrived. I stand and wait for all the passengers to alight, getting my ticket ready while waiting, then clamber on. The bus is empty, so I choose a seat somewhere near the middle and sit down next to the window.


After a short moment the bus sets off, and I lean back onto the seat, peering out at the scenery – even though there’s not much to see, it being dark and all. Although, the lights from all the traffic looks pretty, shining brightly. Traveling into a quieter neighbourhood, the music in my ears keeps me company while I wait to arrive at my stop.


I take a sip from time to time until I realize that my drink is empty. By that time, I’m finally near, so I push the stop button and stand up, keeping a firm grip on the pole in front of me – buses aren’t exactly the steadiest things around.


As I get off, I call out a ‘thank you’ to the bus driver. I wait for the bus to clear away, then cross the road after looking both ways – I watch too many dramas, who knows what sort of accident I can get into, based on those.


A few minutes later sees me opening the door to our house. Jongin kept the door unlocked, knowing my dislike of fiddling with keys. This neighbourhood is safe anyway.


I bound in with a cute grin on my face (the kind I know that my baby fawns over) and I’m met with him catching me and giving me a chaste kiss, murmuring ‘I love you Luhan’s and ‘I’ve missed you baby’s. I’m doing the same to him, adding a welcome home because we haven’t seen each other for over a week now, Jongin having been on vacation with his parents.


I feel blissful from all the love he’s giving me, and I just melt into his strong frame.


Later, we end up on our bed cuddling, with some music channel on the TV playing in the background. I nestle my head into his chest and feel him pressing a soft, sweet kiss into my hair. I feel my eyes droop and I think he knows, because he switches off the TV and gets comfortable.


He gives me one last kiss for the night and we exchange whispers of I love you, so much, and we fall asleep, basking in the other’s warmth.


Thank you for reading!! Yeah, this is pretty fail imo OTL. It's so choppy, messy and barely any cuddling time o.o Like, I start with some random best friend and then bam, he has a boyfriend... Yeah. The plot (what plot?) isn't exactly captivating either... But I really wanted to post this so here you go :)