Final

Time Machine?

 

I need a time machine...

 

A light of smoke puffed like the softest cloud from two cups of hot tea. Hot black tea, the one of their favorites. For the girl_who stared quietly through the café’s window with those lifeless look, hot black tea reminded her of their first (and maybe this time was their last) encounter. She liked its color, just simply clear black. Black got her of two meanings in life: gloom and mysterious. She would drink the black tea when her heart feeling so gloomy, then believed something mysterious would appear. A year ago, the guy_who sat across her this time_came into her life for the first time, right after finishing her tea. How life passed so mysteriously.

For the guy, hot black tea was worth for its taste. The bitter one. He just do loved it. The taste reflected the memories he wanted to remember. Their first encounter, their first date, their first kiss, also their first fight. Love, hope, anger, lust, disappointment, jealousy, all mixed in a cup of hot black tea, in their story. Story was going to the end, maybe.

“Guess we’re over.” Plainly, Siwon as the guy uttered. And Yoona_or the girl, just slowly blinked her eyes. Her eyelash moved beautifully while her view didn’t move from the window.

“I guess.” Plain as well, she spoke up. Hardly audible.

And for the second time, an icy atmosphere was hung on the air. Tough the café was crowded today, at the corner was just silent. They both were busy with their own memories.

Soon, the smoke from their cups was slowly gone. The tea was no longer too hot. Automatically, their hand moved in unison, reached their own cup. Siwon and Yoona were used to do that together, since only God knew how long.

Yoona lifted her cup and stared the liquid inside. Still, clear black. She could see her reflection there, lifeless and utterly sad. Siwon gulped his tea, slowly felt the liquid burry his tongue and down to his throat. Tasted bitter, as what displayed on his face now.

A moment later, they looked up to see each other. No need words, all feel they felt was already shown on their face. Yoona knew what his look meant, and Siwon got what her expression said.

“We made a mistake. No one is innocent in this case.” Siwon spoke firstly again, after the long silence.

Yoona turned her head back to the window. Tough the street outside was full of people passing by, she just saw maple leaves spread on it. ‘One mistake made many regrets.’ She was like seeing her unnie, Sunny, once warned her days ago.

“I’m sorry.” Siwon’s voice broke her train of thought. Sincerely, he said the apologize.

 Me too. Yoona really wanted to reply back, but somewhat couldn’t voice a word out. A year with so much perfection. She mused. It wasn’t because the longest relation of hers, but because of him, made it very special. The feeling was too real, but she knew_both of them knew_no use keeping their feeling to each other. Yet she still loved him. She loved all about Siwon oppa. His bad and good side, both easily made her fall.

Siwon sighed. He stared at her face_which still facing the window_deeply. He was such in an effort to remember all about her. All about Yoona never failed to amaze him. Her perfect jawline, soft lips, cheeky cheeks, angelic face, also her voice whenever she laughed, spoke up, even goin mad, he didn’t want to forget them all. He loved he to death, but he knew_both of them knew_no use keeping their hopeless relation.

Yoona lifted her cup, once again, and gulped the tea slowly. Hope this could smoothen to say something. Carefully, she put the cup back on its place. She motioned her head to face him. Siwon waited.

“I’m sorry too oppa.” A soft apologize and some hint of regret came from Yoona’s mouth. “True, both of us made a mistake.” She nodded.

Over.

 Siwon smiled, bitterly. “We know.”

“We do.”

Then they were back to their tea, drank it with some hope it could calm themselves with its magic. At least that was they thought. Quietly, they placed the cup and remained a half inside. Guess they had same thought of measurement.

“Thank you for everything.”

Everything. Your love, your laugh, your smile, your mad, your childishness, your prank, your advice, your suggest, your critic, your cry_everything that you let me feel those precious feeling.

Deep in their heart, feeling of granted fulfilled the empty space of their hurt heart.

Yoona smiled. Even it’s great difficult.

“Thanks for everything too, Siwon-ssi.”

♥♥♥

 

This afternoon was windy. The sky showed its gloom through the grey color. The leaves were falling from the tree beautifully, signaled about the coming of autumn.

Autumn.

Even winter was better than this sorrow weather.

Sooyoung who was busy caring her plant, shocked of Yoona’s sudden appearance. Out of nowhere, Yoona was already behind her. She looked bad. Terribly bad.

Carefully, Sooyoung led Yoona to sit on the bench_which was Yoona’s favorite place to be alone when she got bad terms.

“What do you want most in this life?” Yoona randomly asked. Her eyes looked up, gazing the grey sky and began teary.

Sooyoung coughed, wasn’t ready with sudden question. “Uhm, money?” She answered unsure. Seriously, that was the most needed thing which people wanted, right? Sooyoung chuckled at her own silly answer, but strangely the girl beside her had no respond. Yoona turned her head and sent meaningful look to Sooyoung.

“I want a time machine.”

Sooyoung puzzled, stopping her chuckle immediately.

“I need time machine for going back to the past, whenever I made a mistake. So I could avoid that mistake for better tomorrow. Besides, I could make mistakes as much as I want.” Yoona continued.

One mistake, many regrets.

If she knew well his character, if she didn’t play with his feeling, if she listened what Sunny unnie said. If . . .

Maybe they shouldn’t walk on this misery. She did hope.

“Yoona, did you…?” Sooyoung couldn’t continue her wonder since her friend already showed the tears. One by one, they rolled down on Yoona’s cheeks. Sooyoung shook her head in disbelief and concern. How could this happen?

Affectionately, she hugged Yoona who trembled hard and comforted her with their power of friendship.

“We just made one mistake.” Whispered softly, Yoona said between her sob. “But it turned out worst.”

Yoona cried her tears out like there’s no tomorrow.

♥♥♥