Invicible

All is fair in love and war

 

“Dong Ho, Come here!” the manager yelled sitting at the table of a classy bar in downtown Seul with Minki. BaekHo’s and Ren’s mother’s had just left and Dong Ho was almost as nervous as he was excited to get to know the beautiful and quite strange girl he had just seen.

“I don’t think I have introduced you to your trainee mate, BaekHo this is Minki, Minki this is BaekHo” the manager stated.

“It’s just… Ren” Minki said clearly irritated.

“Hey um… Ren.” BaekHo mumbled “I am sorry hyung, but weren’t we all supposed to be… boys?” Dong Ho asked to the manager.

“We are all boys idiot” Ren hissed.

“WHAT?! You are… a boy?” he questioned astonished,

“Yeah… do you have any other question?” Ren rolled his eyes, it wasn’t the first time someone questioned his gender and it annoyed the hell out of him even though it was impossible not to question whether Minki was a girl or a boy, because he looked more girly than most girls BaekHo knew but sounded more tough than most boys BaekHo had ever gotten into a fight with.

“Okay guys your other trainee mate JongHyun couldn’t make it because he’s having a few problems with school but he’ll probably be here in a week or maybe two. Anyway, here’s the key to the apartment you’ll be sharing. You’ll find food and clothes there.” The manager explained “I have a meeting in 5 minutes but I’ll leave you guys talking here, the check is already paid, have fun!” he was already gone.

BaekHo was glad he was leaving because he was genuinely intrigued he had to admit Ren was attractive. They both looked at each other in awkward silence while waiting for the food to arrive. Minki admired BaekHo’s arms and thought of hugging him and how nice it would feel but Ren had always loved to be mysterious and kept blank staring,

“What are you thinking of?” BaekHo asked.

“Absolutely nothing” he seemed careless. “What are you thinking of?”

“To be completely honest I am scared” Dong Ho hadn’t even told his mom he was afraid.“I am not ready for all this. The fame, the pressure, I am not sure I’ll be able to handle it”

“I am afraid too BaekHo but I would be scared even if I were about to become a farmer” Minki said still looking away. “I fear the future but I am not going to let my fear control me, it’s my dream you know”

“It’s my dream too… I guess… but aren’t we too young?” BaekHo questioned.

“C’mon BaekHo that is just an excuse, don’t be afraid. You are not alone remember? I am going through the same thing as you it’s just that I…” Ren breathed “I am sure I want this…”

“I am sure I want this too”

“Then there’s nothing to be worried about” Minki assured. “Does your father support you?”

“I am still not sure, all he said was: you think you are invincible, don’t you?” BaekHo answered smiling.

“When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are.” Minki said.

“What do you mean?”

“We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.” Minki explained.

That took BaekHo’s breath away. So smart.

The Ramen arrived and they ate quietly. They talked about meaningless things for two hours. BaekHo told jokes, Ren smiled and told a better joke, BaekHo laughed very loud. Minki fell in love with BaekHo’s laugh.

 

“There is a full moon, let’s get closer!” Ren said excited for the first time, he grabbed BaekHo’s arm and dragged him to a bridge were they could see the sky perfectly.

 

“If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently” Minki murmured.

“How so?”

“Well, when you look into infinity you realize that there are more important things than what people do all day”.

“Let’s go home, shall we?” Dong Ho said still looking at the stars.

 

BaekHo walked to his room and collapsed on a king sized bed, thinking that if people were rain, he was drizzle and Ren was hurricane.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I stole a few quotes from John Green, like the invincible teenagers and the dizzle/hurricane thing hehehe. Well this chapter was really short but it was important for their relationship… I think next chapter will be rated M but I’m still not sure xD Tell me what you think!